Remap ????

Lee_s3.24

Reaction score
Can any one recommend any good remapping company's that are half decent in price was gunna go revo but I think there to expensive tbh must be cheaper places that are good so if any one could recommend me some that would great ??? I also live in ashford Middlesex most of them are far away from but if any one also knows of closer ones to me then yeah drop me a message ??

It's an Audi s3 8p stronic(dsg)

Custom remapping is the way to go of which the most highly thought of/used tuners on here for the S3 8P are R-Tech in Hinkley or Unicorn in Stockport. They are a fair distance from you though, saying that AMD Tuning in Essex are a great garage with lots of happy customers on here as well of which they offer their own custom mapping and again people have been pleased with the results. So I'd personally go there if I were you, they do offer APR generic maps but custom mapping, especially when stage 2 & above, will benefit you more and is also slightly cheaper.

Reactions: S3Alex and Sandra
As HHS3 says,I think most of us would say that custom mapping can offer the greatest benefits,and sometimes lower costs than generic maps.

I'd been a long term customer of AMDTuning and can recommend them,and I can also recommend Storm Developments in Aldermaston,who are a bit nearer to you.

They're doing a lot of work on my car currently,and again I'd be more than happy to recommend them.

Reactions: Sandra and HHS3
Another vote for Storm Developments here and there are plenty of others who recommend them as well. I hadn't previously mentioned them as I've only had repair/maintenance work done with them and don't know anyone who's had their stock S3 ME9 ECU custom mapped by them, but given the amount of work/development they've done on the Syvecs ECU, as well as the magic they're doing with Alex' Syvecs/S3, then it's fair to say they know what they are doing.

Reactions: Sandra
Custom remapping is the way to go of which the most highly thought of/used tuners on here for the S3 8P are R-Tech in Hinkley or Unicorn in Stockport. They are a fair distance from you though, saying that AMD Tuning in Essex are a great garage with lots of happy customers on here as well of which they offer their own custom mapping and again people have been pleased with the results. So I'd personally go there if I were you, they do offer APR generic maps but custom mapping, especially when stage 2 & above, will benefit you more and is also slightly cheaper.
Thanks mate il probably go for and or something I looked them up and stuff there a bit closer to me tbf yeah I herd that they are cheaper I don't best revo are so expensive I was going to get it done by them but they said it's 500 quid then £98 vat I was like **** that's a bit much even tho A lot of my friends that I no have gone for revo they have never had an issue with them maps that why I thought I'd go for them aswel but yeah il give amd a try see what they say and stuff

Yeah I got quoted £598.80 for revo near to me, a bit too steep. AMD quoted me roughly £400 all in for one of their own maps which seems more reasonable.

As HHS3 says,I think most of us would say that custom mapping can offer the greatest benefits,and sometimes lower costs than generic maps.

I'd been a long term customer of AMDTuning and can recommend them,and I can also recommend Storm Developments in Aldermaston,who are a bit nearer to you.

They're doing a lot of work on my car currently,and again I'd be more than happy to recommend them.

Thanks Alex appreciate it I've herd that custom remaps are generally better apparently anyways so il probably go for amd then one thing I wanted ask how much will the s3 engine cope with I'm only probably Gunna go 330 360 bhp tbh but just wondered will it be comfortable with that like what sort of problems will I get or to look out for if I did do the stage 2+ on my car

Yeah I got quoted £598.80 for revo near to me, a bit too steep. AMD quoted me roughly £400 all in for one of their own maps which seems more reasonable.
did they I ain't only one then yeah I think that's a joke nearly 600 quid for a map 400 quid much more reasonable I think aswell

Thanks Alex appreciate it I've herd that custom remaps are generally better apparently anyways so il probably go for amd then one thing I wanted ask how much will the s3 engine cope with I'm only probably Gunna go 330 360 bhp tbh but just wondered will it be comfortable with that like what sort of problems will I get or to look out for if I did do the stage 2+ on my car

Speak to Ben at AMDTuning for prices etc.

The engine itself is very tough....the stock internals are good for 440bhp/440lbs,and with uprated parts 600+bhp and over 550lbs is doable.

At Stg2+,the engine is well within it's margins,and should be very reliable if serviced regularly....mine certainly was.

The block on mine has done 80k miles,and the current bottom end parts have done 40k miles,with the original crank also having done 80k miles,much of that at 360bhp or above.

Speak to Ben at AMDTuning for prices etc.

The engine itself is very tough....the stock internals are good for 440bhp/440lbs,and with uprated parts 600+bhp and over 550lbs is doable.

At Stg2+,the engine is well within it's margins,and should be very reliable if serviced regularly....mine certainly was.

The block on mine has done 80k miles,and the current bottom end parts have done 40k miles,with the original crank also having done 80k miles,much of that at 360bhp or above.
Yeah il give them a call when I get a spare 5 mins or something have a word with them...,

Yeah I herd they was strong i just didn't no how strong you no I don't drive my car hard 247 tbh I service it regularly as it stands now , oh what your car had done up to 80k on stage 2+ 360, did you change bottom end because of more power added or just changed cause of wear ? Sorry to be nosey just curious don't wanna **** my car lol So 360 bhp basically like half way so I can go that little bit further if I wanted to like turbo have to be changed ect obvs to go that much further wouldn't it ?

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah il give them a call when I get a spare 5 mins or something have a word with them...,

Yeah I herd they was strong i just didn't no how strong you no I don't drive my car hard 247 tbh I service it regularly as it stands now , oh what your car had done up to 80k on stage 2+ 360, did you change bottom end because of more power added or just changed cause of wear ? Sorry to be nosey just curious don't wanna **** my car lol So 360 bhp basically like half way so I can go that little bit further if I wanted to like turbo have to be changed ect obvs to go that much further wouldn't it ?

The basic engine is well made and tough,providing it's treated well.

The engine on mine was rebuilt prior to fitting the first of it's larger turbos,as we know the safe limit for the bottom end is around 440-460lbs.

At it's first build,at 40k miles,the crank and cams were writhing original tolerances,and much of that mileage had been with 330-360bhp.

Now,at 80k miles,the engine was stripped down,checked and rebuilt,as it covered 20k miles at 550bhp and 550lbs,so it was checked over,before the new turbo etc was fitted.

The best option for 450-480bhp would be a TTE480 hybrid turbo,which will still run on stock internals and deliver up to 480bhp,without overrunning the torque limits.

A proper big turbo build is expensive,with things like new inlet and exhaust manifolds,head work,pistons,rods etc....take a look at my thread if you feel like some of that!

Reactions: Sandra
did they I ain't only one then yeah I think that's a joke nearly 600 quid for a map 400 quid much more reasonable I think aswell
Yeah exactly, I could afford it but I don't want to!

Yeah exactly, I could afford it but I don't want to!
Yeah exactly that who wants to pay big money for something like that then they got check to say if you want it done again it's only 50 quid obvs if u add supporting mods and stuff like that

The basic engine is well made and tough,providing it's treated well.

The engine on mine was rebuilt prior to fitting the first of it's larger turbos,as we know the safe limit for the bottom end is around 440-460lbs.

At it's first build,at 40k miles,the crank and cams were writhing original tolerances,and much of that mileage had been with 330-360bhp.

Now,at 80k miles,the engine was stripped down,checked and rebuilt,as it covered 20k miles at 550bhp and 550lbs,so it was checked over,before the new turbo etc was fitted.

The best option for 450-480bhp would be a TTE480 hybrid turbo,which will still run on stock internals and deliver up to 480bhp,without overrunning the torque limits.

A proper big turbo build is expensive,with things like new inlet and exhaust manifolds,head work,pistons,rods etc....take a look at my thread if you feel like some of that!
Ohhh I see so you had it rebuilt for the bigger turbo ect so was cool with 360 bhp up until you wanted bigger turbo bassically right okay I get you now, you have 550bhp I'd love to have a go in one that's got that much power lol , yeah il have a look at your thread and stuff so I can get a rough idea of everything...

I will most likely only go 360bhp tbh but as they say you always want more and yeah I herd about them tte480 turbos i did look one up a while ago i thought considering there a hybrid and they produce that much bhp I would of thought the engine would need rebuilt forge pistons ect as you say the stock bottom end is only good for 440 bhp ??

Ohhh I see so you had it rebuilt for the bigger turbo ect so was cool with 360 bhp up until you wanted bigger turbo bassically right okay I get you now, you have 550bhp I'd love to have a go in one that's got that much power lol , yeah il have a look at your thread and stuff so I can get a rough idea of everything...

I will most likely only go 360bhp tbh but as they say you always want more and yeah I herd about them tte480 turbos i did look one up a while ago i thought considering there a hybrid and they produce that much bhp I would of thought the engine would need rebuilt forge pistons ect as you say the stock bottom end is only good for 440 bhp ??

Horsepower doesn't bend rods....it's torque that kills the bottom end if it's not built properly.

So,if you limit torque,with a smaller turbo(by comparison with something like a GTX3582),then you can get increased bhp,and better torque than you would with the stock turbo,but without running into the costs of building an engine for a lot more torque.

Reactions: HHS3 and Sandra
Yeah exactly that who wants to pay big money for something like that then they got check to say if you want it done again it's only 50 quid obvs if u add supporting mods and stuff like that
Yeah exactly. To be honest I think I'll end up going to AMD if I do get it done. Alex recommends them and their price is reasonable.

I went with Viezu Tuning who are pretty decent, and a fairly big company. They do all the BT fleet and offer insurance on the work (encase it goes wrong, which it never really does). Hear rumors about Revo remaps as they tends to burn out Turbos, but that could be a load of old bo**ocks!

Anyways, Im happy with mine, and its all custom so you can ask them to configure it to your style of driving. I have a fair amount of power from 70mph onwards, just pulls and pulls...everything below that isn't a mental, but it reduced my 0-62 to around 6.5 seconds.

https://viezu.com/

Reactions: Pazzer
Hear rumors about Revo remaps as they tends to burn out Turbos, but that could be a load of old bo**ocks!

/
I think the important thing is that you're happy with the results.

Revo maps in general tend to be quite conservative,as you might expect from a major software company,and I don't know of anyone having a turbo failure as a direct result of one of their maps.
Mine ran Revo software from Stg1 to Stg3 with no problems at all.

It's fair to add that high mileage or poorly maintained turbos are likely to cause issues if remapped,but that will be a problem common to all of that type.

Reactions: NoGGy
I went with Viezu Tuning who are pretty decent, and a fairly big company. They do all the BT fleet and offer insurance on the work (encase it goes wrong, which it never really does). Hear rumors about Revo remaps as they tends to burn out Turbos, but that could be a load of old bo**ocks!

Anyways, Im happy with mine, and its all custom so you can ask them to configure it to your style of driving. I have a fair amount of power from 70mph onwards, just pulls and pulls...everything below that isn't a mental, but it reduced my 0-62 to around 6.5 seconds.

https://viezu.com/

I thought 0-60 was 5.7-8 seconds standard

Not on a 2.0 TDI...(As far as I am aware) The standard 0 - 60 according to the manufacturer is 7.9 on the 170bhp (which mine is). It's probably more like 8 to 8.5 realistically. The increased torque knocked it down to around 6.5....and the BHP on mine is circa 200-210 need to get it on a dyno.

Anyhow, more to the point, I found Viezu are good, but as Alex states, any reputable tuner is going to do a half decent job.

oh yes sorry thought it was an S3 great numbers tho :footy:

Not your fault! I went off topic and to be fair, I am messaging on a thread about S3! So my bad :yes:

Sorry to hijack this thread. However some knowledgeable remappers on the discussion. Can you get a stage 1 without having to upgrade to an induction kit? I'm going to run probably a K&N panel filter, and i like the look of the engine as it is, and noticed most bays have changed due to the induction kits after a re-map.

Reactions: NoGGy
Sorry to hijack this thread. However some knowledgeable remappers on the discussion. Can you get a stage 1 without having to upgrade to an induction kit? I'm going to run probably a K&N panel filter, and i like the look of the engine as it is, and noticed most bays have changed due to the induction kits after a re-map.

Yes you can.

I did this initially,and whilst you may not get the absolute best out of it,it will work.

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
As far as I know custom filter could help with custom induction enclosure, but the one that actually replaces the original one wouldn't help too much, cones will suck the hot air from engine bay still if not in correct enclosure but we know everyone got their mind, as well I was looking on this site: here TBH I was planning as well changing to k&n or simota on BMC but after this...

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
Can any one recommend any good remapping company's that are half decent in price was gunna go revo but I think there to expensive tbh must be cheaper places that are good so if any one could recommend me some that would great ??? I also live in ashford Middlesex most of them are far away from but if any one also knows of closer ones to me then yeah drop me a message ??

It's an Audi s3 8p stronic(dsg)
Did you get a remap in the end mate?

This just shows end numbers, doesn't make a point with even a panel filter change from paper to cotton low end I.e throttle response driving is a lot smoother and gear changing plus a extra few mpg. It's a definite noticable change!