Remap On 100,000 Miles?

Fletch93

Reaction score
So i have my 2.0T sitting there and its begging for a remap. My worry is that it has done +100,000 miles and everything is stock (for now;)), as far as i can tell from the history the only thing that has been changed is the timing belt (ive had the car about 6 months now). Will the clutch stand up to the added power? Im also wondering who to go for sorry for asking this as its been asked to death, I am thinking of going for Celtic Tuning since im thinking of putting my car into A for audi in glasgow to help me out with my haldex issue.
Any and all help is more than welcome, Thank you audi people.:kissmyrings:

oh and one more thing, Celtic Tuning company claim to get an increase of 64 ponies, this seems to be quite a bit higher than your avergae remap, should i be concerned.

Blacksmoke remaps, done mine myself with an MPPS V13 cable. Im on 103k, cars been standard its whole life, its holding the new torque fine.

You shouldn't have any issues at remapping a 100k Audi. Just make sure the usual servicing/maintenance is done regularly and enjoy.

A remap will just highlight weaknesses. A well serviced engine, well looked after, 100k is balls all.

I had mine mapped at 110k and then done again after mods and it's fine, where abouts are you and are you willing to travel to have the mapping done?

Get the map, put your foot down in second... You'll soon know if you need to replace the clutch

Reactions: RS3dan
I have also been asking my self the same question...
2.0tdi on 103k everything stock apart from a new battery, air filter(stock), throttle body, as far as i can tell it has had the timing belt done around 78k not that it matters...

Issues: sometimes the glow plug light doesn't go off and constantly flashes until i turn ignition off and try again ( still doesn't go away)
only has happened around 3 times in 8 months, anyone know what this is?

Also when i start the car it sometimes feels like only 2 cylinders start and then the other two as revs jump from around 450 to 900.. also a weird one :(

havent been able to find any answers? Do people think it would still be ok to go for a map and then see what breaks?
Thanks

Had mine remapped on nearly 120k, TDI though but as said if all the service boxes are ticked you shouldn't have problems. Clutch could give up at anytime really even on low mileage so make sure you budget for a new one (at 100k if original it's done well!)

shadow1993, you need to get your car scanned for faults, you likely have injector/loom problems and I would like to think that you wouldn't find anybody to remap your car before your issues are sorted out

Reactions: shadow1993
Issues: sometimes the glow plug light doesn't go off and constantly flashes until i turn ignition off and try again ( still doesn't go away)
only has happened around 3 times in 8 months, anyone know what this is?

Also when i start the car it sometimes feels like only 2 cylinders start and then the other two as revs jump from around 450 to 900.. also a weird one :(

havent been able to find any answers? Do people think it would still be ok to go for a map and then see what breaks?
Thanks

Umm, maybe the glow plugs are on their way out? ;)

Sounds like they're struggling to warm the cylinders up, so the second two only start once the others have done most of the work for them. Either that or your battery is on the way out.

Glow plugs are cheap, whack a new set in and see what happens :)

Umm, maybe the glow plugs are on their way out? ;)

Sounds like they're struggling to warm the cylinders up, so the second two only start once the others have done most of the work for them. Either that or your battery is on the way out.

Glow plugs are cheap, whack a new set in and see what happens :)

Thanks for the advice, makes sense. (About the glow plugs)
I thought it could be the battery too so i bought exact same one, Bosch S4 battery and nothing changed. (another reason for battery swap was because the clock kept on resetting to 0:00 on nearly every ignition) so if auto lights are left on and u try to start the car dash will be dark for a sec and then clock will restart....

Which ones do i get?
NKG ones at £30 for all 4 on ebay?

Or go for bosch at £12 a pop from Euro car parts?
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...5bcbb5475ee6e9df5b039c6716dd78817adf82&000164

@shadow1993

The coil light doubles up as the engine management light... It may have nothing to do with the glow plugs ;)

By all means change them and it may fix your problem, for the sake of £30-£40 I changed mine when I got it anyway

But I still think you'd be better off getting a scan done and it'll tell you what's wrong rather than guessing - or at least point you in a direction

My money's on the injector & glow plug wiring loom (it's all in one) and is known to fail - you could also check the connection plug for corroded terminals before spending any dough, it's the big round one on the top right of the engine as you look from the front of the car

Oh and just to add - the glow plugs don't actually work unless the engine coolant temperature is less than 9deg C even though the light stays lit for a few seconds looking like they are working

Also allow yourself an hour to change the glow plugs, they are under the rocker cover and require some patience :)

@shadow1993

The coil light doubles up as the engine management light... It may have nothing to do with the glow plugs ;)

By all means change them and it may fix your problem, for the sake of £30-£40 I changed mine when I got it anyway

But I still think you'd be better off getting a scan done and it'll tell you what's wrong rather than guessing - or at least point you in a direction

My money's on the injector & glow plug wiring loom (it's all in one) and is known to fail - you could also check the connection plug for corroded terminals before spending any dough, it's the big round one on the top right of the engine as you look from the front of the car

Oh and just to add - the glow plugs don't actually work unless the engine coolant temperature is less than 9deg C even though the light stays lit for a few seconds looking like they are working

Also allow yourself an hour to change the glow plugs, they are under the rocker cover and require some patience :)

Thanks for your post. a lot of useful stuff! I will get a scan done as i know a person in an Audi garage with official kit. I'm really hoping its nothing to do with injectors are they are around £160 a pop plus you have to get them coded to your car? Had a look on the bay and a wiring loom for glow-plugs/ injectors is just under £100 so its not too bad... So thanks for the nudge in the right direction

I've no problem sparing a few hours if it means i can get my car the way it should be. I guess the wiring loom is just plug and play?

Just to add to the mystery... My temp gauge loves to dance up and down randomly sometimes car will heat from 0 to 75 then it will drop back to 50c and stay there for a while and sometimes it will go up and down when it pleases...

Had a new temp sensor, coolant and radiator hose that goes from temp& thermostat housing to the radiator as that was bulging out in places but couldn't fit a new thermostat as Euro Car parts supplied me with the wrong one and are blaming me for buying it even though i put in my reg on their website and it was the only option there...

Hopefully will get the right thermo soon and do the whole job again.. absolute pain since its an awkward place and need to spend £20 on new coolant around 4 hours of work and a new thermo.. (hopefully that will fix the temp issue)

Thanks for all the replies everyone! :)

Just had my 2011 2.0tdi remapped by Celtic, it flys now, like a different car, no issues

I had mine mapped at 110k and then done again after mods and it's fine, where abouts are you and are you willing to travel to have the mapping done?

Im in kind of falkirk/edinburgh area and i dont mind travelling about the central belt in order to get a good remap that i can trust :)
Thanks for the all the advice guys :thumbs up: