Facelift Remap - anyone done it yet on facelift

evil_scooby

I know a few of us spoke about remsos and waiting on some conpanies putting them out but wondered if anyone had done it yet, who with and how thdy are getting on with it as i still fancy in and that's 5k miles on clock now

APR still not out?
Litchfield thought price went up, but still fastest ?

Would like over 500 but with many bolt ons

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

AudiNutta

Staff member

billymc92

Kyalami Green Vorsprung- Sportback
Yeah I got one from MRC in February at 1700 miles.

510bhp. Would definitely recommend it. Totally transformed the car. Didn’t make any change to the fuel economy either.

EAF5EDF8 4AC8 4CD7 A53A 148F802AAF89

cjm999

2017 RS3, Ara Blue Sportback
What's taking APR so long to release theirs to the public? They were showing videos of their test Stage 1 FL car last October!

evil_scooby

Yeah I got one from MRC in February at 1700 miles.

510bhp. Would definitely recommend it. Totally transformed the car. Didn’t make any change to the fuel economy either.

View attachment 153236
Billy, how much was it?
Did it need the replacement INTERCOOLER to get over 500?
Any reason you chose them

Do any 1/4 miles or 0-60 tests?

AudiNutta

Staff member
Billy, how much was it?

Have a look on the RS3 8V section, two of Billy’s threads are there on this! One is listed with a title about times!

Leo-RS

What's taking APR so long to release theirs to the public? They were showing videos of their test Stage 1 FL car last October!

They say the delay is down to finalising the switchable map function and locking the ECU down but that’s a lot of rubbish in my opinion as that does not take 6 months to overcome.

I suspect the delay is probably down to them testing and manufacturing Stage 2 APR parts. FMIC/Exhaust and Intake to release to the market as an overall package.

If it is then it’s yet another stupid marketing strategy by them as they’ve no doubt lost hundreds, if not thousands of sales globally from customers fed up waiting.

MRC for example are now very close to releasing their switchable map function which will take one of the main USP’s away from the APR map. Their own fault for such a shocking marketing strategy, release a teaser and then post nothing about it further for the following 6 months. Marketing and communication is one thing that really badly lets APR down.

Leo-RS

Billy, how much was it?

Yes, you need FMIC for over 500hp. Standard FMIC heatsoaks badly at around 470-480hp where any further increase in boost trips the EGT/Intake Temp retardation thresholds.

The car had an initial poor showing at the dragstrip with an 11.6 which was soon followed up by a road test on a dragy timer at 10.8 with a 0-60mph of around 3.1.

Last edited:

Phil3

...MRC for example are now very close to releasing their switchable map function...

Any further info on this... will it be controlled off a handset bought from them? Or is a visit to them still needed?

Leo-RS

Any further info on this... will it be controlled off a handset bought from them? Or is a visit to them still needed?

No, I believe it’s similar to the APR offering where it’s controlled via the CC stalk.

They’re finalising things at the moment but told it’s very close now to being released. 4 map, (Race/99/No Boost (WG DC)/Anti Theft Non Start) - Perhaps they’ll adjust the No boost map for 95 if the customer wants this.

billymc92

Kyalami Green Vorsprung- Sportback
Billy, how much was it?

Think it was about £850 for ecu map and £300 for S-tronic. If your wanting 500bhp you’ll need the intercooler and downpipe. I also fitted Eventuri carbon intake but that’s not needed.

MRC is the best in the game for VAG cars. They can get better gains that all the other companies. That was the reason I chose the 14hour round trip visit.

1/4 - 10.89 @126.34mph
0-60 - 3.09seconds

No, I believe it’s similar to the APR offering where it’s controlled via the CC stalk.

They’re finalising things at the moment but told it’s very close now to being released. 4 map, (Race/99/No Boost (WG DC)/Anti Theft Non Start) - Perhaps they’ll adjust the No boost map for 95 if the customer wants this.

Revo had that on all cars. I had on my mk7 R 4 maps

95,97,98,100 ron Since beguining maps are switchable.

I should flash mine car in two weeks with Revo stage 1 BETA

Leo-RS

Revo had that on all cars. I had on my mk7 R 4 maps

95,97,98,100 ron Since beguining maps are switchable.

I should flash mine car in two weeks with Revo stage 1 BETA

Not sure that’s strictly true? The SPS device allows the user to adjust the one map rather than selecting different maps. You would run high boost and high timing with race fuel for example so set the SPS to 9’s. However, it is all trial and error and the user without proper logging doesn’t specifically know what settings are best at any time. Lots of inexperienced users would select higher settings in the belief that higher settings = faster car. However, doesn’t always work like that where sometimes less = more. Run too much boost = too much EGT, = retardation, = slower car. Revo give this power to the end user.

MRC are working on individual maps, as are APR.

Not sure that’s strictly true? The SPS device allows the user to adjust the one map rather than selecting different maps. You would run high boost and high timing with race fuel for example so set the SPS to 9’s. However, it is all trial and error and the user without proper logging doesn’t specifically know what settings are best at any time. Lots of inexperienced users would select higher settings in the belief that higher settings = faster car. However, doesn’t always work like that where sometimes less = more. Run too much boost = too much EGT, = retardation, = slower car. Revo give this power to the end user.

MRC are working on individual maps, as are APR.

I am Revo delaer and yes its changing between different maps, on some ecu s u have stock , 3 perfromance options and antitheft option.

Only thing u need SPS device to be able to switched it. I always log all possibility and advice customer which option he can use. Its same everyever if he choose 100 ron and drives on 95 u know what can happen. Same thing if u get custom tune and they tuned car on 100 ron but u use 95 ron instead it will be problem. Client can ****** his cars in both ways. My point was revo has switchable options 10 years ago, so if u use 100 mode but u are somewhee where u have 95 with SPS u switch and prob. Same if u alwasy drive 95 but sometimes when u race u puor good fuel or ethanol mix u switch to strongest map. At any time u have max performances for your car and ideal will be using vcds to be sure u are doing right