Remapping in the Oxford area

Django-

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my 2002 S3 BAM a month or so now and am looking to get it remapped. I've provisionally booked in with Remapping Oxford but though maybe I should get some advice first. Can anyone recommend somewhere around Oxford?

Cheers,
Dan

Badger 5 aint that far from Oxford, and they will look after your pride and joy! Highly recomend them!

Cancel you booking and give Bill a shout...

Reactions: Django-
Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

Remapping Oxford, I've just discovered, doesn't have a rolling road, which does put me off a bit.

I'll seriously consider driving over to Badger5.

:)

Badger 5 isn't too far a trek... or R-Tech in Hinckley near Leicester, which I know is further but I've had a stage 2 map done there which I'm over the moon with. There's only two places in the UK I'd take my car to and I've mentioned them both! (I travelled from the Middlesbrough area in the North East!).

I've been convinced!

I'll make contact with Bill soon and book something in if he has a space for me.

Thanks again, and here's to a few more horses!

Reactions: Clart
From personal experience, I highly recommend Chris at CC tuning in Burton-Upon-Trent, really knows his stuff and his map's are brilliant.

Wouldn't go anywhere near somewhere that doesn't have a rolling road

Badger5 have a waiting list until mid July :(

I'd love to get her mapped sooner than that really. Is it worth waiting, or might another tuner be nearly as good?

Burton-Upon-Trent is pretty far away but thank you I'll give it a think.

Badger5 have a waiting list until mid July :(

I'd love to get her mapped sooner than that really. Is it worth waiting, or might another tuner be nearly as good?

Burton-Upon-Trent is pretty far away but thank you I'll give it a think.
Impatient as you are for more power, I really would wait... And it will give you more time to save up for more modifications :)

Badger 5 has a long waiting list for a very good reason... It is a pain though...

Thanks dude. I'll make my reservation tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've got a short shifter, Eibach springs, Powerflex front mounts, and DS2500 pads. Anything else I should be thinking about doing?

If i had a booking, i'd be trying to make sure my car was as tip top as i could get it.

Does it have any fault codes? Get it scanned to find out.

New plugs, fresh oil and filter. Do you know if the coil packs are recent?

Arrive with the car fit, correct tyre pressures and a tank of whatever fuel you use.

Finally, the best thing i've done to my car is fit a Badger 5 turbo intake pipe. The oe one collapses, the B5 one doesnt. Great bit of kit and the car feels much better. Bolt on power. Sounds nice too.

Thanks for the tips. But what's a coil pack?!

They sit on top of the spark plugs. Cars in the good old days used to have one coil that all four spark plugs shared. Your car has one coil pack per plug. They can be responsible for miss-fire issues.

About £120 to replace all four from Audi. Easy to swap if needed, just remove the black engine cover and you'll see them on top of the engine.

Best to replace all four if you have one mis-behaving. Hopefully yours will be ok, but be aware they can be a weak point on S3's.

Went to have a ganders at Django`s car on friday night. Hes bought a good car. Few niggles but nothing to worry about really.

Cleared the fault codes off. Was mentioning low MAF signal. Cleared it. If it comes back I have a known good maf we can trial on it.

Mentioned EGT open or short to ground.

Sure enough the ****** was unplugged.

Reactions: Django-, Nilz, s3 Hoggy and 1 other person
Try Revo :superman: worked well for my BAM S3

Can confirm that Samuealle is a ****** star!

New coilpacks tomorrow AM at the local Audi garage. Then back off to the garage I bought her from to get the EGT probe installed.

Question though...should they reimburse me for the horrific amount I've spent on petrol so far? I think so!

Thanks Vorhees but already booked in with Badger5. I can't wait for the 4th of July!

Reactions: jaykay8L