red coolant level warning light on dis

vinceemmery

Reaction score
hi yesterday and today the red coolant light came on on the dis ,the water is at max level which it has been for ages so no water loss also it only does it the very first time i start up on the last 2 cold mormings after the first few beeps it goes off and doesnt come on again at all through the day ,couid this be a faulty coolant sensor and if so what is the worst that couid happen

oh and it warms up fine on the temp gauge never goes above half way

I had this exact same thing this morning!!!

I haven't checked the coolant yet though...

my coolant is virtually at max ,cant remember if it happened when it was cold last year but surly if it was a major fault (like the red warning ones are) it shouid show up continuosly and not the very first time you start the car for the day

yeah i wasn't too concerned about it, didn't have time to anyway as needed to get to work. will try to remember to check it tomorrow.

cold weather must of affected it somehow?!

Is your car parked on a slope? It has been known for this to give a warning until back on the level.

snap, last two mornings when its been 1oC, fine afterwards en route to work and when I start it up on the way home

Im sure i read somewhere that this was due to a faulty sensor, might be worth doing a search on this.....

Mine isn't a faulty sensor. I just checked it and the coolant level is low. So I must have a leak. Was fine last time I checked but that was 2 weeks ago.

no light on this morning was not as cold as yesterday must be a faulty sensor? are they hard to change