Red vents grey stitching

Riko0073

Reaction score
Hi guys

Anyone have the red air vents (part of the old extended interior pack I think?) but with the grey seat stitching?

A mate has just bagged a set from a local Audi dealer for £360 which looking at others advertised is a decent price! He has red stitching so sure it will look great but I have the rock grey stitching and wondered if it would look a bit out of place with no other red except on the RS badges and some splashes of red on the outside?

6DC79870 09BE 421C 9E91 63D391AEF3AA

Hi guys

Anyone have the red air vents (part of the old extended interior pack I think?) but with the grey seat stitching?

A mate has just bagged a set from a local Audi dealer for £360 which looking at others advertised is a decent price! He has red stitching so sure it will look great but I have the rock grey stitching and wondered if it would look a bit out of place with no other red except on the RS badges and some splashes of red on the outside?

I had them on the PFL when they had red centres. Looked fine and lifted the interior.

When I enquired on the FL they were £310 a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073
I had them on the PFL when they had red centres. Looked fine and lifted the interior.

When I enquired on the FL they were £310 a set.

Thanks @T-1000

They seem to be selling for c£500 and that’s for used, £360 seems a good price for new genuine, although still expensive for what they are I suppose!

Will see how my mates look and ease of fitting and might take a punt at them, as you say adds a bit of colour to the cabin :icon thumright:

Reactions: Sandra
Just ordered X3 from Crewe Audi as I already purchased one from eBay
£100 each free delivery

Thanks but wouldn’t want these in my car to be honest, crazy I know but I’d prefer the OEM option rather than some cheap knock offs ; )

Just thought I'd show you those as an option. Not sure I see 100 times the price in value to the OEM ones.

Looks naff either way to me, but to each their own. ;)

Hi guys

Personally I wouldn’t bother.

I picked up some of the red vents when I got my car and as I have the red interior they look great.

It is important to note those third party Chinese knock offs do not look the same.

The official Audi ones have a sparkle to the red; the knock offs are just a flat red.

I have made 3 changes to my car - and that is it - red vents, re-trimmed the wheel in full alcantara and I had the stock flat wheels diamond cut as I regretted not choosing them when I ordered and the diamond cut looks better to me.

Reactions: Riko0073 and DW81
One option i never bothered with was the RS Design pack. At £800 for some mats with an rs logo and hideous red surrounded air vents seemed ridiculously overpriced. Even if it was £100 i wouldnt have bothered as i prefer the chome surround - i wouldve paid £100 for the mats though.

Reactions: Riko0073 and RGBARGEE
One option i never bothered with was the RS Design pack. At £800 for some mats with an rs logo and hideous red surrounded air vents seemed ridiculously overpriced. Even if it was £100 i wouldnt have bothered as i prefer the chome surround - i wouldve paid £100 for the mats though.
Agreed, but I wouldn't have bothered with the mats either!!

I wouldn’t with rock grey, matches red stitching ok.

I had the extended leather over rs pack so got leather knee bits which looks nice - with the rock grey stitching obviously.

I wouldn’t with rock grey, matches red stitching ok.

I had the extended leather over rs pack so got leather knee bits which looks nice - with the rock grey stitching obviously.

Any pics of the knee pads please?

I'm considering getting my leather trimmer to replicate these. Should be an easy job. I thought they were done in alcantara from the factory?

Thanks.

The confusingly named mono.pur option gave you fake leather covered door handles and knee pads with stitching that matches the seats (grey/red).

Think the knee pads in alcantara were if you took the design pack?

Without either of those packs they were just in plastic.

Personally I prefer the rock grey stitching, wasn't a fan of all the red bits on the design pack (weird for me as I prefer the red lighting on the PFL, and a previous S2000 of mine had the red seats and carpets :) )

Reactions: millsy75