Remap done today now the clutch slips RAAAAAAAA!

Dogtown22

Reaction score
Picked her up around 4 from the place that mapped it, then took it for a drive and everything was great then the clutch starts slipping nooooooooo!!! It drives and goes into gear fine and it's fine if you come up the revs slowly but floor it and it slips. There is no vibration coming throught the peddles or stick so do you think the flywheel is ok?? Cars done 107k

I'd say the flywheel 'should' be ok at the minute, but any more hard acceleration and slipping then it will quickly ruin your flywheel. I'd take it nice and easy and stay off boost as much as possible until you can get the clutch replaced. I'd advise to get an uprated clutch if possible too, makes sense to uprate if your having to go through the hassle of replacing anyway, the remap is adding more pressure on your clutch at the end of the day.

Ok thanks az, the car is going nowhere until Monday morn when it will be taken to the garage. I've been quoted 370 for clutch, 940 if it needs a flywheel!!

Ok thanks az, the car is going nowhere until Monday morn when it will be taken to the garage. I've been quoted 370 for clutch, 940 if it needs a flywheel!!

Thats about right for supply and fit of clutch and DMF....

I had a remap at 80,000 miles, clutch slipping at 80,150 miles(!!) My mechanic stripped it down and said the flywheel looked fine, so left it (everyone said change it to be safe, but didn't have the money at the time). Hit 131,000 miles today, - so remapped for 50,000 miles, clutch fine and still on that original flywheel.

I had a remap at 80,000 miles, clutch slipping at 80,150 miles(!!) My mechanic stripped it down and said the flywheel looked fine, so left it (everyone said change it to be safe, but didn't have the money at the time). Hit 131,000 miles today, - so remapped for 50,000 miles, clutch fine and still on that original flywheel.

You've been slipping for 50,000 miles??

Mines a diesel, so not really a fair comparison I guess but just before I bought mine the seller fitted a clutch but no flywheel. That was 136k miles, now 30k miles later and it's still fine on original flywheel.

Do Gsf sell uprated clutches?? And would I need to upgrade the flywheel or replace it with a standard one or just leave it if its ok??

Can you use the vr6 clutch and g60 flywheel on 5 speed boxes?

If it's a 6 speed it's big money for an organic clutch.

Go southbend apr stock them?! Very good clutches no few people who have them and not bad price wise