RedDejavu Audi S3 Ibis white BE build thread

I called them and send pics so we will see if they happy to replace it:).

Good idea.

Something has clearly hit that,and whilst the core may be OK,you can't be certain without testing it.

Awesome photos mate - car is looking nice!

Quick update:

Fitted Rs4 valve some time ago and clearly car now feels better as in smoother around 4-6k revs. Now Heko windeflectors laying in the boot waiting for better weather.

Also not so good news.. .My wife attracts too much of a bad luck. Good is that she is not at fault and I'm now in the process of getting all sorted out through my insurance. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly as this is my first claim ever.

IMG 2819

seeing just that alloy made me slightly die inside! hope it all goes smoothly. Following this thread now mate, car is looking great, you have done alot of the mods that I eventually want to do!

Nice thread and love the car. Iam looking to get the revo intake as its looks like a great piece of kit. Although i would love to know what type oh engine cover you have looks sweet with the cover on. Hopefully you havent said allready i did have a look lol.

Cheers

Nice thread and love the car. Iam looking to get the revo intake as its looks like a great piece of kit. Although i would love to know what type oh engine cover you have looks sweet with the cover on. Hopefully you havent said allready i did have a look lol.

Cheers

That is an Audi TTS engine cover which has a custom paint job. I just grabbed one off german ebay for about £80 and will hopefully arrive today and need to paint it. I just grabbed a revo intake from lvs racing too so hopefully this weekend will be fun!

seeing just that alloy made me slightly die inside! hope it all goes smoothly. Following this thread now mate, car is looking great, you have done alot of the mods that I eventually want to do!

Thanks mate but unfortunately I experience some terrible job flaws. Looks like the bumper will need to be replace again as the holes for the parking sensors are too big to start with!

On top of that they have repainted the rear bumper diffuser for absolutely no reason in silver? So as you probably assume I'm not entirely pleased. Already made a complaint so hopefully they'll sort it out again :). Oh and forgot to add, there is some extra crack left after the accident by the lower bumper lip inside the wheel arch.

IMG 1790 IMG 1792 IMG 1793

And then when I plugged the VCDS cable:

IMG 1789

Seriously I knew this will happen for some unknown reason:).

Cheers

It is TTS cover + Halfords satin black pain. Great finish tbh and very easy to do. Gloss black looks pants for my liking

Loba LO4xx Nicee, i seen this on ebay and was tempted, but id already spent over £1000 on other parts off him haha! His car was running over 450bhp with it fitted so im sure youll be over the moon!

Reactions: RedDejavu
Yeah great price couldnt resist and had money on the side so no brainer really :). Now WMI and custom mapping might give it a go on Revo map first and if its really bad go custom map route.

Reactions: Alex_Wil and grchmason
Just catching up Red :)

Great work mate looking forward to Turbo fitting anytime soon mate ?

Just catching up Red :)

Great work mate looking forward to Turbo fitting anytime soon mate ?

Yes I got it delivered however there are some parts missing and it got slighly damaged to the intake cnc collar during the transport so will need to send it to Loba for some work which they happily agreed to do it for no labour costs just parts. Tbh really delighted and great customer support, the turbo otherwise is in great condition so happy about that as it was a steal for nearly half the price of a TTE420.

Next on my list is WMI before turbo goes in, will use screenwash tank so no extra cables are going to the boot unless I decide to relocate the battery and fit separate tank in its place. Then got to buy a house:) and once that's sorted coils and brakes.

Also saw Rick doing great job on mapping these type of hybrids so not sure if I want my local tuner to do it but they insist however Revo said it should run ok-ish to run it untill I can get Rick to sort out custom map for me. Will see later on what to do once the turbo i back to me.

Image3 Image4

Reactions: grchmason
Shame about the damage mate, But it's being sorted and to be honest doesn't look that bad at all.... also will be a great bit of piece of mind letting them go over it while it's off so Win Win I think

Be really interested on your mapping side of things As I know you like me would love REVO support as we have already invested a load of CASH on there software so would be a shame to see them not helping at all

Either way I'm excited for you and 1st dibs passenger ride :) :sunglasses:

Loba for some work which they happily agreed to do it for no labour costs just parts. Tbh really delighted and great customer support, the turbo otherwise is in great condition so happy about that as it was a steal for nearly half the price of a TTE420.

Nice to see some proper old fashioned customer service, it seems to be a dying trait and that's a shame.

Reactions: leshkin and grchmason
Nice to see some proper old fashioned customer service, it seems to be a dying trait and that's a shame.

Very positively surprised indeed, fingers crossed they will sort it out fairly swift so I can get all fitted before Christmas comes :).

Reactions: Sayam and grchmason
Hats off to Loba for sorting out everything, being very supportive and helpful, really cant find words to thank them enough. They've replaced all damaged parts, cleaned, adjusted & added any missing bits.

Soon to be returned back after a while of uncertain future :).

Image8 Image7 Image6 Image5 Image4 Image3 Image1

Reactions: Rhyso and S3Alex
What a lovely read! keep the updates coming :p

Thanks will do only if finances were better:D. So far preparing bits to fit WMI + throttle pipe using washer tank and then the turbo + turbo discharge pipe, potentially 155 bar valve, TTRS + Torqbyte pm3 amplifier added later on.

Reactions: Smir
RedDeJavu, I couldn't recommend Rick highly enough and looking at your spec list I would give him a call to discuss requirements, he gave me some wonderful advice especially on fprv's and fuel pump controllers, it might save you some money! I was in a similar but slightly different situation from you running revo and then moving to a hybrid. Revo sort of works and you can run it on 2+ software but the boost control is all over the place. Custom is the way forward if you want to make the most of your hardware. Love the build thanks for sharing...

RedDeJavu, I couldn't recommend Rick highly enough and looking at your spec list I would give him a call to discuss requirements, he gave me some wonderful advice especially on fprv's and fuel pump controllers, it might save you some money! I was in a similar but slightly different situation from you running revo and then moving to a hybrid. Revo sort of works and you can run it on 2+ software but the boost control is all over the place. Custom is the way forward if you want to make the most of your hardware. Love the build thanks for sharing...

Thank you Dt_racing I'd love to go through Rick but its time that I lack atm. Dont know how would I be able to let my car be off the road for few days yet its 4h drive up to Manchester. Maybe I could arrange someone to take the car and get a courtesy car for a week or something. Need to speak to him and see what we can do.

That turbo looked like it had been properly dropped somewhere so getting it fixed for cost only is a good result.

I agree with Dt in saying that custom mapping is the way to go.

What someone like Rick can do compared to mainstream mappers is so much better and will get more from your turbo in the end.

I found the original software I was running was giving fuelling and boost control problems in the midrange under full throttle and whilst I am now using a much bigger turbo all of those issues have gone and the power delivery is so much better.

For sure,a very different ECU but the point is the same.

I also had time constraints so I had my car trailered to both Nortech and Storm and used another while they had time to work on the car.

That turbo looked like it had been properly dropped somewhere so getting it fixed for cost only is a good result.

I agree with Dt in saying that custom mapping is the way to go.

What someone like Rick can do compared to mainstream mappers is so much better and will get more from your turbo in the end.

I found the original software I was running was giving fuelling and boost control problems in the midrange under full throttle and whilst I am now using a much bigger turbo all of those issues have gone and the power delivery is so much better.

For sure,a very different ECU but the point is the same.

I also had time constraints so I had my car trailered to both Nortech and Storm and used another while they had time to work on the car.

My plan is to fit WMI with Devilsown as they offer fitting when you buy their system and they quite close, then turbo and mapping could be done with Rick which I'd much prefer.

Reactions: Smir and S3Alex
Sounds like a good idea.

I used AEM and had AMD do the fitting which was very neat and crafty.
They put the tank in the boot and the pump in the unused battery well.
The controller is hidden in the ashtray.

I know it sounds so obvious but the difference with the engine properly mapped is amazing.

Reactions: Smir
My Audi S3 is now sold due to sorting out money towards a house. I were looking at a gti, Type R, Focus St but ended up with Civic 1.8 EX :). For now decided to go reliability route until all is sorted with the mortgage. Its nearly impossible to find something decent with limited budget but will surely come back to Audi or VW at some point.

media.jpg

media.jpg

I miss that shove in the back....

Good luck with the house buddy, hope it goes smoothly for you! So, RS3 next?

Good luck with the house and we hope you be back with us really soon. :) x