red dogbone bush, did you do the smaller one....

aterro

S3 YO
Reaction score
As above.

When replacing to the red dogbone bush,
did you do the smaller one in front of the red one? if so which one did you use?

I basically dont want to have any vibrations.

Do i need new bolts too? ( any part numbers of the 4 bolts needed)
or can i just re-use....

cheers

i just put new red dog bone on my diesel, re-used the bolts, it does vibrate at idle but its not too intrusive and will settle out after a few miles, gear change is much smoother too

The vibrations will die down after 1,000 miles or so. I kinda liked the added resonance and tightness to everything...

edit: sorry I used a yellow one not a red one.

Last edited:
i used the yellow and didnt do the smaller ones, didnt really notice any vibrations, but when ever i pick up a girl they normally comment... i just say your welcome

Reactions: JudderMan
I tried the red one in my TDI and couldn't hack the vibration for a daily.

I have since transferred it to the S3 and noticed no increase in vibrations, but a much improved gear change and you can feel the engine move less when planting the loud pedal. I left the small bush standard, cant see any point in changing that if its in good condition unless your building a track car.

I have the red bush and just fitted the poly front bush. Not too much vibration but it's there. It's not uncomfortable though or annoying. Just let it settle and don't be too fussy lol.