Remap on 170 Diesel - is it worth it?

1. Oil pump drive .
2. New gearbox oil.

3. Remap .

I did change the gearbox oil in December from Audi Coulsdon and improved the situation greatly but by Feb this year gear 1 and 2 would not engage until warm. Temperatures are up now so not an issue but bought thinner oil will keep till winter.

Will definitely look into the Oil Pump drive thanks

And I am convinced now about the Remap, not sure if it should be both egr and dpf delete or one or the other.

Nah, celtic tuning I used, doesn't get the best of reviews as there claimed power figures maybe a little over the top, must be a few up that way, there's a few mentioned on here, Revo, Blufin, Shark, just google them, should be able to find one close....

I have got Celtic tuning in South Croydon just 4 miles from so happy days. Will now go for a quote and take it from there.

Definitely get the egr out for reasons earlier posted , dpf is a restriction and currently just a mot visual .

Near future dpf mot test legislation is the big ?

Reactions: buok
Definitely get the egr out for reasons earlier posted , dpf is a restriction and currently just a mot visual .

Near future dpf mot test legislation is the big ?

I have managed to look into the oil pump drive and it makes for depressing reading.
I believe my car details are BRD 2.0 tdi 170 hp A4 2008 S - line limited edition (not sure if B7 or B8) and currently on 115000 miles
What I would like to know is if balance shaft is chain driven or gear driven.

As this now seems to be a bigger issue I was totally not aware of and if it somehow explains why my lower gears don't engage when cold,
then I might need to deal with this first then remap after.

I also got a quote from Celtic Tuning which I have attached below. Advice if you can is all seems OK

The Audi A4 (B8) 2008-2014 takes the power from 170bhp up to 227bhp and the torque from 258lb/ft up to 311lb/ft. This stage of software is designed as a software upgrade only meaning it is all within safe tolerances of the engine and drivetrain and requires no hardware modifications. With our diesel upgrades you can expect to see upwards of 10% fuel saving dependent on driving style. For testimonials of our work please follow the link: View Testimonials.

We provide all stages of tune from economy right through to full custom setup so if you have specific requirements please just ask. Regarding the economy map, we base this on low end torque and not peak values across the whole rev range. The idea around this is to enable you to get out of the lower gears quicker and to stay in the higher gears for longer. This software is designed for people who can�t get the economy gains with the fast road software installed due to their driving style. On many applications we also cater for larger turbos and injector upgrades, so if you are looking for ultimate performance then we have the knowledge and ability to do just that.

To provide added peace of mind for customers with vehicles still under warranty, we provide a FREE 12 month's insurance backed supplementary warranty: Download Warranty Information. Full terms and conditions apply, please see website for details.

The cost of the remap is £295.00 all-inclusive for which we travel to your location whether it is home or work place. This comes with a 14 day money back guarantee which gives you plenty of time to ensure it is exactly what you are after.

Thanks

Celtic are well know for there dyno being well over the top. (reading high)

I did my Passat with Celtic they say my 1.9tdi went from 130bhp to 184bhp stage one!!
No way. They recon they would take my A3 from 170bhp to 225bhp stage one, everyone else said between 200bhp to 210bhp stage one.
I also found Celtic remaps to be aggressive in response to power etc.

In the end for my A3 I used REVO, went from 170bhp to 205bhp stage one.
Cost a bit more, but I'm delighted.

I don't think Celtic are not that bad, if you use them, take about 15bhp/25bhp off at the end result.
What will happen, you take your car in as standard, like I did with my Passat, they will do a run.
Then say, oh look your 130bhp is lively, its 155bhp.

Do the remap and it comes out at 184bhp, never is, just there dyno was always high to start with!!

I have managed to look into the oil pump drive and it makes for depressing reading.
I believe my car details are BRD 2.0 tdi 170 hp A4 2008 S - line limited edition (not sure if B7 or B8) and currently on 115000 miles
What I would like to know is if balance shaft is chain driven or gear driven.

As this now seems to be a bigger issue I was totally not aware of and if it somehow explains why my lower gears don't engage when cold,
then I might need to deal with this first then remap after.

BRD is gear driven and has nothing to do with your poor cold gear changes , what gearbox oil did Coulsdon put in
G 052......?

BRD is gear driven and has nothing to do with your poor cold gear changes , what gearbox oil did Coulsdon put in
G 052......?

G 052 532 A2 Audi Coulsdon

And I bought from Darkside Developments.co.uk G 052 171 A2 after reading so forums which advised that this was a thinner oil. Still have this oil
at home not yet in the car.

Well if a 70W75 doesn't cure it from a 75W90 !

It is a 75W90 But it is still gives you stiff gears from cold so now more convinced than ever that I am going to put in my car
the G 052 171 A2 which is lighter weight. Will do so on saturday

How much per Litre was the 171 ?

£17.50 and bought 5 bottles just to be safe so cost me a bit. Saw a few websites selling equivalents for say £11 but preferred to spend
a bit more from a site I could trust.

Hello everyone.
I have audi a3 2tdi only 138BHP. So im thinking to do remap stage 1. But not sure do i need remove dpf and egr. Could anyone recommend or maybe someone have removed both and had some issues? And what about turbos from remap? will survive or do i need have spare money on the side.