red or yellow dogbone bush? cant remember

ANDYMC_TQS

Reaction score
hi hoping someone can remind me which is the better dogbone bush. i dont want the car to become a rattle machine by getting an ultra hard one. i remember reading a post about this which helped me make my decision but i cant find it now. any pointers would be much appreciated

Mine has the red one fitted and it was done by a previous owner, I cant say I have noticed it being particularly rattley or noisy.

Most people use red and say yellow is too hard. I have a yellow one and it's fine. Down to choice really both good. Just yellow is harder than red

I read that Yellow gives more vibration, and red gives less, wasn't really sure myself at first, but ended up fitting a yellow one.

There is a slight increase in vibration, but not enough to worry too much about, and it's only on tick-over and pulling away.

Personally, I'd buy red.

Its Noticeably better than yellow with less vibration.

Get it from Awesome GTi - Where I got mine from and quick delivery time great service. :)

I used the yellow one and all is good . A little vibration at first but soon faded away . Only torque the main bolt that goes through the center of the bush to 12lb and the yellow is fine , think the people that say they get a lot of vibration have over tighten this bolt .
Be a Man and go for the yellow red is for girls !

ha thats brilliant guys thank you. iv talleyed up all ur suggestions and 3 say red 4 say yellow so i might buy both and fit one to mine and one to my mates s3 then see what happens

That sounds like a plan. I agree with S3 JOHN that most of the problems seem to come from over tightening the centre bolt compressing the bush and causing vibration.

Get it from Awesome GTi - Where I got mine from and quick delivery time great service. :)

Haha, Cheers for the plug man! I'm quite proud to say, it was actually me who got powerflex to produce the red one :)
We've currently got 48 red ones and 24 yellow ones in stock ready for dispatch!

They can be found Here on our online store where we are also offering free shipping on everything across mainland UK at the moment!

Cheers guys!
Al. Awesome Ltd.

I still believe that the red is better, hence the reason for its development.

Same effect as the yellow one has but with less steering vibration using more modern durable materials.

I'd also assume a better driving experience but only if one is measuring it in this way. If not, buy the yellow one.

I believe the red one was developed for diesel engines and the yellow one is for petrol .

When i fitted mine it transformed the car , gear changes a lot smoother and less juddering when pulling away . Well worth the money! easy to fit too!

Excellent modification. Worth weight in gold.

Car plants the power better as it prevents engine vibration.

Hi all, silly question but the dog bone is the mount from the gearbox? Please correct me. And can ayone suggest decent wishbone bushs? Thanks

i ended up buying 2 yellow ones after having a think about it some more. got them from awesome gti as recommended and good friendly service as routledge said. cant wait to fit it when it comes and will be a good surprise for my mate who doesnt know i bought him one yet. for the money how could i not!!

Happydays ! just remember to replace all the bolts too as they are stretch bolts , only cost around a fiver from audi.