Remap

bowen

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I had my B6 Cab remapped last night by Kinetic Tuning - Home . Great guy spent ages with me doing logs etc, I would recommend. The map make the car so much more driveable.

After the remap and many runs/logs, we noticed that under full throttle, the power would drop off yet under half throttle it would pull and pull. Then code 16683 popped, I hope that this can be solved with a Forge 007p valve. Any other suggestions.

Also under heavy driving since the remap i get a ticking or clicking sound?

Look forward to some advice.

Thanks,

didnt Kinetic give you and advice on what the problem could be ?

Also under heavy driving since the remap i get a ticking or clicking sound?

That sounds like it's pinking. I would try some higher octane fuel and see if that cures it. If not I would suggest going back to them and asking them to adjust the map cause it won't do any good to the engine in the long run.

The standard DV is more than adequate for stage 1 remap, but is prone to the seal failing. 007p offers reliabilty over the Standard DV but no performance gain unless you go stage 2 & change the spring. I've done loads of vcds logging in the past to compare the the 007p against the OEM DV & there's never been anything in it between the 2. OEM DV £25 007p £90 ish.

Pauldazzle- I understand. A replacement is just part of the course to hold boost better, not to increase performance for me anyway. I believe my OEM DV diaphram is dead.

007p's are now £111+

there 3 on the bay m8 at the mo... theres a newer version the 008p now maybe worth buying one of these...ill have a look see if i still got my std plastic one lying around

Reactions: bowen
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the offer mate, appreciate the thought! I had a parcel this morning, shiney forge 007p! Will be fitting asap, what a pita to get to on the BFB engine!

Ok, fitted my 007p. Overall it boosts better.

The problem is; when on full throttle the power is low, compared to part throttle when the power is strong?

Any ideas?

My mate had this problem for about a year until Friday.(Audi a4 '53 1.8t) Turned out the boost pipe coming from the turbo wasn't air tight.(smoke test proved this)
Get it up in the air and tighten the pipe. Something so simple caused so much money loss in changing parts for nowt!!

Car would run fine at half throttle but full throttle it would surge. That pipe was tightened and now all is fine.

Last edited:
Nineteenhundredtdiavant (you couldnt have picked a longer user name), I am always up Martins (eurocar) he fitted the 007p recently. I thought that would have solved it.

Which pipe was it? the Turbo intake pipe?

Hmmm, outlet may get Martin to have another look or the N75 valve

Well Karl's (the red audi) is now running fine (touches wood).

p.s If you fancy a quick diesel, my fabia vrs is up for sale. Wink, wink, nudge nudge. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: bowen
That sounds like it's pinking. I would try some higher octane fuel and see if that cures it. If not I would suggest going back to them and asking them to adjust the map cause it won't do any good to the engine in the long run.

Hi, sorry to butt in but can i ask what causes the pinking my 1.8t 163 standard does this and what can i do to stop it.

Many thanks Jay

Well Karl's (the red audi) is now running fine (touches wood).

p.s If you fancy a quick diesel, my fabia vrs is up for sale. Wink, wink, nudge nudge. lol

How much?

If they logged it they should be able to tell what it is.

What did they log? 020 and 115/118 logs would be nice to see. :)