Remap tomorrow (-:

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
Off to Avon tuning tomorrow afternoon for a stage 1 map with a couple of tweeks on the rolling rd.
They write their own maps and with me having an R600, intake pipe and elbow they will run it on the RR and see if they can safely get a little more out of her.

Reactions: Leevr, EvOS3, Jon Roach and 1 other person
Exciting times for you. I will defo be doing when warranty is over. Still got ages to wait :(

Reactions: GregS3
Yeah should be good, had a few friends use them and been very happy.

Funny - I’m getting the APR TCU remap tomorrow. Had the APR stage 1 map flashed a few weeks back and want to see if the TCU map improves D mode and reduce and chances of clutch slip - running the HO 98 ron map.

Unfortunately there is no RR near me so just going by driveability and I do notice a difference in response and pull.

Good luck - make sure you share the results!

Reactions: EvOS3 and Starry
Funny - I’m getting the APR TCU remap tomorrow. Had the APR stage 1 map flashed a few weeks back and want to see if the TCU map improves D mode and reduce and chances of clutch slip - running the HO 98 ron map.

Unfortunately there is no RR near me so just going by driveability and I do notice a difference in response and pull.

Good luck - make sure you share the results!
TCU map? is that the gearbox map? if it is Im sure it'll be good as i know after APR mapped my stage 2+ 8p that they know their stuff.

you will love it mate, if they write there own then it be a custom map rather than a stage map. difference is awesome mate i love mine. you in manual or dsg?

:thumbs up:
you will love it mate, if they write there own then it be a custom map rather than a stage map. difference is awesome mate i love mine. you in manual or dsg?
I’m here now waiting, nice set up, seating erea with tv, free stocked fridge, coffee all good I’m manual so I’ll will be purchasing a Sachs clutch soon I think.. :thumbs up:

:thumbs up:
I’m here now waiting, nice set up, seating erea with tv, free stocked fridge, coffee all good I’m manual so I’ll will be purchasing a Sachs clutch soon I think.. :thumbs up:

you got the same mods i got on mine i, recon they will get 380 at least on the remap, manuals seem to throw more power down from what i have seen. yea mate get lookin for a clutch buddy lol. mines booked in for 2weeks time lol.

you got the same mods i got on mine i, recon they will get 380 at least on the remap, manuals seem to throw more power down from what i have seen. yea mate get lookin for a clutch buddy lol. mines booked in for 2weeks time lol.
They said they will dial down the torque a bit and once the clutch is uprated they will turn it back up.

Last edited:
Only made 291bhp before the map and made 350bhp after. Little disappointed with the numbers but the car drives really well, pulls so much stronger now.
b74220c2b15901146a43ade2624cef74.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Martinbanshee, CharlieSAudi, lucaslfc and 2 others
Don’t chase numbers! If you’re happy with how it feels, that’s all that matters.

Think I need to get mine booked in somewhere soon for an APR Stage 1 (Low Torque)...

Reactions: lucaslfc
Only made 291bhp before the map and made 350bhp after. Little disappointed with the numbers but the car drives really well, pulls so much stronger now.
b74220c2b15901146a43ade2624cef74.jpg
350 is sound lad! Don't be disappointed with that mate. Can tell difference straight away eh ;) pulls like a train lol

Reactions: NevMan
I just had a figure in my head, that said I've had cars that have made great numbers and not felt that quick so I am happy. The car drives really well, it was a bit greasy on the drive home but in 1st and 2nd the car moves about a bit now under power and you can feel all 4 wheels looking for grip. They spent 4 hours on it so can't ask any more really.
Hopefully the graph is now the right way up (-:
6bafaf06ec9324f522b78d8a7d6ddad9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Martinbanshee, MikeParkin and 2 others
Spoken to Avon tuning this week and told them Im in the process of bedding in my Sachs clutch and as they mapped it with the chocolate oem clutch in mind, would they look to turn up the power/torque now. They said that would be no problem at all and to get it booked in when the clutch is ready. Also said they would do it free of charge.

Reactions: NevMan, Martinbanshee, Gazwould and 2 others
Spoken to Avon tuning this week and told them Im in the process of bedding in my Sachs clutch and as they mapped it with the chocolate oem clutch in mind, would they look to turn up the power/torque now. They said that would be no problem at all and to get it booked in when the clutch is ready. Also said they would do it free of charge.

safe to say mine is all bedded in now after 700miles on it. maaaan its mean as feck also got the tuners to put me 395bhp map back on now with higher torque :)

Reactions: Starry and NevMan
Went back to Avon tuning today and had the map played around with, managed to get to 360bhp and 364ft-lbs torque.
Not had chance to try it properly as it was a traffic nightmare on the way home. The guy said the intake temps were the deciding factor on how far it could go.

Reactions: lucaslfc and TYb
Went back to Avon tuning today and had the map played around with, managed to get to 360bhp and 364ft-lbs torque.
Not had chance to try it properly as it was a traffic nightmare on the way home. The guy said the intake temps were the deciding factor on how far it could go.

worn the clutch in now? took me mate in mine he got new focus rs, he was blown away by it haha.

worn the clutch in now? took me mate in mine he got new focus rs, he was blown away by it haha.
Yeah, clutch has 650 miles on it now so alls good on that front. Ive not had chance to boot mine yet, i saw 3 speed vans today within an hour. That and the traffic in Bristol, I'm struggling to have any fun...lol. Yours must be rapid with you numbers...

Yeah, clutch has 650 miles on it now so alls good on that front. Ive not had chance to boot mine yet, i saw 3 speed vans today within an hour. That and the traffic in Bristol, I'm struggling to have any fun...lol. Yours must be rapid with you numbers...
Good old Brizzle

Reactions: Starry