Remap stage 2+ rs4 valve not happy !

Keane

Reaction score
Travelled almost a 300 mile round trip today to have my s3 mapped stage 2+ with rs4 fuel pressure valve. After niki going through safety checks Ect she was ready to start the mapping session. He quickly realised that it wasn't giving the requested fuel pressure he was asking with the rs4 valve. Turns out I've been supplied a standard replacement fuel pressure valve by lvs racing instead of the rs4 upgrade !! So after travelling 300 miles and £350 later I have to get another valve which lvs are sending me free of charge, I then have to get that fitted and do the same 300mile trip at a cost of £350 to get the full benefit/ safety from my stage 2+map. Spent over £600 with lvs racing on my intake and autotech internals with an "rs4" valve and feel well pi**ed I have to pay for fitting and the cost of petrol and another map after them /there supplier sending the wrong valve!! Rant over.

LVS seem reasonable, maybe give them a call & advise you're out of pocket, would they do anything for goodwill.

Reactions: Keane
oh no what a mission! did he map it anyway?

i haven't heard anything bad about LVS.. as said express your upset and wasted your time and ask for some fuel money for the trip back?

Reactions: Keane
I hoping they sort something out for me (cover fitting costs or something at least). Niki mapped it with the mods I had less the valve and she made 360bhp 363ft*lb. niki really is a top guy and spend a lot of time checking everything Ect ! I'm going back to rtech soon once the correct ones been fitted :) niki said he will look after me when I go back :) (not even his proplem) but he's still sorting me out ! can't praise him enough for his work, he really is a top bloke !! Thanks niki and team @ rtech for another great experience :) :) !

Reactions: Hookmonster
I hoping they sort something out for me (cover fitting costs or something at least). Niki mapped it with the mods I had less the valve and she made 360bhp 363ft*lb. niki really is a top guy and spend a lot of time checking everything Ect ! I'm going back to rtech soon once the correct ones been fitted :) niki said he will look after me when I go back :) (not even his proplem) but he's still sorting me out ! can't praise him enough for his work, he really is a top bloke !! Thanks niki and team @ rtech for another great experience :) :) !

Do you need the RS4 valve for stage 2 plus?

I would deffo give the company in question an opportunity to fix things before all hell breaking loose...they deserve that imho. And that generic advice applies to all complaints I make whether it's buying car parts or food in a restaurant. We are all human.

Reactions: S3Alex
I would deffo give the company in question an opportunity to fix things before all hell breaking loose...they deserve that imho. And that generic advice applies to all complaints I make whether it's buying car parts or food in a restaurant. We are all human.

Very sensible advice.

I've had a few things not go as planned over the years,and always found it better to sort things out directly with whoever is involved,especially when it comes down to two parts that look identical.

On the subject of the RS4 valve.....it's not essential,and never caused any problems not having it on mine at Stg2+,but it can be an issue in some cases,so yes,it is worthwhile.

Reactions: Allman45, Sayam and Keane
I never had the RS4 Valve on my APR Stage 2+ Map, I don't think it will make much difference tbh unless you go past Stage 2+ then you will need an upgraded FPV for sure.

I never had the RS4 Valve on my APR Stage 2+ Map, I don't think it will make much difference tbh unless you go past Stage 2+ then you will need an upgraded FPV for sure.
Same here - I think it depends on the map.

Pat from lvs racing has contacted me saying he's sent the rs4 valve out to me today first class and put a cheque in there to cover a tank of fuel. Well please with this and means a lot. Defiantly restored the positive attitude I had for the company and I will be giving them more of my business again soon :)

Reactions: Hookmonster, S3 OKR, s3_trev and 6 others
I would like to stress how sorry I am/was for the mix up.. Somehow the item got picked wrong, both Myself and Andy have based LVSR on a great little business but even more so on our customer service.. This is the first time this has happened, hence why I offered Keane a donation toward his bill..

Cant promise this wont happen again (We are all human at the end of the day) BUT I`ll try my best to avoid this issue in the future..

Regards

Pat

Reactions: Hookmonster, S3 OKR, Av4nt and 14 others
I would like to stress how sorry I am/was for the mix up.. Somehow the item got picked wrong, both Myself and Andy have based LVSR on a great little business but even more so on our customer service.. This is the first time this has happened, hence why I offered Keane a donation toward his bill..

Cant promise this wont happen again (We are all human at the end of the day) BUT I`ll try my best to avoid this issue in the future..

Regards

Pat

Pat,
I've not had the pleasure of doing business with you,but you're a good guy,and a credit to the forum.

Your business deserves to flourish.

Reactions: Hookmonster, Jake 61, Allman45 and 3 others

Regards

Pat

A true credit to the forum! I wish more suppliers treated their customers like LVS do! I only dealt with you guys on one occasion, but this is sure to change as your product line increases or my needs change :)

Reactions: LVS Racing, Mario8P and S3Alex
Now you all know why I prefer my approach when things go wrong...everyone's happy and no one had to get mad :)

Reactions: Allman45, LVS Racing and S3Alex
Fantastic customer service, well done LVS!

On a different note, why is it that some tuners insist on the RS4 valve but others don't?

Fantastic customer service, well done LVS!

On a different note, why is it that some tuners insist on the RS4 valve but others don't?

I think it comes down to fuelling requests.

Some don't make the demands on fuelling that others do...if you run a higher HPFP rail presure,then the injectors will provide more fuel etc.

Within reason,if you raise the rail pressure by 10%,then maximum flow will rise by a similar amount,assuming the software,ECU,and hardware will all permit it.

Reactions: Mario8P
Great customer service from LVS. its good to see this in this day and age. Not many companies would have done this. Pat, both yourself and Andy are a credit to this forum. :) x

@LVS Racing

Reactions: Jake 61, s3_trev and S3Alex
360 bhp is a good result mate, you should be well happy with that!!

Im on the Revo Stage 2+ map myself and did find the RS4 valve smoothed out the entire rev range for me so I guess for some cars it does indeed make a difference.

And nice one Pat!

Reactions: Allman45 and Sandra
360 bhp seems to be on the money for Revo, APR claim more but each dyno will be different too.

The RS4 valve is NOT required, BUT the O.E item is prone to fail..

First thing we do now is check the pressure in the rail, if its around 125-130 then were happy, anything less and its either the Valve bleeding off (Faulty) OR the pumps weak and cant deliver the fuel.. :)

Hope this clears it up

Pat

360 bhp is a good result mate, you should be well happy with that!!

Im on the Revo Stage 2+ map myself and did find the RS4 valve smoothed out the entire rev range for me so I guess for some cars it does indeed make a difference.

And nice one Pat!

What figures did you make mate?

What figures did you make mate?
I wish I knew!! I dont have a local rolling road so have yet been unable to get my figures! Some threads posted recently have left me a bit worried, as some of the revo stage2+ guys are getting closer to the lower end (330bhp) rather than 360 odd. A lot of these guys are saying they then switched to APR and their results shot up!

So to answer your question no idea lol. The car does seem to drive well though and is plenty "fast" so I guess thats good.

I wouldn't worry too much about what various maps produce.

The average result for Revo Stg2+ was always around 360bhp,and mine was right on that.
If people are getting significantly less,there may be other reasons.

APR do seem to have worked a bit more on the 8P maps recently and are getting closer to 380bhp on average,which really is about the ragged edge of the K04.

For those looking for more,the best way forward is either going to be an APR Stg3 kit,or the TTE420 rather than flogging the poor old K04 to death.

Reactions: s3_trev and Allman45
I wish I knew!! I dont have a local rolling road so have yet been unable to get my figures! Some threads posted recently have left me a bit worried, as some of the revo stage2+ guys are getting closer to the lower end (330bhp) rather than 360 odd. A lot of these guys are saying they then switched to APR and their results shot up!

So to answer your question no idea lol. The car does seem to drive well though and is plenty "fast" so I guess thats good.

Numbers don't matter if it's fast enough mate lol

Reactions: s3_trev and S3Alex
Loads of people ask what power my Golf GTI (K04) is, never had it on the rollers if I`m honest.. (Its quick enough for me.

I run some safe settings and I know on track it will be consistent rather than been run flat out and run the risk of damage :)

Loads of people ask what power my Golf GTI (K04) is, never had it on the rollers if I`m honest.. (Its quick enough for me.

I run some safe settings and I know on track it will be consistent rather than been run flat out and run the risk of damage :)
That's really sensible advice.

Mine has visited the rollers a few times but almost always for setup work with a couple of exceptions.

The car rarely gets on well with rollers but I think a lot of that was down to mapping and fuelling issues both of which are gone now.

Still doesn't mean it's going to every RR day though!

Reactions: LVS Racing