Remapped 1.8TFSI (120) still doesn't feel that quick

Keydogg

Reaction score
Website
www.burstwick.golf
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 1.8 TFSI (120) B8 which had the engine rebuild work done by Audi in 2016, since then never lost a drop of oil and it's ran perfect, now on 67k miles so relatively low.

I decided recently to have it remapped as the 120 is well known for going to 200-210bhp with it being the same engine/turbo as the 160. I had it mapped by one chap who does it on his own, but he's relatively cheap (£150), and I wasn't happy with the result as it felt quicker, but not that much difference (it basically felt like 160-170 to me, having driven similar cars like it). So I wasn't happy and I got him to put it back to stock on the same day.

I then went to a local reputable company, who charge £295 but are well known for their professional service and remapping success - same result. Car does feel quicker, but definitely not 200bhp quick. I've done a couple of 0-60 tests on back roads and with decent launches I can't break about 8.6 seconds.

My question is, are there any known issues that might cause the engine to be starved? Do you think that my exhaust system, might be clogged from the engine oil issue before the rebuild? Has anyone else had this issue?

+1 dyno, never bother with places that dont have one, also useful to make sure the engine is healthy before tuning

Was in the market for a 1.8 120. Aim was to then remap it. Not sure now...

Did you swap out the OE air filter and put some Shell optimax...(99 oct).....before the map...?

Was in the market for a 1.8 120. Aim was to then remap it. Not sure now...

I had a same car (engine rebuilt by audi then remapped) and we used it as a company pool car. It is quick, much quicker and pulls all the way through the revs. I was impressed.

I have an octavia vrs 2.0 tsi with 220bhp and its not that far off.

Something has gone wrong with the OP’s remap i reckon

Reactions: Keydogg
Did you swap out the OE air filter and put some Shell optimax...(99 oct).....before the map...?

No, I am taking it to my local garage to get him to look and see about replacing fuel filters etc.

I had a same car (engine rebuilt by audi then remapped) and we used it as a company pool car. It is quick, much quicker and pulls all the way through the revs. I was impressed.

I have an octavia vrs 2.0 tsi with 220bhp and its not that far off.

Something has gone wrong with the OP’s remap i reckon

Yes something is definitely wrong but I'm not sure it's the map as I've had two separate maps with the same results.

My engine management light came on last night and my ODB reader found that my engine is running lean, could be a crack in the intake pipes or something wrong with the oxy sensor? I will get this checked out also.

Am I reading this correctly? 120bhp to 200+bhp on a stage 1 remap?

Very unlikely?!
The 120bhp is only software downgraded from the 160/170bhp. Vag does that often so they can offer a wider range of different bhp's to customers.

The 1.2tfsi 86bhp is a downgraded 110bhp
The 204bhp is downgraded 245bhp
Etc

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: DrStrange
Am I reading this correctly? 120bhp to 200+bhp on a stage 1 remap?

Very unlikely?!
Not at all standard my car made 118bhp with supporting mods, exhaust, intercooler, air filter and stage 1 map I’m making 240bhp n have been for a good 10k miles now