remapped A3 140 tdi

rickyt

Reaction score
hi, just little thing im concerned about with my A3. There seems to be no problems with the car no warning lights or anything. When drivin slow in first and second there seems to be a siren noise in the backround like a long whisle. I thought it was the turbo but im not sure. anyone got any ideas thanks rich

I'd definitely say turbo. Mine used to do this (same as yours tdi 140). Changed turbo and noise went away. Do it sooner rather than later to prevent the engine running away on its own oil. The oil feed pipe must also be renewed when changing turbos.

The siren noises are the FED's :angrymod:

thanks mate, so you reckon its the turbo? hope its not too pricey to change? but i got a feeling it will be:ermm:

MINES BEEN FINE WITH A REMAP NOT SURE WHAT IT COULD BE MATEY

SPEC OF MINE :

AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 2006 SPORTBACK, BALANCE SHAFT REMOVED UPRATED OIL PUMP, SMALLER SUMP, STAGE 1 REMAP PRINTED OUT RUNNING 178 BHP 305FT LB TORQUE P, FORGE BOOST HOSES, STAINLESS STEEN DECAT DOWNPIPE WITH TWIN TAIL PIPES, 18 INCH ORIGINAL BBS CH

MINES BEEN FINE WITH A REMAP NOT SURE WHAT IT COULD BE MATEY

SPEC OF MINE :

AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 2006 SPORTBACK, BALANCE SHAFT REMOVED UPRATED OIL PUMP, SMALLER SUMP, STAGE 1 REMAP PRINTED OUT RUNNING 178 BHP 305FT LB TORQUE P, FORGE BOOST HOSES, STAINLESS STEEN DECAT DOWNPIPE WITH TWIN TAIL PIPES, 18 INCH ORIGINAL BBS CH

Did you get the balance shaft done proactively or did it fail?
How much did all that cost?? (if you don't mind me asking ;)

DEFO THE TURBO M8 !!!! my brother is now on his 3rd turbo 56 plate,70k miles, 140tdi jetta remapped to 170,every time it's been a bearing failure in the compressor housing, becarefull it doest go pop and run up on oil because then it will be engine failure..... The last one was really annoying siren noise didnt loose any power drove lovely but was that annoying it had to go in.... vw have now modified the turbo's apparantly because how many failures they're having.... The local main dealers average 2-3 a week they told us

we contacted the mappers and they blame the poor qaulity of the turbo fitted but now this one just been fitted is a new upgraded model so time will tell, i was under the impression it was the extra power the turbo is running but they asure us it's fine and just junk turbo's now using a garret instead of a cheap german brand apparantly that weve been told