Remapping 3.0 bitdi recommended providers?

dt-tdi

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve recently purchased a 2014 A6 3.0 bitdi cr (313ps) and am looking for a recommended remapping provider.
In the past I have used Superchips with their Bluefin handheld to remap my previous A4 and have generally been pleased with the results.

Currently Superchips are quoting the following power/torque gains for my A6:
Specs Original/Increase
Horse Power 308 bhp + 41 bhp
Torque 650 nm + 116 nm

Has anyone had a more favourable experience with another company?
Thanks in advance.

I have a TDI tuning box on my bitdi and claimed figures are 363ps and 722nm torque.

Car in transformed with it turned up to max. Highly recommend

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Highly recommend Rick @ Unicorn Motorsport in Stockport, he'll do a custom map with Dyno time.

My BiTDi made 362ps and 812nm with standard hardware on his set of very conservative rollers. He leaves all safety features enabled (e.g. exhaust temp sensors) and even has the ability to maintain an original checksum on the flash counter of the ECU.

Where abouts are you in the country?. Rick is very good and has mapped my A4 twice, normal and hybrid turbo and my 225 TT.
If you are down south @bobby singh is also very good mapping the 3.0 TDI engine.

Reactions: bobby singh
Hi Don't expect JD style power figures.
400hp / 820nm can happen with dpf before egt's become a issue.

Add a Wagner intercooler, it helps (I can offer these at -10% if need be).

Cheers
Bobby

Last edited:
Thankyou for your suggestions.
I’m located in Crewe and have come across a company called More BHP also located in Crewe.
They have a 4wheel drive rolling road setup and provide bespoke remaps so I may give them a try.

Thankyou for your suggestions.
I’m located in Crewe and have come across a company called More BHP also located in Crewe.
They have a 4wheel drive rolling road setup and provide bespoke remaps so I may give them a try.

Your money & choice, I have nothing to say good or bad about More BHP, but bear in mind, Rick @ Unicorn in Stockport would do you a live/custom map for your car on their 4WD rollers for sensible money - and I can highly recommend his work

Hi Ian
I'm currently in contact with Unicorn about remapping my motor.
The first reply from Chloe confirmed the price below:

Good afternoon David.
Custom software for your vehicle is £499 in vat. Dyno time and printout are included.
We would expect to see 350+bhp.
Fuel economy should improve, it is however, difficult to put figures to this due to the many variable factors that contribute.
Kind regards,
Chloe

The second reply presumably from Rick also confirmed the following:

Hi Dave.

We actually remap the gearbox on these. At the moment it’s free of charge as based around the torque management so that if doesn’t hold back the engine. We will be charging but as the gearbox software is fairly new we want a few cars out in the wild.

The engine software is completely bespoke. The car will do many dyno runs while it is being fine tuned.

I'm seriously thinking about going ahead with this work as they seem to be very knowledgeable about their work.

Dave

Reactions: IanMcA3, Bishop187 and Buxton2901
Hi guys I own a a7 bitdi 2014 it's got 313bhp from audi. I was looking at remap too but I wanted to change the exauset 1st to 3" with down pipe & no restrictions. Spoke to company called darkside development they quoted me 400+Vat of the remap & about £1000 for exauset . Dose anyone have any experience with them?

Hi guys I own a a7 bitdi 2014 it's got 313bhp from audi. I was looking at remap too but I wanted to change the exauset 1st to 3" with down pipe & no restrictions. Spoke to company called darkside development they quoted me 400+Vat of the remap & about £1000 for exauset . Dose anyone have any experience with them?
I wouldn't recommend Darkside for mapping. £1000 for an exhaust sounds awfully expensive.
@bobby singh is very good with these engines.

Reactions: S7_2EYA
Unless you custom tune these you can not get the best out of them.
£500 is cheap to be honest, but then again 350hp is weak.
You have to change a sensor to get make it safe so that the ECU operates within limits and then 400hp is on the cards.

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: Bishop187
If you want the proper tuning go to these guys. https://www.facebook.com/JDEngineering.nl/
The rest are Mickey Mouse.
Cost Circa £2000 if you let them do all the work.
Location Holland.

Spec
Wagner Tuning Competition intercooler
RS6 intake with K&N panel filter
JD Stage 3 software.

Forget the exhaust @£1000 you don't need it.

Reactions: S7_2EYA
If you want the proper tuning go to these guys. https://www.facebook.com/JDEngineering.nl/
The rest are Mickey Mouse.
Cost Circa £2000 if you let them do all the work.
Location Holland.

Spec
Wagner Tuning Competition intercooler
RS6 intake with K&N panel filter
JD Stage 3 software.

Forget the exhaust @£1000 you don't need it.
Hi thanks for the advice to everyone that replied, I am very interested but was just wondering if you or anyone you know had any work done from JD engineering & how helpful they found them because I'm a bit of noob lol

giphy.gif

@Gazwould LOL

@S7_2EYA - do some research before you drive to Holland to get any work done. The claimed figures can not be obtained with safe egt's - a friend of mine put a JD tuned car on his dyno and it made 380hp with a claimed 420hp.

Always get confirmed figures from independent dyno.

Your money & choice, I have nothing to say good or bad about More BHP, but bear in mind, Rick @ Unicorn in Stockport would do you a live/custom map for your car on their 4WD rollers for sensible money - and I can highly recommend his work
Booked the car in with Unicorn on Tuesday.
Thank you all for your input

Reactions: Gazwould, IanMcA3, desertstorm and 1 other person
Booked the car in with Unicorn on Tuesday.
Thank you all for your input
You won't go wrong with Rick. He mapped my A4 twice, once with the standard turbo and when I had the hybrid fitted. Also my MK1 TT.
Don't forget top take some Piccies and post up the dyno sheet.
Karl.

Reactions: Buxton2901
Will look forward to seeing the dyno sheet! Just found out that he is now able to do some tweaking to the ZF box, so will be trying to get in to get a TCU map - recently had the oil & filters changed in the gearbox, so this should hopefully get it back to OEM+ !

@Gazwould LOL

@S7_2EYA - do some research before you drive to Holland to get any work done. The claimed figures can not be obtained with safe egt's - a friend of mine put a JD tuned car on his dyno and it made 380hp with a claimed 420hp.

Always get confirmed figures from independent dyno.
Hows that A4 doing Bobby still claiming it does 0-60 in 3.8 Secs :yahoo::hubbahubba:. Amazing - fantastic. :rock:

So I've got the car booked in with darkside in the morning for full exauset £2053 & they want £540 for remap. I also went to see Rick at unicorn today very nice guy, I turned up without a appointment but he still spent about 20min with me explaining evry thing. He wants £595 for remap plus he will map the gearbox. I'm thinking to go with Rick but want to meet the guys at DarkSide first before I decide.

Personally I would go with Rick any day over Darkside to tune the car. Having the gearbox done as well is the icing on the cake

Reactions: Rhyso and Bishop187
Personally I would go with Rick any day over Darkside to tune the car. Having the gearbox done as well is the icing on the cake

I'm with Desertstorm on this one; although I haven't used him personally, I've only ever heard good things about Rick :)

The fact you were able to rock up without an appointment and he spent time talking to you shows that he cares about you as a customer :)

Old thread revival!

But thought I'd add my tuppence worth having bought an A6 Avant 3.0 BiTdi a few months ago and then booking it in with @bobby singh shortly afterwards for some work.

When I bought the car, it already had a remap on it, running about 370bhp and 820nM, but it was a very peaky delivery and didn't hold power higher up the rev range. It also had a massive flat-spot at 2.5k rpm where the turbos change over - which I was amazed to find out is actually apparent on stock cars. Anyway, given the map wasn't ideal, I went to Bobby for ECU map, DPF work, fuel sensor and airbox mod. I went to Bobby due to his reputation on the forums - what a top guy, put up with all my questions and has done great work on the car!

Car now has more power, much smoother more consistent delivery of tourque, holds on to the power much better up the rev range, and the flat-spot has gone! Drives really well and very pleased with it. It's now a moderately quick car and the torque makes for easy overtakes. I did a couple of Dragy times recently just for interest - it was a slightly greasy road and 8 degrees with average tyres, and it managed 4.6 seconds. I expect it'll go slightly quicker in optimum conditions but not much. Happy with that given it's also a very high mileage car.

The only slightly annoying thing is the rubbish early Audi map of the ZF8 which slurs and slushes around in the low gears like it doesn't know what to do normal acceleration. It's pretty annoying but can be overcome using the paddles. Unfortunately Bobby couldn't update the software - not his fault at all, apparently it happens on a few cars. Be good to get this updated though - Bobby please get the new hardware for the update and I'll be your guinea pig :)

Old thread revival!

But thought I'd add my tuppence worth having bought an A6 Avant 3.0 BiTdi a few months ago and then booking it in with @bobby singh shortly afterwards for some work.

When I bought the car, it already had a remap on it, running about 370bhp and 820nM, but it was a very peaky delivery and didn't hold power higher up the rev range. It also had a massive flat-spot at 2.5k rpm where the turbos change over - which I was amazed to find out is actually apparent on stock cars. Anyway, given the map wasn't ideal, I went to Bobby for ECU map, DPF work, fuel sensor and airbox mod. I went to Bobby due to his reputation on the forums - what a top guy, put up with all my questions and has done great work on the car!

Car now has more power, much smoother more consistent delivery of tourque, holds on to the power much better up the rev range, and the flat-spot has gone! Drives really well and very pleased with it. It's now a moderately quick car and the torque makes for easy overtakes. I did a couple of Dragy times recently just for interest - it was a slightly greasy road and 8 degrees with average tyres, and it managed 4.6 seconds. I expect it'll go slightly quicker in optimum conditions but not much. Happy with that given it's also a very high mileage car.

The only slightly annoying thing is the rubbish early Audi map of the ZF8 which slurs and slushes around in the low gears like it doesn't know what to do normal acceleration. It's pretty annoying but can be overcome using the paddles. Unfortunately Bobby couldn't update the software - not his fault at all, apparently it happens on a few cars. Be good to get this updated though - Bobby please get the new hardware for the update and I'll be your guinea pig :)

Hi Rich thanks for the kind words
Im glad you are happy with the tuning.
As for the TCU it was very odd the controller would not take the latest update - drop me a mail in the next few weeks hopefully should have a new tool to try

Cheers
Bobby