Regretted Options?

Nil. There's a couple of extra options I'd have if buying again, but I get good use out of all those fitted and wouldn't want to be without any of them.

The only one fitted that I'd change is perhaps the SD satnav; I find it perfectly fine once in use, have no issues with the screen resolution and I certainly prefer the integration over a dash-mounted Garmin etc, but it can take a while to initialise when first starting the car and (to my knowledge) the only way it can be updated is by buying a completely new SD at £500ish. I'd most likely have the tech pack to get the included updates and hopefully quicker start up, but I'd sooner have the SD nav over aftermarket any day.
For a very long time I avoided looking at TechPack MMI screens while VCDS coding other peoples cars as I did not want to see what I was missing from my own car. I did do a test one day when a forum member popped over for some coding and found that both the TechPack MMI initialisation and Nav start up / route calculation times are more or less the same as the SD-Nav MMI. At the end of the day the MMI unit is an Nvidia PC and needs to boot / load the same operating system I guess.

Reactions: Relliott6879
Talking about Audi option prices

HHA on my S4 was £65 but on a S3 its £90
Yet foldy mirrors on my S4 were £250 but on the S3 they're £150

The list goes on & on & on & on ...

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and SW14NY'S
I've seen similar combos on other makes of cars but not the S3...I was tempted to white but because I had never seen this I went for Panther black. Do you reckon this is a forbidden combo that would never sell?

Is anyone having problems with the 'Tapatalk' app on iPhone 6 iOS 9.2 btw?

I've seen similar combos on other makes of cars but not the S3...I was tempted to white but because I had never seen this I went for Panther black. Do you reckon this is a forbidden combo that would never sell?

No its fine with me

Not for a burd it ain't
There's more chance of seeing a lunar /Glacier on a RS3 as lot of punters will opt for the Lunar Super sports seats

Reactions: SW14NY'S
No its fine with me
It takes me at least 3-5 attempts to open any thread and I always get these errors

a563e8038c9a2eed3bec2e6efbd379c8.jpg
f61d8f4846a46a8709e8cf75504c25dc.jpg
78c0aef90ffb9a1731ca7e625fb17f3b.jpg

98439fa792e736a184f3560967fc0d78.jpg

Reactions: bluemoona3246
I've never seen glacier/lunar combo and I'm no expert on taste, but it sounds pretty insipid to me.

It takes me at least 3-5 attempts to open any thread and I always get these errors

a563e8038c9a2eed3bec2e6efbd379c8.jpg
f61d8f4846a46a8709e8cf75504c25dc.jpg
78c0aef90ffb9a1731ca7e625fb17f3b.jpg

98439fa792e736a184f3560967fc0d78.jpg

...............pretty much what you expect from an iphone......:whistle2:

Reactions: CHEZ, Brasso, Rob2k68 and 2 others
None i would say I really regret, but the ones I feel I wasted money on were:
HHA
Reversing camera
Different wheels
Mag ride

The only options I never ticked were pano roof & LED headlights.
All things considered, its turned out to be a slightly boring car coming from a well sorted 8L S3

What? Not getting it @steeve ;) :D
Nicer than iceberg white IMHO

My regrets?
That Audi don't spec their cars with enough kit. Then when you want some more spec they charge silly money for it eg £325 for red painted calipers *** :(

Just saying ... :whistle2:

It's a personal thing colour. I jumped from Misano to Sepang just as they released it as an option colour on the price list for 2015. I was minutes before my spec was fixed for production. Audi UK told me mine was the first Sepang S3 in the country. (not sure how true this was though).

Initially I loved it, but its far too common these days, I do find it difficult to touch up and easily damaged. Would I order Sepang again? Not a chance. I still like Misano but an S3 in Glacier looks stunning. That's all my own opinion of course, Other Opinions are Available.

Reactions: glospete, SW14NY'S and pburv
It's a personal thing colour. I jumped from Misano to Sepang just as they released it as an option colour on the price list for 2015. I was minutes before my spec was fixed for production. Audi UK told me mine was the first Sepang S3 in the country. (not sure how true this was though).

Initially I loved it, but its far too common these days, I do find it difficult to touch up and easily damaged. Would I order Sepang again? Not a chance. I still like Misano but an S3 in Glacier looks stunning. That's all my own opinion of course, Other Opinions are Available.
I would have to agree on the Glacier..:friends:

Reactions: glospete
Think av posted seriously on this thread before lol l have genuinely no regrets at all with the options thing
Wouldn't do a white S3 only because av l had 2 white car's in a row and ye can spend as much money and time/ effort on them, with cleaning products and won't give back the rewards ye deserve,yeah sepang is high maintenance but work hard on it.....and the rest ye know by me boring driveway photos lol

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and SW14NY'S
Think av posted seriously on this thread before lol l have genuinely no regrets at all with the options thing
Wouldn't do a white S3 only because av l had 2 white car's in a row and ye can spend as much money and time/ effort on them, with cleaning products and won't give back the rewards ye deserve,yeah sepang is high maintenance but work hard on it.....and the rest ye know by me boring driveway photos lol

We do indeed mate, I reckon I know yer driveway like the back of me hand!! lol

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Well l thought i would show a sample of the best most expensive optioned nearly new/demos available right now....one car in the list is £39,000 why l dont know....its not even got the tech pack....anyhow,the Mystic blue saloon is £43,000 no panroof/1400 miles,the Panther Black 3 door £39,000 no tech pack...3k miles WTF... The Sepang Saloon which has almost every option bar them drivers assist gash is £39,000...109 miles BARGAIN...All the rest have between 3k to 6k miles on them....all with Panroof B&O....Mag Ride....19"s SSSeats..etc..the silver mag ride is only £36,500 and the Solar is the same price..l know what one l would have???
Most expensive 2b
Most expensive 3
Most expensive 3a
Most expensive 4
Most expensive 4a
Most expensive 5
Most expensive 6
Most expensive 6 a
Most expensive 2a
Most expensive1

Reactions: Baldyone, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
The Sepang Sedan is the one l would go for stunning it is.....that black 3 door....should stay on the forecourt for a good wee while....the Floret looks stunning....as does the Glacier...although its a gash photo

Reactions: Pinky1959, Rob2k68 and Simon L
The alloys on this one don't look right for some reason!!! I think the standard alloys are spot on.

most-expensive-2a-jpg.75898

The alloys on this one don't look right for some reason!!! I think the standard alloys are spot on.

most-expensive-2a-jpg.75898
They look too big for the car,that's the first 3 door S3 l have come across with the 19"S/magride options quite rare it's got bang&olufsen parade red leather design package,led headlights,lnterior light package,power folding door mirrors,privacy,SD nav,comfort pack,Panther black pearlescent paint
£39,000...

Well l thought i would show a sample of the best most expensive optioned nearly new/demos available right now....one car in the list is £39,000 why l dont know....its not even got the tech pack....anyhow,the Mystic blue saloon is £43,000 no panroof/1400 miles,the Panther Black 3 door £39,000 no tech pack...3k miles WTF... The Sepang Saloon which has almost every option bar them drivers assist gash is £39,000...109 miles BARGAIN...All the rest have between 3k to 6k miles on them....all with Panroof B&O....Mag Ride....19"s SSSeats..etc..the silver mag ride is only £36,500 and the Solar is the same price..l know what one l would have???View attachment 75899 View attachment 75901 View attachment 75902 View attachment 75903 View attachment 75904View attachment 75905 View attachment 75906 View attachment 75908 View attachment 75898 View attachment 75897
@jassyo06 - Surprisingly for me, I don't like any of those
The nearest is the floret silver S3 SB but its got the wrong wheels for me

As always, just my opinion of course ... :whistle2::D

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm afraid if I were spending £39,000 on a used motor it would be:

THIS ONE

media
Nice but wrong colour,wrong wheels...... Don't even think,well l know these don't even come with xenons anymore they are extra a very worthy alternative to a Audi

Not even the the 2 saloon S3's sepang and Mystic.....????
Nope. The sepango 1 I don't like the wheels, red calipers & privacy glass
& the mystic 1 is too dark for me
Spangle is about as dark as I want to go what with my car OCD :laugh:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Nope. The sepango 1 I don't like the wheels, red calipers & privacy glass
& the mystic 1 is too dark for me
Spangle is about as dark as I want to go what with my car OCD :laugh:

Gotta agree with you BH, the sepang is nice but I'm not sure about the 5 arm rims either. Would definitely take the floret home out of all those!!

.............anyway, bit of a BSP overload there J.................must be some ex-demo's with chrome goodies??!! lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I'm afraid if I were spending £39,000 on a used motor it would be:

THIS ONE

media
I was soooo close to ordering a new one of these...went to Edinburgh Dealership, got the hardback brochures....but the sensible head went back on and I've ordered an S3 SB

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Gotta agree with you BH, the sepang is nice but I'm not sure about the 5 arm rims either. Would definitely take the floret home out of all those!!

.............anyway, bit of a BSP overload there J.................must be some ex-demo's with chrome goodies??!! lol

I was doing a 360 on this thread mate posting car's that really have too much options if there's such a thing,and l have just noticed they all have BSP.... Lol

Reactions: Simon L
Ps l think Audi are trying to empty they're options bins with firing on the BSP,wing arm's,cheaper technology package,in ready for new styles?

Reactions: graham1531 and Simon L
Ps l think Audi are trying to empty they're options bins with firing on the BSP,wing arm's,cheaper technology package,in ready for new styles?

Yeah, looks like they ordered a van load of 5-arms and can't shift em!! lol

del-boy-pirelli-tyres-trotters-f1.jpg

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Not specced personally (was on the car when I got it) but I find the Audi phone box to be the most overpriced useless piece of crap on the car.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Rob2k68, Simon L and 3 others
After being locked out of the car today I'm going to nominate Advanced Key as a regretted option.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Andru8, Simon L and 2 others
After being locked out of the car today I'm going to nominate Advanced Key as a regretted option.
Wasn't one of the features of the advanced key being that it cannot lock the car while the key is inside the vehicle ??? :S

Reactions: WarwickL and Rob2k68
Emmmm, I guess in Audi's defense it wouldn't have been great marketing to call it 'Thick As Two Short Planks Key'??

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68, Beery and 1 other person
Wasn't one of the features of the advanced key being that it cannot lock the car while the key is inside the vehicle ??? :S

In Audi's defence, they didn't say it would work every time, all the time ;)

Reactions: Simon L
Regretted option: LED lights, not really any better than xenons, but 500 quid dearer.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
  • Panoramic Sunroof - Hate it as much as I love it! Was expecting it to be bigger but it's just a normal sunroof size opening. I like that it makes the cabin lighter (have black headlining) but I am forever lubing the rubber seals as it rattles when it drys out. Audi say it's a feature and not a fault.
NO DOUBT! actually the only way I like my "pano" is closed! when it's open, it does not offer any better feature than a standard sunroof when slid all the way back...and it looks rather stupid when it's open to boot! I'm guessing Audi had to opt for this silly design to increase headroom in the backseat? This automotive reviewer summed it up oh-so perfectly! http://bestride.com/blog/review-audi-a3-sedan-tdi-s-tronic-classy-efficiency/13344/
"Audi calls the standard sunroof “panoramic”, but it’s more glassy than hole-y."
______

...but, I can't call this a regrettable option, as we in the USA have no choice, as every A3 comes with this. Arg!