Remap again after mods?

ion2211

Reaction score
Tuning question!

I have an A4 3.0TDI which is already Stage 1 remapped (312Bhp & 660nm)

Since the Remap I've added a larger RamAir induction filter and had the 2 Back-boxes deleted.

I now want to replace the standard intercooler with a larger 'Darkside Developments' Intercooler.

Question is, would it be worth getting another Remap to make the most of these mods??
(kind of like a stage 1.5?)

I'm hesitant to go Stage 2 (which requires replacing the DPF with a Downpipe) as I don't want any smoke and the added noise

Appreciate your thoughts..

There won't be a great deal of difference really with those mods. They will all help a bit but you don't need to alter the mapping

Reactions: ion2211
There won't be a great deal of difference really with those mods. They will all help a bit but you don't need to alter the mapping

I figured as much. I think the stock turbo is “only” capable of 320bhp anyway but while upgrading the FMIC i could potentially also add a 4bar MAP sensor to get more torque.

Ideally I’d like to go from 312bhp/660nm to 320bhp/720nm~

That should be a noticeable enough improvement shouldn’t it?

Stock Mann filter is perfectly fine - I still use it @ 500hp
Flows and filters fine.

Best I seen my self from stock turbo is around 330hp 770nm
Like Karl said no need for a re tune.

Best I seen my self from stock turbo is around 330hp 770nm

330bhp/77onm sounds great! ... Would that be possible with the DPF Still intact?

Like Karl said no need for a re tune.

Ok , so even if it doesn't "need" a retune, I'd like to try it just to optimise the mods for a bit more power and torque and possibly get the power delivery altered...

The current power delivery is very smooth and progressive the way it is now but it doesn't quite feel like 660nm . I would like to feel more a of a torquey "shove" when I put the foot down.

Would it even be possible to alter a map that way?

Here's my Dyno graph just for reference..

dyno_a4_3.0_tdi.jpg

330bhp/77onm sounds great! ... Would that be possible with the DPF Still intact?

Unlikely as dpf back pressure can range from 300mbar to 650mbar depending on its condition.

Ok , so even if it doesn't "need" a retune, I'd like to try it just to optimise the mods for a bit more power and torque and possibly get the power delivery altered...

The current power delivery is very smooth and progressive the way it is now but it doesn't quite feel like 660nm . I would like to feel more a of a torquey "shove" when I put the foot down.

Would it even be possible to alter a map that way?

Here's my Dyno graph just for reference..

dyno_a4_3.0_tdi.jpg

You could improve that yes. Have you measured dpf back pressure?

You could improve that yes. Have you measured dpf back pressure?
No i haven’t but i don’t tune cars myself. I’d be bringing it to a pro for that.

Good to know that there’s still some gains to be had :)

I’d be delighted with nearer 330bhp & 770nm