Remap options

ohmyaudi

Reaction score
Okay so my car is now out of its warranty period, and I've had it about a year, I think it's time to take the plunge and spice things up with a remap!

S3 PFL (auto) based in west London. Any suggestions??

Looking for a stage 1 remap with crackle map (want some extra noise!)

I think but may be chatting bubbles that Bobby Singh is down that end of the country. Got a major thread on here thats well worth a read

Seconded for Bobby Singh, he'll be doing ours soon as well...mention Amar teamSPB and he'll look after you ;)

I got a quote from APR but to get the crackle map I need stage 2 and it'll cost a fair amount. Anyone know who else can do the crackle map mapped into dynamic mode with a stage 1?

I have quite a few friends with VAG cars and they all swear by MRC in Banbury for power mods. Have a look at their work.

Reactions: ohmyaudi
I got a quote from APR but to get the crackle map I need stage 2 and it'll cost a fair amount. Anyone know who else can do the crackle map mapped into dynamic mode with a stage 1?

Spoken to Bobby? Im sure he can

Sorry to hijack the thread but I've been considering a remap for our A3 2.0 TDI S-LINE 150ps. It's a PFL 8v 2013. Would only be looking at stage 1.

Just wondering if it's really worth it or not. I've seen some quotes saying that 195 - 200 Bhp is achievable. Are there any downsides etc?

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
Sorry to hijack the thread but I've been considering a remap for our A3 2.0 TDI S-LINE 150ps. It's a PFL 8v 2013. Would only be looking at stage 1.

Just wondering if it's really worth it or not. I've seen some quotes saying that 195 - 200 Bhp is achievable. Are there any downsides etc?

Can't help but I'm woundering the same.

I on the same boat I have a 2014 tdi 184 and wondering how safe is a stage 1 remap in terms of durability and safety of the mechanical components

Got a quote back from a company who can do stage 1 and add pops and bangs as well but they're saying I need a sports cat or decat otherwise the pops and bangs map will shred the stock cat. Is this true? The facelift S3 has a few pops and bangs as standard so surely it's not that bad.

I thought the guys at Unicorn Motors were doing those types of maps with stock exhausts on Golf R's so same would apply for s3 I suppose and as you say the facelift has them..

Id just try contacting another company and see what they say about it.

I’ve had my Revo stage 1 on my 150 tdi since last June. It’s the best thing I’ve done. BHP is up to around 190 and the torque is around 310 up from 250. You def feel the torque increase. Even on the motorway when in 6th. You don’t need to down shift to 5th etc to over take as the power is there. Revo even states that a 150 with a stage 1 map performs better then a stock 184 8v. Fuel economy is still just as good. 60MPG for decent motorway runs. I got 580 from a full tank last week. Def get it done.

Reactions: Scotty75
I’ve had my Revo stage 1 on my 150 tdi since last June. It’s the best thing I’ve done. BHP is up to around 190 and the torque is around 310 up from 250. You def feel the torque increase. Even on the motorway when in 6th. You don’t need to down shift to 5th etc to over take as the power is there. Revo even states that a 150 with a stage 1 map performs better then a stock 184 8v. Fuel economy is still just as good. 60MPG for decent motorway runs. I got 580 from a full tank last week. Def get it done.

Nice write up.

Any issues with the clutch?

Nice write up.

Any issues with the clutch?

At the moment the clutch is fine. I’ve been told that a decent map will be within the tolerance of what the car can handle so to speak. I’d def go with a decent company though.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go for a remap ? I'm based near Portsmouth.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go for a remap ? I'm based near Portsmouth.

Revo site will tell you the nearest Revo garage to you.

Reactions: Scotty75
Black Friday deal at SA tuning. Anyone had experience with them?