Refilling adblue

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Morning everyone.

My adblue is showing 1200 miles. Am just wanting to know how many litres I should add to fill the tank back up. The tank is 24l according to the Audi app

Thanks

When mine did this I purchased 20 litres off ebay.
There's no way to know exactly how much it will need to fill it up.
So I just put 10 litres in and then left it for a couple of months, then put the other 10 litres in. It's very easy to do and AdBlue is readily available now at supermarkets too.

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
What I do;

Find a petrol station that's geared up for HGV use. Fill up with AdBlue at the HGV pump, pay lots less, get angry looks from HGV drivers.....

Reactions: tickedon, psychopomp1, Toonsoldier91 and 1 other person
About 75p litre off eBay for 2 x 10 litres at the moment delivered...

Just did this myself this morning .

10L from halfords for £12.50

I have the larger tank too but this keeps the car going for a good while until it pops up again on the display in another 10k or something

What I do;

Find a petrol station that's geared up for HGV use. Fill up with AdBlue at the HGV pump, pay lots less, get angry looks from HGV drivers.....
Thanks for the tip, but aren't there any size issues putting the AdBlue nozzle into a car? I would have thought the Adblue nozzle at fuel stations would be designed for HGV vehicles (ie bigger) hence not compatible with ordinary cars. But happy to be proved wrong!

Yes you are wrong LOL. I've never used anything but motorway service stations to fill mine up. Normally around 95p a litre. The nozzle is a perfect fit so no harder than quickly topping up the fuel

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Google is your friend to find garages with AdBlue. We even have AdBlue on pump down here in Cornwall at about 70p/l.

Does the pumps automatically cut off like it does with fuel ??