Remap - any experience or recommendations?

Isn’t it the same Ea888 that’s in the golf gti/R and previous versions? If so should be pretty safe to tune IMO.

Sure is
Lol, obviously, I’d be devastated if that happened. But I just wondered if any hod experience with it, there’s some YouTube vids about getting them to 370hp with a stage 1.
Isn’t it the same Ea888 that’s in the golf gti/R and previous versions? If so should be pretty safe to tune IMO.

Was thinking of doing this (you will laugh) but to the 30TFSI, as I do feel it will be 'lacking' once it arrives unless someone else can tell me othewise who has a 30TFSI in DSG/MHEV trim already?

Reactions: Dburns1990
I'm looking at the DTUK tuning box for my 8Y S3, claims it takes it upto 369ps seems decent to me and can be removed easily

I'm looking at the DTUK tuning box for my 8Y S3, claims it takes it upto 369ps seems decent to me and can be removed easily
Sounds decent. I ordered my s3 only a couple of weeks ago so a little while before delivery but tempted to get the remap done quickly. Do you know if there is a bedding in period for the engine before such things should be done? I’ve only had older cars remapped before. Cheers

DTUK

If I where you I’d wait until JB4 have something ready for the S3.

It’s the best if you go down the tuning box route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB4 is piggy back ECU ?

Whereas DTUK is fooling sensors with some software that may or may not do something ?

DTUK connects to a few sensors ‘boost, manifold and cam’ it doesn’t alter fuelling its done by manipulation to increase power.

JB4 connects to sensors / lambda and to OBD port, you can log with the JB4 and actually view the log on your smartphone or email it and view as a .csv file in excel.

You also can send the logs to Burger Motorsport and they will check them over and let you know if tweaks can be made.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Dburns1990
DTUK connects to a few sensors ‘boost, manifold and cam’ it doesn’t alter fuelling its done by manipulation to increase power.

JB4 connects to sensors / lambda and to OBD port, you can log with the JB4 and actually view the log on your smartphone or email it and view as a .csv file in excel.

You also can send the logs to Burger Motorsport and they will check them over and let you know if tweaks can be made.

I’ve just been doing a bit of research, sounds decent. Can’t wait to take delivery and finally see what it’s like. My previous Audi’s have been an S6 C5 and an S4 B6, this’ll be my first Audi and I imagine, completely different it the old V8s.

I’ve made enquiries into the ABT offering. Not expecting any response till after Easter though.