Remap - Remapping - WINOLS

tr7

Reaction score
Has anyone here successfully remapped their own Audi? Had a search but couldnt see much in the B7 section.

I'm able to successfully read and write maps to the ECU but having no success in identifying the maps (of which their are many) from the files as there's no legends/descriptions

Anyone here successfully done it themselves? I have a range or maps pulled from cars I have driven and would like to try the best of them and refine them in my own car.

Also is WINOLS the best software for editing?

What you are trying to attempt my friend is not easy, time consuming, and dangerous! I have personally looked into it and even tried a few maps learning the hard way that this can f#$kup your car.
Always save your original map, make a 100 copies of it and email it to everyone in your contact list, YOU WILL NEED IT!
The easiest way is to open your original map on one computer and the remap on another and start comparing bit by bit, im not sure if there is a way to clone the remap, but as an IT guy technically there should be.

Always use a remap of the same make and model, I once tried to copy a GTI map... Don't just don't.
If you get to the point you actually understand what you're doing, you will make a lot of money!!

Google and YouTube are your best friends if you decide to go that route.

It would be nice if you can share with us the remaps you think are the best and lets compare them with the ones we have. I can also share with you a few remaps.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sidrick and Pie-eyedpiper
I have not remapped my car myself but WINOLS is probably the right software to use along with ECM Titanium. Make sure the cable you get is capable of reading a MED9 ECU.

Depending on what map you're trying to read a lot of tuning companies lock the ECU or the map so that other tuners can't read it or copy the tune. Not all but the website bought ones are more known for this.

I have multiple maps I’ve saved from multiple cars, some of which have been remapped to varying degree.

They’re all from 2.0 170’s. So I’d just like to identify which map(s) inside the file that are drivers wish etc. There is nothing available online I can see to identify them.

Too many to know for sure and takes too long to modify a map, Save, write to Ecu and test drive to do it by trial and error.

Can successfully read and write to the car so box and cable aren’t an issue.

It’s the identify on the computer which are the crucial maps to edit that is the issue.

You’re missing the point. I already have 4 maps. 3 of which have been remapped/tuned.

I want to compare them in the software and use them to make my own.