Remapping help!

IanF S3

Reaction score
Hi guys I've been searching around the forum and the Internet to try and help me decide what to do about a stage 1 map.
im from Staffordshire and think I want to go for a shark remap and there HQ isn't to far away.
My car is a 2007 s3 with 40k, has anyone here had any experience with the shark HQ?
Is there a trial map like with revvo?
Also I beleive it's worth me changing my diverter valve? Is this correct and will they be able to do this?
sorry for all the questions but I'm very new to all of this.
Cheers Ian.

Ben's a good chap he'll sort you out well & I'm confident he can sort out your dv.

Just give them a ring and tell them what you want. I can guarantee you, you'll love the car after the remap. Ben is a top bloke and so is Mikko so your in safe hands.

Hi Ian,

A stage 1 Shark remap is going to cost £399, it’s your choice but I'd go with Revo.

Revo currently have a 20% sale on software which would mean the cost of a stage 1 map would be £399.20 compared to the normal price of £499! The offer expires in 1 week (15th Jan).

If you are getting your car mapped then I'd recommend getting an uprated diverter valve as the factory diaphragm can crack under high boost pressure. However, I wouldn’t bother paying daft money (Forge etc), just go for an OEM part - I got mine from Awesome GTI for £52.79.

Cheers
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Shark dealers have offers on. I have 10% discount running at the moment but don't be ruled by price or peoples opinions. The most expensive is certainly not the best so do your homework first before handing over your well-earned cash. Many top tuning companies out there have great maps for S3's.......Shark, APR, Revo, Bluefin etc etc and they all drive differently so it all depends on what you want out of the map. Shark for example are renowned for progressive maps in the S3 which I certainly like and you dont have to change anything to run with it. Revo on the other hand used to be quite aggressive but I believe they now have an update for the S3 which tames it slightly. Best thing to do is drive afew S3's that you know have been mapped by different companies and try them....that way you'll see for yourself the differences between them and dont have to rely on opinions. You might also find that your S3 has the updated DV already so no point in changing it.

I got my shark remap via gnj motorsport. I can't fault the maps tbh. Awesome power upgrade. I also run full miltek and soon getting a cold air intake.

Stick to stock DV. I'm actually running the oem rubber diaphragm one and still going strong. I got a rev d sitting around but it causes a back fire so prefer the original.

I had shark on my mk5 gti and was superb. I would definately go with shark again!

Have Revo on my S3 though! Choose Revo this time as my local shark agent doesn't have a rolling road.

cheers everyone for the feedback, i have the day off work tommorow so i'm going to ring R-tech and whoever is closest Revo wise and see what they can come up with!

Before going with one over the other ask the installer about data logging runs. Many installers just do a standard sw upgrade and don't check how things work on the road. After uploading the new sw timing can be tweaked for optimal performance and fuel set up. This requires several logging runs to achieve the best set up for your car.
I have revo stage 1 on an S3 which is great, can't comment on Shark or others as I have never tried them.
SB Autobahn in Stirling did the install and Stuart did numerous logging runs to get the best possible set up.

Also make sure you have good super/vpower fuel in the tank for the logs.

Both maps are very good however I found SHARK to be more accomodating when it came to price and at the time REVO were not prepared to offer any discount at all.

TBH you will be happy with either although I do like the SHARK self tuning system.
This will be handy wehh I visist the daeler next week then go Stage 2 the week after.

N8 - Drop me a line with and let me know what I need to do to sort Stage 2. ;)

Good luck
Paul