Remapping 148hp CSUA

Ibis Rob

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2015 A4 sline black edition Nav and over the moon with it. After coming out of a 2010 A4 sline there’s noticeable improvements all over but now to the other part, my old A4 had the CAHA 170hp engine, but my new A4 has the 148hp CSUA engine. The power difference doesn’t look much on paper but in the real world for over taking its a pain in the **** and need to get her mapped soon. Has anyone mapped this particular engine and had any issues. I’ve been quoted a few figures ranging from 180 hp up to 195 hp. All these are off the shelf maps from the likes of top gear tuning. I’m over in Ireland so don’t have a great selection of mappers here.

They're all based on the same engine, its just the engine software which governs the power.

If you could get to Autotune in Ballymena they're highly recommended.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruairi83 and Sandra
They're all based on the same engine, its just the engine software which governs the power.

If you could get to Autotune in Ballymena they're highly recommended.
I’ve heard of auto tune. There a few hours up the road,

Agreed with Darren.
I had my old a4 tdi Quattro 177ps remapped by Autotune and it was up at 225ps. Was amazing.

Reactions: Ibis Rob and Darren92
Been in touch with auto-tune and I’ve the car booked in to be done. He’s going to travel down to me and do it. He’s recommended doing an EGR delete on it. Said they still give trouble. I know on my last one I had to replace the EGR

Reactions: Darren92 and jdp1962
After the delete make sure you still block it off.

Sure I heard that they don't always shut after delete so can cause smoke.

Ryan at autotune knows exactly what he's at, it'll be done right
It was lance I was in contact with but as you say. He wouldn’t recommend something if he didn’t know what he was at.

Little update on this. Lance called around and put the new map in. Totally changed the way the car drives now. Pulls like a train all the way up through the gears. Very nice guy with no nonsense. Would recommend auto-tune to anyone thinking of a remap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ruairi83 and jdp1962
hi mate, do you have their details? tried googling but i'm not fining it.

Cheers
Al

Reactions: Ibis Rob
Old thread resurrection time.

I have the same car and same engine and I am also considering a remap after previously owning a Leon Cupra (240bhp) and missing the power.

Have you had any issues since remap that could be linked to the remap? Is yours a manual or auto?

Thanks.

Old thread resurrection time.

I have the same car and same engine and I am also considering a remap after previously owning a Leon Cupra (240bhp) and missing the power.

Have you had any issues since remap that could be linked to the remap? Is yours a manual or auto?

Thanks.

mines a manual. It’s never missed a beat sense it was mapped even with the EGR disabled. Has plenty power for over taking unlike before.

mines a manual. It’s never missed a beat sense it was mapped even with the EGR disabled. Has plenty power for over taking unlike before.
Thanks Rob.

My only fear now lies around the limits of the Multitronic box. Most stage one maps claim to take the torque to between 390 and 410Nm. Most sources state the Multritronic is only good for 400Nm. Waiting for an answer from Celtic Tuning regarding this and any experience they have.

Thanks Rob.

My only fear now lies around the limits of the Multitronic box. Most stage one maps claim to take the torque to between 390 and 410Nm. Most sources state the Multritronic is only good for 400Nm. Waiting for an answer from Celtic Tuning regarding this and any experience they have.

Definitely wait till you get some confirmation on the gearbox. All going well they’ll say it’s fine.