Remap or not remap....

KMC23W

2013 A6 C7 3.0TDi Sline Black Edition
Reaction score
People,
forgive me but I really didn't know how to do a search on these queries but I am pretty sure they have cropped up before so at the risk of etc etc....
a) The 242bhp V6 Tdi engine....does it develop 500Nm or 580Nm? Wikipedia says 580 for the UK version but I am not sure they aren't getting confused with the later 268bhp engine,
b) Has anyone used the Bluefin remap to up to 287bhp and 642Nm (722Nm)?
c) Any thoughts on the limitations of the S Tronic to handle it? I had read somewhere that they fitted the Tiptronic to the BiTdi because the S Tronic was at risk with the added power/torque (313bhp and 650Nm). Just wondered what the threshold was.
Bests
K

Thanks Gaz but not sure what to make of that...strength is relative n'cest pas...so yep sure there are lots of tougher boxes and indeed weaker boxes....but what was the power/torque threshold that made them pick the Tiptronic over the S-tronic for the BiTdi...can't imagine you would prefer a torque converter auto (even 8 speed) over a DSG...?????

Here's my 241bhp 3.0 TDI

Safe limit for the S Tronic is apporx 600Nm which is pretty much bang on what my car is running (436lbs ft torque). The 241bhp produce 500Nm from the factory. The 580Nm refers to the later 272bhp engines

I've been running a map on mine since I took ownership just over 3 years / 40,000 miles ago (car has now done 113,500). I've had no issues with the box (had it serviced last year) but have had one injector go (at 100K) and replaced both rocket cover gaskets, injectors seals and boots and turbo intake pipe last year. Since doing that work the car has performed flawlessly and I put the issues down to the high mileage of the engine.

Reactions: James.c and KMC23W
Thanks Rhyso, wondered where the 580 came from. OK so you are at about 592Nm.
Thats a bit of a ****** because the conversion I am looking at (Bluefin) pushes it to 642Nm, I would rather not risk it then.
Shame really I remember having the same issue with a 2006 A4 140bhp CR engine using a Bluefin it took it to 177bhp and nearly 400Nm. I did the conversion, completely changed the car, but I was constantly niggled by whether the multi-tronic could handle it because back then the 170bhp engine had a different box, might have been an S-tronic actually. Anyway, again thanks for the info ace...nice one:redrs4:

Hmmm...interesting...seems that the 245PS (242bhp) engine did come in both 500 and 580Nm...you are correct the 272PS engine in the C7.5 does produce the same 580Nm torque but I am trying to find out how/where/what determines whether my C7 does or does not have a 500 or 580Nm engine ..(take a look at the ABT site they offer upgrades for both torque figures for the C7....the plot thickens...

OK according to Wiki the 580Nm engine replace the 500Nm engine in the UK in 2012....need some other corroboration...but...hmmmmm

Last edited: