Remap options for Audi A6 C7 313ps BiTDi

DarkShadow

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was looking for some feedback/reviews on remapping my BiTDi.

1. What did you get and how was your experience?
2. Did you a notice a significant increase in mpg/performance?
3. How much of a difference does a custom map vs generic box aimed at the BiTDi compare?

Would love to hear any further thoughts. Thanks :)

Reactions: Buxton2901
I would also like to hear peoples feedback/opinions on this

:icon thumright:

Hey guys,

I was looking for some feedback/reviews on remapping my BiTDi.

1. What did you get and how was your experience?
2. Did you a notice a significant increase in mpg/performance?
3. How much of a difference does a custom map vs generic box aimed at the BiTDi compare?

Would love to hear any further thoughts. Thanks :)

I can't voice on BiTDi remap but surely can answer your Q's

3. Personally I believe custom maps will always be better than generic box as custom map is done on your car whereas box is generic. I am sure BiTDi with custom remap will easily run above 400hp without any issues.
2. I do lot of motorway miles due to work so mpg is more or less the same but performance is like day and night.
1. I went with custom remap by @bobby singh. Reason being I have been following his work since MKIV day's over a decade ago. He knows what he is doing and best part is there is no smoke like most tuners in diesel community.

Running a TDi tuning, triple channel tuning box, modest increase in power and a bit of an improvement in mpg.
Been on the lastly couple of years, but off for servicing .

Generally it runs fine but the top setting is too aggressive and over fuels the engine so increases the re gen interval, The medium setting is the sweet spot.

Drivability has increased and smoothed out power delivery nicely. It’s an easy way to tune if you don’t want to go down the full re map route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audidi and Buxton2901
If you ever are in The Netherlands, go to JD engineering :) stage3 450hp/928nm! Have a dozen clients driving flawlessly with that tune. Almost insane how a Bit can handle that kind of power.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

If you ever are in The Netherlands, go to JD engineering :) stage3 450hp/928nm! Have a dozen clients driving flawlessly with that tune. Almost insane how a Bit can handle that kind of power.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Not this again -
Lets just put this out there - dpf delete, intercooler, 2.3k bar rail, 2.8bar boost, 960deg made 412hp
So we already know @ 412hp the egt's are 960deg (which is way too hot already) now explain to me how you get 450hp?

Cheers
Bobby

Not this again -
Lets just put this out there - dpf delete, intercooler, 2.3k bar rail, 2.8bar boost, 960deg made 412hp
So we already know @ 412hp the egt's are 960deg (which is way too hot already) now explain to me how you get 450hp?

Cheers
Bobby
New intercooler and RS air intake. There are around 3 tuner in Holland that can do this tune.

You should really visit them. Many dutch, germans, french and belgiums go to them for different tunes. They are vag tuners, don't do other brands

2a8c2c5317da129df8fbfc96eef54213.jpg

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: The Black Panther
A dyno chart can be shown to do anything you want - that's not a explanation.
Have you ever thought that others are just reporting it can be done because they don't want to lose customers to JD?

I've given you some real figures above - if you know anything about tuning explain to me how you can lower egt's so you can continue pumping in the fuel to make 450hp.

Reactions: Buxton2901
A dyno chart can be shown to do anything you want - that's not a explanation.
Have you ever thought that others are just reporting it can be done because they don't want to lose customers to JD?

I've given you some real figures above - if you know anything about tuning explain to me how you can lower egt's so you can continue pumping in the fuel to make 450hp.
Sent me a PM if you like.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

They use a massive Wagner intercooler. I will ask some clients of mine if they have some pictures of the hardware.

I don't know on the software side how they tuned it. What i know is that it took a year to develop stage3.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

I know the intercooler - in fact they used a picture from my build thread for their package.
Anyway - if you can't explain then this is pointless to continue.

Thanks

Reactions: RJ-8V
Running a TDi tuning, triple channel tuning box, modest increase in power and a bit of an improvement in mpg.

Generally it runs fine but the top setting is too aggressive and over fuels the engine so increases the re gen interval, The medium setting is the sweet spot.

Drivability has increased and smoothed out power delivery nicely. It’s an easy way to tune if you don’t want to go down the full re map route

Had one ....it's for sale actually on my bi turbo . It pulled equal if not better than the S4 I have now .And I achieved 65 +mpg on a 300 mile . Trip . As mention ed on the highest setting it was aggressive. But fun

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Had one ....it's for sale actually on my bi turbo . It pulled equal if not better than the S4 I have now .And I achieved 65 +mpg on a 300 mile . Trip . As mention ed on the highest setting it was aggressive. But fun

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yup the pull from the bitdi is awesome
The S4 felt so much slower it actually disappointed me massively

Mr Audi / The Black Panther (?)
No BiTDI for me - I'm happy with mine
Fancy a trip to santa pod? Im planning on going soonish if you fancy it ;)

Reactions: Tendaimwari and Buxton2901
I'm new to the forum and have a question for The Black Panther.

I've just treated my BITDI A7 to a Stage 1 remap (plus gearbox) giving 370hp with 840nm torque. I'm reasonably happy with the performance apart from the inevitable turbo lag/gearbox delay. You mentioned in another post that you drive via paddles to obtain peak performance, would you mind elaborating? Do you keep within the power band, so in my case I'd change gear around 2,300rpm?

I've attached a pic from the dyno FYI.

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,480
Hi, I have an 2016 a6 BiTdi and was wondering about a stage 1 remap.
Would i have to carry out any modifications mechanically? Also is it safe regarding putting extra stress on the engine internals and transmission?
Also what sort of difference's would I experience, tow a caravan too so opinion on that too please.
Many thanks

Sounds great.

Just throwing this one into the mix as it hasn’t been mentioned.

#truetune

https://satuning.co.uk/product/truetuneproduct/

They claim to be better than tuning boxes as it’s a custom tune to maximise gains from a stock Bitdi.
Cost is similar.

interesting explanation here vs tuning boxes.

Reactions: JSR913
Just throwing this one into the mix as it hasn’t been mentioned.

#truetune

https://satuning.co.uk/product/truetuneproduct/

They claim to be better than tuning boxes as it’s a custom tune to maximise gains from a stock Bitdi.
Cost is similar.

interesting explanation here vs tuning boxes.

I have done this and can verify that it transforms the car , any lag has disappeared and the willingness to move urgently is vastly improved. Overtaking takes on a different dimension at any speed the 60 to ahem 90 takes place in the blinking of the eye. The economy over long distances has improved by a couple of mpg but given a bit of effort it’s not difficult to get it down to the mid teens accompanied with a big grin!

Reactions: Audidi