Remapping a 2.0 TDI Sport 140BHP

Andy86

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive been considering mapping my A3 for donkeys now but just wondering if it is worth it for the extra torque and BHP you get, can you feel a huge difference? Also i know a couple of mates round my way remapping their 150bhp VW golf to 190-200bhp and having to replace turbos and having loads of boosting problems so this is where I worry as i dont want to boost mine with the thought of this is going to pop any time now? Cheers!

Remapping it will give it a new lease of life but make sure your car is running smooth before hand. No point in tweaking it if there are under-lying problems with the mechanics of your car. A quick scan of the car will pick up any problems. If none then off you go and enjoy. Lots of threads on here about remaps and companies to go with - Revo, Shark, Bluefin. Its entirely up to you. Shark Performance seem to be getting cracking reviews at the moment and I can highly recommend them as my S3 has Stage 1. My last 2.0TDI was also Stage 1 and that was fun to drive and also returned an average 50MPG. If you have any questions feel free to ask as there is a wealth of knowledge on here so someone will answer them.

Cheers for your reply and message i will give it some consideration

They're having problems maybe because there remapping to 200bhp, most 140BHP remaps goto 175bhp or 185bhp max

Yea i think if i go for a map i will be looking at a 170-175 Map

Look into getting a pedal box from juicy detailing, will help when your wanting to plant your foot down

Reactions: Andy86
Might be worth dropping brotek an email. They do shark maps and im sure you will be very happy with the results if you choose to use them.

Reactions: Andy86
I'm not sure who is offering 200bhp maps for a 2.0 tdi i've not seen any. Some claim but if they was to go on a accurate dyno it'll prob show 170-185 max.

I've got a DTUK box on mine and had no problems since I put it on. Car has done 127k miles 2005 2.0 TDI

My m8 has got dtuk box on his PD105 golf and he says it pulls a little better in 2nd and 3rd and ****** loads a black smoke out

My m8 has got dtuk box on his PD105 golf and he says it pulls a little better in 2nd and 3rd and ****** loads a black smoke out

The DTUK box comes with about 16 different settings. If it is set to high it will throw lots of fuel through to the engine that simply cannot be burnt hence the black smoke and not great gains. I have mine set about half way and pulls like a train and beats my mates VR6 mk3 golf and stays with another mk4 20vt supposedly running around 210 bhp. I drive like a fanny anyway I'm not a massive fan of driving fast. I prefer to get lots of miles to a tank :)

I will pass that info onto him, should be a really noticeable pull with the remap/box in comparison to stock

i think you would be hard pushed to get 200bhp on a tdi on a basic map without supporting mods

Do it. Huge difference in 2nd and 3rd gears. Even in 6th you can feel the torque compared to standard map.

Just got mine remapped by celtic tuning a few days ago, 188hp. What a difference, turbo kicks in quicker and seems to last longer. Definetly worth it!

It's definitely worth it and I'm still running standard clutch no problems after 15k miles approx since having it installed. I get the occasional puff of black smoke when under full throttle but it soon clears once it gets going. Mind you, majority of diesels do that anyway.

Just dropping in, im new to this forum.

I live in newcastle too mate and i got my 140 TDI mapped to 180 off black code remaps, based in consett.

custom map set me back 300 but it was definately worth it. it pulls like a train now and i even have my girlfriends dads 530d off the line.

Go for black code and ask for Paul

Just dropping in, im new to this forum.

I live in newcastle too mate and i got my 140 TDI mapped to 180 off black code remaps, based in consett.

custom map set me back 300 but it was definately worth it. it pulls like a train now and i even have my girlfriends dads 530d off the line.

Go for black code and ask for Paul

Welcome to ASN. Post some pics of your car for us to see. Enjoy the forum. :)

Do any of you guys with a remap have DSG?
Would there be any extra considerations i need to look at as i have DSG and not a manual?

i have a dsg that im looking into mapping. there is upgraded software for the dsg box you can get as an extra that makes it quicker. Or you can just stick with the remap on its own if you wish..

has anyone ever had any problems with remapping?? all the threads are positive reactions so far...

Bluefin have got a sale on at the mo.

I was looking at the difference between Revo and Bluefin, but revo just seem to confuse and the email I got back from them (after asking questions) wasn't particularly clear.

I think I'm going for Bluefin, do you think this is the best? I like the idea of changing the map back if I want to you see.

Hi guys, ive been considering mapping my A3 for donkeys now but just wondering if it is worth it for the extra torque and BHP you get, can you feel a huge difference? Also i know a couple of mates round my way remapping their 150bhp VW golf to 190-200bhp and having to replace turbos and having loads of boosting problems so this is where I worry as i dont want to boost mine with the thought of this is going to pop any time now? Cheers!

Well worth doing Andy. I had my Golf Anniversary 150 PD and my current A3 170 done by R-Tech. Both turned out brilliantly. Loads more torque and improved economy. My Audi now has 205 BHP and more torque than I need - I get wheelspin in 4th in the wet! Turned it from nippy into seriously quick when I want it. I had a full DPF delete done at same time (innards removed and box refitted).