RECONNED TURBO NEEDED!!!

nathan_wilson

Reaction score
Just a quick question whether anyone has a reckoned turbo for my 2004 2.0 tdi bkd or a reputable company to find one from?

Cheers Nathan

Send it to turbo technicis and get it converted into a Hybrid turbo and reconned at the same time. Then get a good map and every time you drive it have a grin from ear to ear :)

Send it to turbo technicis and get it converted into a Hybrid turbo and reconned at the same time. Then get a good map and every time you drive it have a grin from ear to ear :)

what sort of price are we looking at for that mate?

and that would mean upgrading brakes clutch etc

Midland Turbos did my recon.
took them 3 days, from collection to delivery.
cant remember the price.

Looks like I a, getting one then as they are cheaper there than buying a normal one from Audi

Looks like I a, getting one then as they are cheaper there than buying a normal one from Audi

if you go down the hybrid route you will need some kind of mapping to make the turbo work properly otherwise it could be very smokey. a hybrid should see you hit over 210 bhp with right mapping and mods and then you will need a new clutch as the standard ones are made of pooh and wont enjoy the torque or you could just get a recon turbo from a reputable company and save yourself lots of money still im glad i took the first option
good luck

Well you have me thinking now as I bet a clutch upgrade and brake upgrade won't be cheap and after what I have had to spend so far. I don't know if it's worth a hybrid upgrade lol

Get a good recon if thats the case plenty of guys more than hapy on here with theres

This whole Hybrid thing looks VERY interesting!!!