relentless v3 manifold runner problems

wigandill

Reaction score
As above realli has anyone had any problems with the relentless v3 k04 manifold, i droped my car of at r-tech yesturday for mapping with a k04 and niki hapened two mention that a batch of the v3 manifolds had runners ehich didnt align up with the exhaust ports on the head, anyone else experienced this as i am now worried they wont b able two map the car and ill n going two pic the car up two fix the problem two take it bk lol all help appreciated

thanks for the reply's
so i imagine its possible i have one which has misaligned ports, not good lol now hoping all goes well today and i dont get a phone call saying pick the car up and fix the mani lol, i only got mine about 3 weeks ago does anyone no if the problem had been sorted before then
Cheers

o well thanks for that, i hope i dont have a duff one, still awaiting nickys call, as more time passes the more nevouse i get and more worried i am that there gona have problems with my car

its not a case of them fixing them.............. their quality is erratic..

manifold lottery applies..

also some which are'nt even fully welded in the collector area being sent out to customers.. ***... beggars belief but saldy true.
Quality Control and relentless are'nt two words which should go together..

thanks for the feedback, i hope i dont have a bad one, still awaiting r-techs call with some new's hope i dont get a call saying there are p[roblems
cheers

thanks for the feedback, i hope i dont have a bad one, still awaiting r-techs call with some new's hope i dont get a call saying there are p[roblems
cheers

Who actually fitted it for you?

I would have expected the mechanic who fitted it would have told you if there were any fitting issues with the ports not matching up and if it needed opening up more for it to flow correctly.

Hi,
i fitted it myself and r-tech are just mapping it for me,
When fitting i had no problems as such. bit of a tight fit but went on ok, and when fitting i never checked that the ports lined up as i wasnt aware of the problem at the time, I.E Before and after i purchased, i did alot of research before purchasing and was under the impression the v3's were pretty sound lol.
Still got fingers crossed

Fair enough....I mean I don't own a manifold as yet as I've been holding out for a consistent 'correct' fitment and quality product to be produced from somewhere for a reasonable price *cough* B5.

Anyway - from the small amount of research I've done on the relentless manifolds and versions, I have never actually seen anyone praise the manifold for an easy fitment...great quality....and no issues etc. That's for all versions of the manifold as well...

So if you have literally taken it out of the box and not checked if it all lines up and bolted it on- my fingers are crossed for you also :) you could have had a good one though....however it's a manifold lottery with relentless :D

Fair enough....I mean I don't own a manifold as yet as I've been holding out for a consistent 'correct' fitment and quality product to be produced from somewhere for a reasonable price *cough* B5.

Anyway - from the small amount of research I've done on the relentless manifolds and versions, I have never actually seen anyone praise the manifold for an easy fitment...great quality....and no issues etc. That's for all versions of the manifold as well...

So if you have literally taken it out of the box and not checked if it all lines up and bolted it on- my fingers are crossed for you also :) you could have had a good one though....however it's a manifold lottery with relentless :D

soon ;)

Reactions: Vex182 and kwistof

well all fingers and toes are crossed lmfao, from all what i read on the v3 i hadnt heard of this problem, it was only when dropping the car of on saturday morning that nick mentioned it, still hoping for the best but have a bad feeling about this now lol.

Have you been speaking to relentless directly asking them about the V3 or something?....It's just that I don't know of anyone who would say the V3 hasn't got/has any issues. Even Sam who sells them would possibly tell you to get it checked out before bolting it on. There is a reason it's that cheap compared to everything else on the market...

Get yourself signed up to the VAG talk Facebook page and keep your eye on this section of the forum in the future dude + let us know how you get on....IF there are any issues that Nicki reports, I'm sure some helpful chaps on here can guide you as to what to do and what needs to be done.

Was yours the AGU at 291bhp that Niki did today?

Yea mate that was mine, golf agu lol dont burn me, happy with the results niki said when i droped the car of on sat that the v3 mani's didnt flow aswell

Good result and a good looking car mate! Niki said on Facebook that it was thoroughly researched and well thought out :)

youre going to love it! Can't beat an agu with a ko4!

cheers mate, cant wait two pick it up now an drive home. should be a good trip

cheers mate, cant wait two pick it up now an drive home. should be a good trip

Good to hear it's all sorted with no issues- and yeah I saw your motor on book lastnight also....looked tidy :)

Hope you haven't got far to travel back as your face is going to be aching with all that smiling your doing :happy:

cheers mate, its about a 2 hour drive back two wigan mate, and i i was grinning last time when they mapped my k03s so i imagine the grin will be bigger this time hahaa