Facelift Regarding Steering Wheel Replacement

SleAze

Reaction score
Hey, My car currently has the following regular round steering wheel with no "VIEW" button (as no virtual cockpit is installed on the car) + DSG paddles

I found a cheap facelift RS3 steering wheel without airbag for sale (with "VIEW" button) and I would like to know before I purchase it if it's plug and play for my car and CURRENT airbag.

I've attached photos of my current steering wheel + the new one I want to buy.
P.S: of course I'm planning on doing the virtual cockpit retrofit so the "VIEW" button is essential.

WhatsApp Image 2019 11 28 at 162705 S l1600

Hey, My car currently has the following regular round steering wheel with no "VIEW" button (as no virtual cockpit is installed on the car) + DSG paddles

I found a cheap facelift RS3 steering wheel without airbag for sale (with "VIEW" button) and I would like to know before I purchase it if it's plug and play for my car and CURRENT airbag.

I've attached photos of my current steering wheel + the new one I want to buy.
P.S: of course I'm planning on doing the virtual cockpit retrofit so the "VIEW" button is essential.

View attachment 194993 View attachment 194994
Why you just don't try it?

Why you just don't try it?
That would be a waste of money if it doesn’t fit :)
I Was trying to figure out if someone has done this before me as 8V FL exists since 2017, and I’m a brand new owner.

That would be a waste of money if it doesn’t fit :)
I Was trying to figure out if someone has done this before me as 8V FL exists since 2017, and I’m a brand new owner.
Why waste of money? U said you bought it.. Remove yours and try fit flat bootom
Check videos on YT they say it is easy
You can always sell it back and for more
Nobody knows how much u bought it for

Why waste of money? U said you bought it.. Remove yours and try fit flat bootom
Check videos on YT they say it is easy
You can always sell it back and for more
Nobody knows how much u bought it for

Umm, no I said I found one for cheap and I want to check “before I purchase it”
Just checked my original message.

Umm, no I said I found one for cheap and I want to check “before I purchase it”
Just checked my original message.
Aah thought u already bought...
Don't worry just do it.. All is the same
I have 2017 rear bumper on mine 2015
All is the same fittings audi just do nice cosmetic design on top.. I wanna do it probably.. But I still like my rounded :)

It will fit and plug n play, but don't think anyone would let go of a good condition genuine one for "cheap".. Mind you, there're tons of modified ones (rewrapped with alcantara, holes drilled for badge from regular S-Line non badge wheel, added paddles etc). Those can really be cheap...

@DJAlix, isn't Virtual Cockpit retrofit really expensive and difficult to get right ?
Difficult to get right? Not for me :) If you are attempting this as a DIY then all depends on your skill level and knowledge. I have done 100's of these myself so have the process down.

Costs wise this retrofit is not very effective. New parts = high price, used parts = lower price but things like milage cannot be adjusted. As an example of costs from my side:

- To code your own VC installation prices start from £200.00
- To install and code pricing starts from £400.00
- To supply fir and code then pricing starts from £2200.00

VC needs a lot of supporting hardware and physical modifications. A vehicle needing everything, ie new dash, MIB2, steering wheel etc etc, will end up around £6k with NEW parts and correct milage + warranty.