Refitting lower dash panel

MikeCrum1996

Reaction score
so I had to remove my lower dash under the steering wheel.. as I have a new key cut as I lost my last one.. but the guy left big gaps in the trim where he failed to refit correctly.. so I removed it easily enough took about 10minutes but I can’t refit it for the life of me, literally been trying to for the past 2 hours and broke one of the white plastic guides.. just what I need right now.
Any help? I just don’t under stand what I’m doing wrong it just doesn’t want to clip in at the top..

Any help guys?
(Sorry for the speech)

it's a right PIA, took me ages to get it in

bit difficult to help you out but i think i located it correctly in the bottom, I might have put a couple of the screws in then, after which i located the top by almost stretching out the curve in the panel to get the top tabs to properly click in

When I had mine off it was the bit that clicks in behind the fuses at the side that was throwing everything off

I’ve noticed a couple of times the top clips can slide out of alignment so it doesn’t clip in properly

Last edited:
top clips/springs on mine - still not fixed but I've left it as it is. Slid the white clips in first then stretched and bent it to get it in by the fuses then screws.

I’ve managed to do it now there is still a slight gap but much better now literally took me 10minutes to do.. day light is key