Refurbed RNSE - Anyone Used Tech Toys Ltd

Are you looking at putting the new rnse in to match your car age, or do you want an older one?

The one you have linked to appears to be a 2010/11 model but i Don't think it is.

Are you looking at putting the new rnse in to match your car age, or do you want an older one?

The one you have linked to appears to be a 2010/11 model but i Don't think it is.
If they're advertising it as the 2010/11 model, then I wouldn't be wanting an older one.

How can you tell it's an older model - did the 2010/11 model not have chrome buttons ( which this appears to have, although I think they can be added ), is there any other tell-tale signs ? Is it the piano-black screen surround ?

IIRC, the newer RNS-E (LED version) has the 'Media' buton instead of 'CD/TV'.

If the images on that eBay ad are correct, it is the LED once -- can tell by the superior resolution from the sat nav images.

i thought the new ones had that gloss black trim (i dont really pay much attention to RNSE's) and that one seems a bit pricey

I can't make out the media button as I'm on the phone.
You mention the photo shows the clear screen on navigation, but one of the pics next to it is a tt rnse

I am not 100 % on part numbers, but was just suspicious that they have given a part number for 2004+ rnse

But hey, I'm mr paranoid :)

Bit in the past etc

latest RNS-E units have a "MEDIA" button and chrome dials

older style ones have a "CD/TV" button and can have EITHER chrome dials or the older black ones.

Tech Toys have both styles available

the latest MEDIA sat-nav comes with EITHER a matt surround for the MY10 cars, or piano screen surround for the MY11 cars. i have an MY10 RNS-E with MEDIA and with a matt surround so they do exist.

I can't make out the media button as I'm on the phone.
You mention the photo shows the clear screen on navigation, but one of the pics next to it is a tt rnse

I am not 100 % on part numbers, but was just suspicious that they have given a part number for 2004+ rnse

But hey, I'm mr paranoid :)

Bit in the past etc

Thanks for all the replies - now confident that the picture is OK, although not the very latest, it is a 2010 model but without the very latest piano-black trim.

I agree it's a bit pricy compared to buying off an individual - but on the flip side it's Manufacturer Refurbished ( not seller refurbished ) plus a year's warranty. They do a "best offer" feature, so might try and see how low they'll go.

Will keep an eye out for anything better.

Give user NHN a shout - you'll get the best advice and the best equipment. I wouldn't risk buying from anyone else :p

Pricey, I'd add if you compare to the now £2.7k+ audi want, then that my son is a bargain.

I bought mine at half the price of that and it was manufactured in 2010. Shop around

If its the same seller I know of, he doesnt sell them anymore, which seems very strange & he was selling at a very low price tbh which maybe was to get shot of them quicker huh.