Reflectors

Ray.81

Reaction score
after fitting new led rear lights , im wondering what people have done about fitting rear reflectors? Cheers

Yeah, I’ve got a 2005 sportback and bought the led rear lights. They came with 2 reflectors and I was wondering how or where people have been putting them .
Cheers

Yeah, I’ve got a 2005 sportback and bought the led rear lights. They came with 2 reflectors and I was wondering how or where people have been putting them .
Cheers

Can you post a pic?
I fitted OEM LED rear lights to mine (Automotive Lighting/ Magneti Marelli ) and these just comprised 4 light units , the 2 outer and 2 inner?

Yeah that’s what I’ve got . 2 outer lights 2 inner lights. But also in the box was 2 reflectors that are apparently needed for MOT.

I think the facelift a3 has the reflectors built into the bumper and ours don’t

The OEM light clusters have the reflectors built in. No reflectors on the bumper on the facelift.

Maybe other countries stipulate extra reflectors but not U.K.
I have seen photos of US Mk 4 Golfs with reflectors let in to the rubbing strips on the bumpers. None on my Mk 4 Golf.

Not sure then , these are what I’ve fitted

Attachments

• 20160678-D123-4259-99A7-A7B1CB80C1A8.jpeg
    20160678-D123-4259-99A7-A7B1CB80C1A8.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 62
The grey areas of the outer units look like they have the same reflective surface as the OEM lights?
Perhaps shine a bright torch on these areas and see if they do indeed reflect the light?
Am not sure of the legalities in the UK of reflectors that aren’t red though......which the OEM units of course are.

need to be red reflectors to be uk legal which is why theyve included stick ons in the box.

years ago i used to have something similar on a car i owned, the rear lights were black without a reflector. at mot time id stick the reflectors on the bumper, pass the mot then take them off.
couldnt be doing with all that nowadays, not worth the hassle. point being is that if you want the lights as they are, dont bother with the stick on reflectors until the mot. otherwise you might as well have bought oem led lights.