Released Mods for the 8Y

Break in the weather. Just fitted 8mm spacers to fronts and 15 to rears.
Post pics tomorrow. To dark to take them now. Happy with the results. Seems the Vorsprung wheels on Goodyear eagle f1 super sports have a huge rim protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racingline Springs from awesome GTI - £228 plus £12.99 shipping. Part no VWR3130RS

Bought drop links 250mm ones from progressiveparts.com for £207.94 delivered. Ended up coming from awesome GTI anyway!

Garage charged £205 fitting. They charge more for customer supplied parts. 2 1/2 hours labour, but I’ve used them for years. Good guys know their stuff inside out and backwards.

So total was £654 but also needs an alignment check. Around £45 I think.

You could skip the drop links, so would be around £450 ish, but after seeing the stock ones (I’ll post a pic tomorrow) I’m glad I did go the extra mile and swap them.

I checked with awesome GTI on drop links who said they’re not required, progressive parts said they recommend changing with springs. So 2 different opinions. I changed them for peace of mind and “our Adjustable Drop Links are an essential upgrade to zero the pre-load on your anti-roll bar geometry, plus add stiffness and precision by replacing the stock rubber joints with ball joints.”

Sounded good to me. Night and day difference in how the parts look. I was shocked to see the stock ones.

Last edited:
Well these are the oem drop links

05683339ca30fd3665b8d2017ac3d8d1.jpg

They look weak as hell but Audi obviously tested them.

Compared to racingline ones.

8d1c47a32d8361a30b9ef06d677c02f7.jpg

Sorry for late reply!
db4vuKT.jpg

6QIRHia.jpg
Oops totally missed this mate, I can’t have notifications on. It looks good! I might give it another try with mine after it’s dropped. In the meanwhile I’ve got most of the chrome blacked out now, except the front grill. I need to find another solution for this. I’ll chuck the pics on shortly. Slowly (kinda) turning it into a vorsprung from the outside lol. Massive improvement though.

Hi guys…update on the latest mods. Most of the chrome delete done except chrome accents in front grill…need another solution for that. Any ideas? Also need the black gloss ring emblems front and back. What are the sizes in mm? What’s the difficulty rating?

here’s the car at the mo…

F980723C FE7A 4119 8CDD 87D177F47929

front - before

0E5BB7BD E646 42E0 BA78 B4BF6BA808AF

after

0E6E096E 2CFE 4334 813A B414D6F79837

Back - before

3A537A00 5E2D 461F 9B8E 22E16B96880C

After

31BC04F4 FF2C 4308 8E4D 8B99D77FDB87

Side - before

619D478D 7288 4BB6 B962 DC72B0AA4B72

after
5593FB8A 9684 4A73 AB35 0A65D098A2E8

Top - gloss black behind the panoramic sunroof and chose a Matt carbon fiber for the boot lip (bad photo cob web in the way, sorry)

I don’t think the pics do it justice but in the flesh the difference is night and day!

Reactions: jamey0512
Hi guys…update on the latest mods. Most of the chrome delete done except chrome accents in front grill…need another solution for that. Any ideas? Also need the black gloss ring emblems front and back. What are the sizes in mm? What’s the difficulty rating?

here’s the car at the mo…

View attachment 237561
front - before

View attachment 237562
after

View attachment 237563
Back - before

View attachment 237564
After

View attachment 237565
Side - before

View attachment 237566
after
View attachment 237567
Top - gloss black behind the panoramic sunroof and chose a Matt carbon fiber for the boot lip (bad photo cob web in the way, sorry)

I don’t think the pics do it justice but in the flesh the difference is night and day!
Looks nice mate, how easy is the chrome delete? Picking mine up Friday and wanna do it too, have done it yourself or taken it somewhere? if so what sorta price?

Looks nice mate, how easy is the chrome delete? Picking mine up Friday and wanna do it too, have done it yourself or taken it somewhere? if so what sorta price?
Cheers JDBase and Congrats on the purchase. I think it’s going to be dry this Friday too. I negotiated Audi to pay for it as they messed me around a lot. The work was done via third party wrap company. If you want exactly what I had done then you’re looking at £600+ as I got a fair bit done including the roof panel and carbon finish on the spoiler too. I know that @auzzam_crd also in this feed offers a new competitive chrome delete service (He has a vid on YouTube about it too - free plug bro, over to you. lol) I’m sure that he can give you a run down of costs. Where are you based anyway as he’s south in and around London?

Cheers JDBase and Congrats on the purchase. I think it’s going to be dry this Friday too. I negotiated Audi to pay for it as they messed me around a lot. The work was done via third party wrap company. If you want exactly what I had done then you’re looking at £600+ as I got a fair bit done including the roof panel and carbon finish on the spoiler too. I know that @auzzam_crd also in this feed offers a new competitive chrome delete service (He has a vid on YouTube about it too - free plug bro, over to you. lol) I’m sure that he can give you a run down of costs. Where are you based anyway as he’s south in and around London?
Thanks man, super excited!

Not a bad compromise I guess! Yeah that’s kinda what I was expecting, probably wouldn’t go for the roof or spoiler so it may be a little less.

I saw his video on YouTube, looks good! I’m Peterborough area so not miles away from London, just didn’t really know what kinda price to expect and didn’t want the wool pulled over my eyes lol!

Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Rav_Gep3
Thanks man, super excited!

Not a bad compromise I guess! Yeah that’s kinda what I was expecting, probably wouldn’t go for the roof or spoiler so it may be a little less.

I saw his video on YouTube, looks good! I’m Peterborough area so not miles away from London, just didn’t really know what kinda price to expect and didn’t want the wool pulled over my eyes lol!

Thanks for the advice!

No worries! What have you gone for anyway? The A3 or S3?

No worries! What have you gone for anyway? The A3 or S3?
Gone for the S3 Saloon in White. I was lucky really, managed to get hold of a 2 month old ex demo from dealer with some decent options on as I wrote my A4 off 10 days ago hitting a deer lol! I was already looking at the swap but this just brought it around a lot sooner.

Looking forward to having the power again. I had the S3 saloon in 2018, missed it a lot, so I'm glad to be back.

@S3 TRS did you ever get pics with the spacers? I know it can be hard to capture as I've 15/20mms on mine. interested to see how it looks with the springs.

@S3 TRS did you ever get pics with the spacers? I know it can be hard to capture as I've 15/20mms on mine. interested to see how it looks with the springs.

Will take some when I get the car back.
It’s currently at the detailers having a 2 stage polish and ceramic coating applied. Gtechniq crystal serum ultra. I’ve done roughly 300 miles on the springs so far too.
The major difference was deflating my stock tyres from 44 psi to 34 psi which I normally run. Comfort had suffered massively at 44. No idea why that’s factory spec. Max ive ever run on a 19 inch wheel was 36 psi.

Reactions: HulkRS3
Gone for the S3 Saloon in White. I was lucky really, managed to get hold of a 2 month old ex demo from dealer with some decent options on as I wrote my A4 off 10 days ago hitting a deer lol! I was already looking at the swap but this just brought it around a lot sooner.

Looking forward to having the power again. I had the S3 saloon in 2018, missed it a lot, so I'm glad to be back

Looking forward to having the power again. I had the S3 saloon in 2018, missed it a lot, so I'm glad to be back.
Duuude how’s the s3? You like?

Some new mods released by Maxton Design. Front and rear splitters/diffusers, side skirts and spoilers.

Some new mods released by Maxton Design. Front and rear splitters/diffusers, side skirts and spoilers.

Yes, i personally like the front splitter!
Also Rieger has splitters (but more square edges) and rear diffusers (no pic's yet)

Grtz,
Sigi

Ooooooo interesting I’m glad maxton have been working on these as the new s3 a weak front splitter compared to the previous one. This will certainly help to give an aggressive look compared to standard. I quite like v3

A
I had a DTUK box on my last S3 for three years and it was great. Changed the car entirely.
Just ordered Bimecc spacers for my new S3.

£140 for front and rear including locking nuts.

I had a DTUK box on my last S3 for three years and it was great. Changed the car entirely.
Just ordered Bimecc spacers for my new S3.

£140 for front and rear including locking nuts. 15/20mm
Any pics of the car with the spacers fitted ?