Remap

Lee.25

Reaction score
Hello

any one on here no if I can take my car to diff mapping company to get my stage 1 remap changed to a diff one I’ve got a AMD tuning (woking) remap ..... But I wanna go to revo in need of a dsg remap and as they don’t do them I need to go there as going stage 2 so wondering if revo would take that off to put there’s on I didn’t no if it had to go back to standerd for them to do that ??

They should be able to do it.
When I bought my car I had no idea it was mapped and I got a Bluefin for it. Superchips called me to advise it was already mapped and I could either return the handset for a full refund and leave the car with the current map on it, or they could send a base map and a remap to my Bluefin so it could be reverted to standard or stage 1. I chose their second option and they did it within an hour.
I'd be amazed if Revo don't have base maps to over write the AMD map and then tune it with their own file.

Reactions: Lee.25
If you're looking at Revo then take a look at an APR map. Revo don't develop for the 8P any more while APR keep their maps current including ongoing R&D. I'm pretty sure that APR have a deal on at the moment too.

Alternatively you could go for a custom map this could be cheaper (maybe not if you get DSG and ECU) - speak to R-Tech and see what they say. They (like other custom mappers) will overwrite your existing map.

Last edited:
I just went from Revo 1 to APR 2+ no problem, the APr map just over writes the previous.

Most maps have their merits depending on what you want ? Some maps are fixed, some are user adjustable, some have immobilisers built in and so on.

If you're looking at Revo then take a look at an APR map. Revo don't develop for the 8P any more while APR keep their maps current including ongoing R&D. I'm pretty sure that APR have a deal on at the moment too.

Alternatively you could go for a custom map this could be cheaper (maybe not if you get DSG and ECU) - speak to R-Tech and see what they say. They (like other custom mappers) will overwrite your existing map.
Oh really I didn’t even no that I will take a look at apr then see what the story is there I was gunna go to r tech but sometimes there waiting lists are so long you no that’s what a few people I no have said anyways I was just bothered about if my stage 1 can be overridden with another remap like apr and revo sort of thing and of course where I wanna go more power I want the dsg map and revo and apr do both but yeah il take a look at apr see what they say and stuff

I just went from Revo 1 to APR 2+ no problem, the APr map just over writes the previous.

Most maps have their merits depending on what you want ? Some maps are fixed, some are user adjustable, some have immobilisers built in and so on.
I thought apr and revo was basically the same because like price wise for there maps and pretty much the same And what not ?? Well as long as I no it can be overridden that’s all I’m bothered about so hopefully mine ain’t immobilised or anything so they can do that

They should be able to do it.
When I bought my car I had no idea it was mapped and I got a Bluefin for it. Superchips called me to advise it was already mapped and I could either return the handset for a full refund and leave the car with the current map on it, or they could send a base map and a remap to my Bluefin so it could be reverted to standard or stage 1. I chose their second option and they did it within an hour.
I'd be amazed if Revo don't have base maps to over write the AMD map and then tune it with their own file.
Oh did you ahh right okay so I should be alright then il just give it a go see if they can change the Remap if not il just go else where like the others said might try apr see what there like thanks Dave