Remap issue ???

Lee.25

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could help me

Just had my Audi s3 8p remapped by amd woking stage 1 it does have ram air induction kit it is dsg and the car seemed okay at first didn't really boot it much until the other day had a little play around and seemed a bit laggy when I put my foot down when it's changing quickly or just building up when you put your foot down a bit and turbo just spooling up around 3.5k revs to 4K revs not that anyone changes at that when putting foot down but I thought considering it never done that before and now it is and also sounds like a spitting sound from the turbo through the induction kit but when you give it all the way its fine changes gear no lag what so ever when driving hard and i thought maybe I haven't driven it enough so I kept useing it every now and again it would be okay then today done exactly the same thing but I stuck in Manual and changed gear with paddles when I flatten it and change really quickly at around 4K it doesn't like it again slight lag and the sound of spitting through the induction like the turbo doesn't want to work now I'm sure it can't have ruined the car I hope not anyways I only had it done Monday when driving normally it's fine starts fine if you lightly touch the throttle and where it's mapped it's lot more responsive and it changes gear bit quicker and is fine through out turbo working fine it's only at 3.5 to 4K and Im pretty sure it's not meant to do that because it was fine before it was done I am going back to amd woking to see what it is but just wondered if any one had any ideas on here sorry if no one can understand but it's hard to kind of explain what's going on so hope some one could help thanks ????

I'd take it back and get it checked, I had a bluefin stage 1 but they sent me a manual map and that was crap, they then sent dsg map and all was good.

You shouldn't have any probs with an AMD map

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The K04 turbo does make a noise when remapped if you have a an intake installed. It generally happens between 3 and 4K revs. Above 4K the sound disappears and the car pulls like a train. You may find it also holds back slightly until you get to 4K then it is off round to the redline in the blink of an eye!

In addition, they may have added a linear throttle map. This may give the feeling of being laggy but you just need to put your foot down more. We have a TT with the standard throttle mapping. You don't have to put your foot down very much to make it accelerate well whereas my mapped S3 seems quite docile with the same amount of throttle pressing. However, a different story when my foot is in the carpet!!

The K04 turbo does make a noise when remapped if you have a an intake installed. It generally happens between 3 and 4K revs. Above 4K the sound disappears and the car pulls like a train. You may find it also holds back slightly until you get to 4K then it is off round to the redline in the blink of an eye!
kinda of new v-tech on audis? xD

I'd take it back and get it checked, I had a bluefin stage 1 but they sent me a manual map and that was ****, they then sent dsg map and all was good.

Yeah I got it checked over and the man at amd said the car was fine did get a bit laggy but was okay he just said the car still needs to get used to map And stuff like drive a good 4 to 500 miles not constant driving over s period of time so il see how it goes but he just said if it Carey's on it's being if down to them whenever

In addition, they may have added a linear throttle map. This may give the feeling of being laggy but you just need to put your foot down more. We have a TT with the standard throttle mapping. You don't have to put your foot down very much to make it accelerate well whereas my mapped S3 seems quite docile with the same amount of throttle pressing. However, a different story when my foot is in the carpet!!
Oh does it I never new that tbf but it did start to get a bit better over me driving if bit more wasn't as bad after a while and the man at amd said like 4 to 500 miles of driving through time it should get better as it's still adapting they said so il see how the car goes or something but yeah I do understand what your sayinf cause that's exactly like mine soon as you plant it it's fine just weird as I said il laws how it is its no better il take it back thanks for your help and stuff apprciate it

Thanks I'll also check if I have the dsg/manual map

I'd take it back and get it checked, I had a bluefin stage 1 but they sent me a manual map and that was ****, they then sent dsg map and all was good.