Remapping A4 S-line (120BHP)

inti

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Is it worth remapping my vehicle; getting that extra bhp, that extra torque and better mpg on fuel.

If I did, who are the experts, and from your experience who would you recommend.

It's been playing on my mind, what shall I do.....Help!!! lol

Thanks

Yeh it will be worth it, go with Revo, it will be £400 and you will see a huge gain in power and economy it also will feel smoother engine and the exhaust is a little more grunty due to abit more turbo boost pressure, best thing i have ever done to mine :)

Yeh it will be worth it, go with Revo, it will be £400 and you will see a huge gain in power and economy it also will feel smoother engine and the exhaust is a little more grunty due to abit more turbo boost pressure, best thing i have ever done to mine :)

Hi Audi Dynamik,

Is your vehicle same as mine, I am really interested now but the price that high! is that normal.

no its not the same as mine, is it diesel or petrol ? the price is normal but well worth it, also what year is it ?

My vehicle is on 2009 (59) plate S-line 2.0 tdi (120BHP) standard......to be honest I am thinking of buying it. It has Satnav, bluetooth, xenon lights and full leather Interior, and is on 48k mileage and I am hopefully getting it for just under 14000K.

Is it worth it???

I am such a novice when it comes to this; because I only was made aware of this from a colleague from work who said to me go and buy the car, which can be remapped to 140bhp.

This forum is a start for me, honestly :)

V-Power gives you more MPG on fuel, nooo you serious.

60 Bhp gain on your and to that particular engine it is an immense difference ! The Ecu will have to be Removed and plugged into the Computer and Get the Revo Software downloaded onto it and put back in the car again, it is quite allot of work so thats why the price is high, i have had mine remapped by Revo and love it !

Reactions: inti
It seems a nice spec car and a fair price, whats the colour and condition ? Get it bought and a Revo Remap is for you

Are there any other Co. that you would recommend, as I am in Manchester.

Thanks.

Ecu ( Engine Control Unit) under the bonnet controls the car. Cars Brain
I work in Manchester and live in Rochdale sadly :L
I went to ADS in Preston to get my Revo Remap, It takes about 3 hours to complete the Remap,
You would go to awesome gti near the Trafford Centre which use Apr Remaps but you dont get as much power out of them.
You have a lovely car btw ! do you have a private plate?
It is safe to remap, i wouldn't really class it as play around with, it is the same engine as the 170 Bhp and the 140 but just tuned down and Audi sell them for cheaper. Thats why the Ecu is (Locked) because if someone wants the 170 bhp they will think i might as-well get the 120 and Remap it and get it a few thousand cheaper, that's why Audi have Locked the Ecu's but the way round it is to take the Ecu out Remap it that way and nobody can tell it has been done unless they drive it

Fantastic, so you work in my neck of the woods, and what's wrong with Rochdale, nice part of G.Manchester lol.

Any how on to the cars, how about the fly-wheel and the plate would that get damaged. Well not mine car but the car is on 59 plate. I was thinking of going to 'Awesome Gti' as I thought support my locals, but aren't they not ready for these sort of mapping.

You see you've now got me thinking, and I don't want to be ripped off, as there are a lot people that do remapping out there. I also remember FR-R Tuning in Bradford, who did removed my DPF on my b7 Audi A4, it didn't go as easy as I wanted it to but I unfortunately had to visit them on numerous times to get the problem fixed.

So please your knowledge including the member of the forum would be immensely appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks.

Find your dealer here.
Revo | Dealer Search
I don't Awesome Gti do Revo anymore i was told, i Would go with Revo rather than Apr , ( my personal Choice)
I went to ADS in Preston got it Remapped by Dave and the people at Revo headquarters in Northampton know him personally so that is a bit of a benefit.
You decide where you get it done really,
It should not affect any of your engine components done worry.
I have a Fish and Chip Shop in Blackley in Manchester that's why i have Cod for Fish on my Plate have a look at the Pictures of my car on the link below :)
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...165464-brilliant-red-dynamik-photographs.html

Do you have a Private Registration ?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, family call.

The vehicle is not on a private reg, why do you ask? have you seen it flying around poshley, I mean Blackley lol.

No problems
ahha !
Because i have some 3d lettering Carbon Number Plates on my Car which are £43.60 from Demon Plates and they look amazing and they are quite a cheap but good modification to enhance your car and they are fully legal.
It may not be worth getting them though if you don't have a private registration though.
Have a look at these links anyway.
3D Carbon Domed Text : Demon Plates
Number Plate Builder | Online Number Plates Builder

Last edited:
Hi,

I honestly would like to get things rolling and the number plate 'wow' look beautiful. But at the moment I have an A3 that I need to sell on 'Auotrader' and buy the A4. To be frank I do have a private number plates, which I need to put on the A4 and thanks for telling me about it.

Also can I put my car on Sale on Audi-Sport Forum.

Mr Cod, where you gone; is it bed-time.....

Hahahah no ! i was watching Mrs Biggs Recorded haha, yeah i suppose you can sell it on here aswell as autotrader, make sure you describe it well and clear good lots of pictures , condition service history etc ..

Hello,

we are in Stockport and can remap your car for £400. That is a full custom map, with all work done in house. We have a lot of experience with carefully removing these ECU's so you are in safe hands :)

Thanks, Rick

Hahahah no ! i was watching Mrs Biggs Recorded haha, yeah i suppose you can sell it on here aswell as autotrader, make sure you describe it well and clear good lots of pictures , condition service history etc ..

Hi,

It's fine, after a long days work you want some QUALITY TIME, no not the mrs but TV lol.

Anyway onto the cars, yes I have brilliant Audi A3 in metalic blue (2011) YD11, and It's got 2 years Audi warranty, and 1 year extra warranty with another well known Co.

It's done 45k, S-line ver, S-line alloys, half leather interior, beautiful black matt interior roof, start & stop, free road tax (as it's band c) ;) and all the driving has been on motorway. I can assure you this the car is amazing to drive, and had 4 new tyres from Kwikfit. Serviced in June 2012 and next is in 2014.

I am going to put it on AT, but due to a very busy schedule and a lifestyle I can't even attend to the Mrs lol sadly

Hi,

Thanks for the interest, but I need the best of the best to touch my baby, I need reassuring that my car won't be left with amateurs and I'll get a fantastic service in house and after car service.

I have seen a lot out there BUT they just want your cash, not fair.

The Revo Dealers are all Authorised to do the job aswell :)

Hi,

I have food for thought now, and also some real feedback that I can take on board and move forward with. In the market we are in today it's about service and the quality of the workmanship which laymen can see.

But in-fact results backed up with facts, and research carried out on ones car is vitally important as how the car drives and behaves.

After all these are not Nissan Micra's that we are talking about.

Thanks.

My mate has a 120bhp tdi remapped by Revo, The said gain is 180bhp and the car engine is seemingly the 143bhp engine detuned. It is not, I am led to believe, the 170bhp detuned as I think that car has some engine differences like injectors etc... He has loads of mid range power with it going all the way through to at least 4500rpm before you change gear and get your next dose of fun!!! It didn't however give him an increase in the power below 2000rpm as this was one of his criticisms of the car. The car seems to be very heavy and cumbersome until over the 2000rpm mark where it then takes off. It has resolved however, any problems for overtaking on country roads as it really does burst with power and thus gets you past any slow drivers and gets you back into the left nice and safely. I have had a shot of his car and I can testify to this. You can also get an SPS device from Revo or buy it second hand from ebay which will allow you to return the car to stock mode and return it back to map mode in a few seconds by inserting it into the diagnostic port. Oh, and by the way, he didn't need to get his ecu removed it was all done over the diagnostic port taking about 15 minutes to do.

Audi Dynamik, are you on commission from Revo?

There's a lot more companies out there than just Revo!

Shark have a really good reputation and also as previously mentioned APR done by awesome but awesome also do their own maps on tdi's. Look for somewhere that you may want to go to then get some feedback on that company. You don't always need to spend lots on a map to get a decent one.

The 170 engine is not the same as the the 120 140 or 143. The one 120 shouldmake the same figures as the 140/143 mapped.

Shark have a really good reputation and also as previously mentioned APR done by awesome but awesome also do their own maps on tdi's. Look for somewhere that you may want to go to then get some feedback on that company. You don't always need to spend lots on a map to get a decent one.

The 170 engine is not the same as the the 120 140 or 143. The one 120 shouldmake the same figures as the 140/143 mapped.

The advice in regards to 170bhp is very true as I had a B7 Audi A4 which actually was throwing out 170bhp and it went upto 200bhp and at times my clutch would slip and the rev counter would jump up like mad.

But I'll keep you guys posted with my car, as I am on here in the evening mostly.

Thanks once again to everybody :)

I have only experienced Revo and i am giving Inti my personal opinion of them so far ?

Audi Dynamik.

Nice advice is better than no advice.

My vehicle is on 2009 (59) plate S-line 2.0 tdi (120BHP) standard......to be honest I am thinking of buying it. It has Satnav, bluetooth, xenon lights and full leather Interior, and is on 48k mileage and I am hopefully getting it for just under 14000K.

Is it worth it???

Are you sure the car isn't 140bhp standard?

Are you sure the car isn't 140bhp standard?

The car definitely is 120bhp, I was also curious when I saw it but then I got it confirmed.

Is it a better engine then a A3 2.0TDI S-line (138bhp) in terms of bhp, torque and mpg.

I mapped a customers A4 CR120 Stage 1 then did the DPF delete with subsequent DPF delete map and he loves it. The car is more responsive, alot quicker and the MPG has gone through the roof. Just about to do the EGR delete mod with the gasket so it should drive even better with that done.