RedDejavu Audi S3 Ibis white BE build thread

Got the same car with the same spec with the Revo stg 1, such an awesome car :) :) :)!! Any chance u could pm the part number of the cruise control? Also u got any pics of the lights and luggage net?

got some done not sure about the cruise control but Johnny (jb0o) is the best person to speak to reg this. Will post some pics up in a while.

there you go:

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02212.jpg

DSC02213.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

Cant find reading lights pics they're on my work laptop so will add them in in the morning

Reactions: Paullie
Beautiful pics as always, Fella! They've given me my first smile of the day, so far, lol. :wub: xx

Seeing those pics of the cam follower damage does put me off going Stage 2+, I have to admit. I've got my brand spanking new Autotech HPFP internals and new OEM cam follower all ready to go on the car - have had them for around 6 months now - but keep changing my mind as to whether or not to take the plunge. I love the power I get at the moment and TBH I never push the car anywhere near its limits, so I might stop where I am performance wise too. Don't see the point in upping the power further if I don't fully use what it's got just now, lol. The uprated cam follower your guy told you about must be the KMD one with its 'Armaloy' coating. It's the only uprated one I've heard of. :wub: xx

Audi - A3 - 2.0T FSI - Engine - KMD Tuning - 2.0T FSI Cam Follower with Armoloy - KMD Tuning & Engineering

Cars got vinyl gloss black roof and spoiler done, looks pretty clean and tasty. Will post up some pics once I got it valeted. Besides were playing up with SPS settings. Anyone know if these are good for stage 1 V power petrol no hardware mods:

Boost 7 timing 5 fuel 9

Hard to say really without data logging the car to see what your EGT's / timing pull figures are like.

Seem fair settings, but all the settings are safe so feel free to readjust and try something new. Maybe have a fiddle with fuel trim (reset to 6 or 7), as supposedly newer S3's have a better lift pump than old models.

Quick update:

Bits done to the car recently:

Vinyl roof and spoiler wrap

dsc02537.jpg

dsc02538.jpg

dsc02539.jpg

dsc02540.jpg

dsc02541.jpg

dsc02543.jpg

dsc02546.jpg

dsc02547.jpg

Done Hubs painting in Gloss black using Hammerite coat. Painful time consuming but worth it!

dsc02548.jpg

dsc02549.jpg

dsc02559.jpg

Door and Puddle lights at daylight

dsc02550.jpg

dsc02551.jpg

dsc02552.jpg

Twintake fitted the other day, very nice quality and sound.
Have bought it to fit Golf GTI/R by my mistake so it needs different metal plate holding lower filter but for now its only an estetic gimmick really so to be sorted next month along with ARBs and WALK. New engine cover is painted with black satin paint and looks smart, much better than the orginal silver on top of that added R8 oil cap to finish whole engine bay of nicely.

dsc02554.jpg

dsc02555.jpg

dsc02556.jpg

dsc02557.jpg

dsc02562.jpg

dsc02563.jpg

Reactions: mechanic69
Fantastic pics of car. Liking the gloss vinyl roof too - I never knew out could wrap in gloss.

Just a quickie about the luggage net - could imjustmbuy the net from eBay or do I need to install something else in the car to use them?

Very nice work mate.
Love the gloss black roof wrap and what you have done with your TTS engine cover, very tastefully done.

Stunning pics and stunning car! Black roof and spoiler looks ridiculously good on white!

Fantastic pics of car. Liking the gloss vinyl roof too - I never knew out could wrap in gloss.

Just a quickie about the luggage net - could imjustmbuy the net from eBay or do I need to install something else in the car to use them?

all the holding points are already there mate so you just need a luggage net and if you want full luggage pack retrofitted there is an extra plug and light on the right side too.

seems that you need these mate:

For the actual net itself - 8P0 861 869A 01c

For the plastic clips that attach the net to the chrome fixings in the luggage area 8P0 861 849 01C

Finally got this bad boy fitted! Ordered via APR at last Audi International where they offered me 20% off the RPR price:eyebrows:. First impression, very light, very simple and amazingly finished. Top product, everything fits very nice and is hassle free apart from one pipe that goes under the big filter but nothing major a bit of squizzing did the job. In general noise and gains are just fantastic! Having had Forge fitted I can clearly say that the noise is much more refined and natural, very impressive OEM like but louder and smooth rather than darth vader. On top of that car feels much more linear now with great high revs that somehow got even smoother. Well worth product if you look for something decent but not in your face. Forge was a bit too loud and noise cheap, very heavy and not that refined throughout the revs. Anyway I had it only because I waited for VWR to be back in stock:o.k:. Only con I found is now I will need to trim down the engine cover a bit as it clips the intake too much and pops out after few good runs but again to be done soon once the weather is better.

dsc02824.jpg

dsc02825.jpg
dsc02826.jpg
dsc02827.jpg

dude that looks beautiful! how much is it and where do i get one from? lol
the pipe underneath it... does that go down to the fog grills?

OK guys hear me out I have just done Revo stage 1 remap and its amazing....

endless.......fun and joy! The car revs up so quickly now and pulls and pulls and pulls:D. I knew what to expect but this is no doubt one of the best money spent. If you have an S3 dont hesitate and jst do it or you suck balls!:].

Besides I have some valuable news that some of you might find interesting. I chatted to the guy up who did the remap about getting intake done and then possibly go stage 2+ and he admitted that the current ITG Maxogen is getting redesigned mainly due to heat soak problem and he suggest to hold off and buy the new one that is due to release few weeks time its much better and wont suffer much from heat soaking. In addition when I mentioned about stage 2+ his reaction was not to do this unless I want to have problems with failing camfollower that at some point can shatter and destroy whole engine worst case! He said recently they were working on few S3 that camfollower shattered and destroyed whole engine 9k job and Audi is aware of that. One guy got it done on warranty once but when he came back second time they said no we know your car and one of the guy came round from germany to check the engine and he says the camflollower is not an audi part as it was uprated so we cant do the repair unless you pay for a full engine rebuild! Last news milltek have stopped outsourcing their exhaust parts from china and quality is due to be improved so no more welding issue is guaranteed apparently.

Thats it folks hope you understand my wonderful not grama;]. Any questions happy to answer.

Interesting ... I was at AMD Woking last week and Simon (the owner) mentioned they had a number of 'enhanced' cars coming in with a shattered cam follower - he showed me an uprated one (looked like the KMD) that had a piece 'chipped off' after 5K miles. Sounds like Russian roulette to me.

dude that looks beautiful! how much is it and where do i get one from? lol
the pipe underneath it... does that go down to the fog grills?

It still uses the same front air vent but the front mount is much bigger than the forge one so I assume air can flow a bit more freely. Will get a bit more pics later on oh and 1 more thing its very easly to get scratched however I get it wrapped up in heat tape next month so it wont be an issue.

Update:

Quite big job has been done on my car recently. Fitted Milltek exhaust resonated + H&R anti rollbars alongside with Revo stage 2 mapping. Car drives fine however the rollbars are fitted stiff front and back which is a bit too much to my test and what I noticed is my cars front sits now a bit higher than before. Is this something normal or not? Also I can now feel a bit more vibration through the steering wheel while idle is it due to new exhaust or again because rollbars stiffen up the suspension bit more? Any ideas if soften up the front bar will help at all?

Very pleased with the performance and quality of work is top notch. AMD Essex is defo a place to go if you're after high standard. Car went on rollers and graph is to my believe a bit optimistic but god it feels like a rocket now!

S3stage2

Just to add. Managed to figured out why the car was throwing up Lean errors.

IMG_0137.jpg

It turned out to be a badly design VWR intake that was fitted by myself not so long ago. After whole night of digging the Internet I came across the solution which was to replace the back pipe that hold MAF sensor in place under warranty. All went very quickly and without issues. Love APR as they care about their customers and will not let you down just fantastic customer service. Well recomended.

Bad pipe:

IMG_0136.jpg

Extra metal collar fitted by VWR solving the issue:
IMG_0130.jpg

Which dsg map you going with as i don't think revo do one yet for your year car? GIAC do though! :)

Hi Guys, a few things about the thread above...

HPFP failures... without exception every Autotech kit we have ever fitted failed, we caught some early without any major damage but a couple needed full engine strip / rebuild! We have also had one KMD failure but have yet to decide whether or not it was the KMD pump kit or KMD follower or the pump itself. We now change the O.E. follower (even on a stock car) as part of a timing belt service!

The new Loba pumps are brilliant, made to O.E. spec they will run 135bar all day and they use the O.E. cam follower with no problems. I haven't had any in cars long enough to test wear after a good amount of mileage but Loba tell me they have checked wear after thousands of miles and it's no different to the stock pump. The Loba unit is a pre-built bolt on pump so you are getting a handbuilt pump that has been bench tested. Loba Motorsport TFSi Fuel Pump - Engine Hardware - Tuning - S3 (8P) 2007 on - S3 - Audi

DSG Gearbox Software... We compile our own DSG gearbox files to suit whatever engine software / hardware is on the car. Stage 1 / 2 stuff is no problem at all, we can alter the response times of the clutch change over, launch control points, clutch oil pressures for uprated clutch packs, torque limiters, shift points... whatever you like! Our off the shelf Stage 1 is £349 and Stage 2 is £399, 10% discount for forum members. Custom stuff is charged by the hour / file spec so give us a shout.

The only other thing I can advise to check if any of you are having fuel issues is the tank pump duty cycle. If you log the duty cycle % and requested / actual tank pump pressures then it will give you an idea of how hard the tank pump is working. We have had a few that are running too hard (80-90% duty) and not quite making the requested pressure which then has a knock on effect of starving the rail pump. Just a thought...

Hi Guys, a few things about the thread above...

HPFP failures... without exception every Autotech kit we have ever fitted failed, we caught some early without any major damage but a couple needed full engine strip / rebuild! We have also had one KMD failure but have yet to decide whether or not it was the KMD pump kit or KMD follower or the pump itself. We now change the O.E. follower (even on a stock car) as part of a timing belt service!

The new Loba pumps are brilliant, made to O.E. spec they will run 135bar all day and they use the O.E. cam follower with no problems. I haven't had any in cars long enough to test wear after a good amount of mileage but Loba tell me they have checked wear after thousands of miles and it's no different to the stock pump. The Loba unit is a pre-built bolt on pump so you are getting a handbuilt pump that has been bench tested. Loba Motorsport TFSi Fuel Pump - Engine Hardware - Tuning - S3 (8P) 2007 on - S3 - Audi

DSG Gearbox Software... We compile our own DSG gearbox files to suit whatever engine software / hardware is on the car. Stage 1 / 2 stuff is no problem at all, we can alter the response times of the clutch change over, launch control points, clutch oil pressures for uprated clutch packs, torque limiters, shift points... whatever you like! Our off the shelf Stage 1 is £349 and Stage 2 is £399, 10% discount for forum members. Custom stuff is charged by the hour / file spec so give us a shout.

The only other thing I can advise to check if any of you are having fuel issues is the tank pump duty cycle. If you log the duty cycle % and requested / actual tank pump pressures then it will give you an idea of how hard the tank pump is working. We have had a few that are running too hard (80-90% duty) and not quite making the requested pressure which then has a knock on effect of starving the rail pump. Just a thought...

good info that, hope the map that you offer for DSG applies 2010 onwards too? As from what I gathered the code hasnt been cracked yet by Revo.

Regarding Loba fuel pump seems like it solves the problem and my concernes where right will give it 2 months and then probably buy the whole upgraded fuel pump.

Reactions: batch
Cool, let me know about the pump and I'll try and sort some sort of Forum deal out with Loba.

Can definitely do all the new CAN based DSG DQ250Cxx boxes, we are currently working on the new TTRS/RS3 because they are a newer version again DQ500xx... but will be available shortly.

Some of the new S3 software versions have been completely re-structured when we have eventually managed to read them but can still be modified... Just takes a while to figure out the newer software versions.

Just fitted new AMD intake and must say it sounds so good, much better than the VWR intake I had which was bland and too quite for my liking. Much better fitting and no rubbing at all. Well recommended!

225419_10151492198018701_815804929_n.jpg

554906_10151492197863701_1019578570_n.jpg

64130_10151492198428701_516513146_n.jpg

484704_10151492198228701_130838764_n.jpg

Reactions: mechanic69
Glad you're liking it!.....hopefully get mine back sometime next week,and let you know what I think of it as well.

Looks lovely. Very smart.

Out of interest is the VWR for sale now as I might know of someone interested. Pm me. ;0)

Im curious, having read a few intake threads, and the issues you have had, intakes you tried....

I see the above kit was up for sale after only 400 Miles?

Have you found your perfect Intake yet?

Im curious, having read a few intake threads, and the issues you have had, intakes you tried....

I see the above kit was up for sale after only 400 Miles?

Have you found your perfect Intake yet?

bump for this question, as im on the hunt for an intake

Hi, AMD had same issue they redesigned MAF section to make it work correctly however I always get concerns therefore returned it on warranty again and now looking to buy the new revo's intake which is proven to give good fuel trims and has even better quality. Will do some tests myself once I got it fitted next month

if you got itg in the first place you would be pleased from the beginning, and wouldn't spend money on different intakes. fuel trims are spot on, intake temperatures are great, and performace is great!

Reactions: RedDejavu
Absolutely agree with you. Newer doesnt always mean better:]. Hopefully revo will come through the post soon just need to fork out 400 quid which is very painfull:]

I've got gloss black roof on my TDI s line black edition and it really sets the car off,I paid £130 but didn't get the spoiler done.

How much was your roof/spoiler wrap? Where did you get it done? Looks the nuts!

Edit** I have a rough price above ironically, but I'd still like to know about yours!

Car is looking great and I am sure you will be pleased with revo's intake I have heard good things about it and am tempted myself although I am happy with the itg. I noticed you have the resonated miltek. Do you have a sports cat or decat with that. I currently have a non resonated miltek tbe with sports cat and at times with passengers I think it is a bit loud but some say the resonated one sounds no real different from standard!
How do you find it sounds?