Remap and exhaust options - A4 2.0t fsi avant quattro

Herbie75

Reaction score
I'm looking to get remap and s/s exhaust.

I have been quoted £800 for both from Angel tuning or £1800 from AMD. I know the quality of the milltek system AMD use is going to be higher and they use sportscat rather than cat-back so some bhp will be released, but does anyone have experience of either? The angel tuning quote is on the basis of a longlife exhaust for £500 and £300 for the remap.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be great. I'm really only after the power increase from the remap and the grin inducing noise from the exhaust rather than the 10 or so bhp the milltek would give me, but i've read a few dubious posts about longlife and would love to hear of any recent experiences...

I got a remap from Pendle Performance for £295 taking my 05 A4 2.0T quattro to 277bhp on a 4WRR.
Then added a Longlife ss exhaust from Leeds (Tony Banks) for £430, which was about 3 months ago.

I haven't heard any bad reports about Longlife before, and I can only sing their praises.

They did a fantastic job for me - fitting it flush to the underside of the car with heat resistant paint and it's made a massive difference to the way my car drives. I can now use 5th & 6th on 'A' roads.
I had a previous post with pictures - if you lok back on old threads - as I say a few months back.

I went for a 'mild sport' note - which is perfect for me. Quiet in the car - but sounds great outside the car.

Good luck.

Tim.

Thanks, I had spotted your posts before which was what made me think about longlife. I bit of searching around on the ubernet and there are quite a few comments about fit and workmanship that have put me off a bit. I'm down london way, so not your neck of the woods, otherwise I would probaby consier it more.

The milltek is coming in at £775 and Amd at £495. Both inc of VAT. Revo and Amd do seem a bit more than others for the remaps. Does anyone know why this is?

had a longlife on my rover v8,great sound and still going strong 10 years on no problems. intersting to see what firejack said about using 5th and 6th gears,I've found my car a bit the same,feels overgeared always got to change down,like a lack of bottom end torque,my b5 was never like that its one of the things I'm not happy about with the car.

just been to longlife exhausts swansea,they quoted me £449 for catback system or £350 for rear boxes only. They also do remaps by a company called viezu for £299. I could have both jobs done at the same place on the same day,this has got me very interested.

just been to longlife exhausts swansea,they quoted me £449 for catback system or £350 for rear boxes only. They also do remaps by a company called viezu for £299. I could have both jobs done at the same place on the same day,this has got me very interested.

From where do the 'longlife exhausts swansea' come? Who manufactures them?

I assume they are longlife agents,the silencers are probably ready made at a factory and the workshop then chooses the pipes and then bends ands welds them to form a system for your vehicle.