reconditioned 02m gearbox

wareham

Reaction score
With suspected selector fork broken and already worn synchros and possible bearings I'm looking for a recon box.

I've found a website, GearBoxPro That looks like a reasonable price. But I'd like to compare with something else and struggling to find other recondition company/websites.

Can anyone suggest any? I'd prefer to buy a recon box as opposed to sending mine away, but if there's a difference in price I'll consider it .

Any suggestions?

Thanks, are all 02m boxes the same as they list a seperate Quattro box on there?

Thought the transfer box went on the drivers side drive shaft mount.

as you say, the Quattro part of the 02M is a separate transfer box that bolts onto where the drivers side output flange would be on a FWD 02M, the internals of the actual gearbox are the same

I don't know what is replaced for the price they quote, with a set of bearings being close to 300 quid, I would not expect much else to be done (except oil seals)
/m

There are different ratios available for 02M and come in 5 speed and 6 speed variants as well as FWD and AWD configurations...

Diffs are different between AWD/FWD as is the bell housing half of the casing (for fitment of the transfer box)

Internally they are the same layout and mostly interchangeable

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the info.

Will a LCR bam 6 speed match the bell housing and diff be the same?

LCR will be different ratios and wrong bell housing...

I have an LCR box myself which I plan to rebuild into an AWD case... from what I have read I will need to use the diff from the AWD box and possibly swap the crownwheel/pinion over to the diff as the ratios are different... that requires a bolt set at around 100 quid plus any bearings I need, 'uprated' selector forks and then there is the fun of shimming it... other than that it will be a doddle I a m sure lol

<tuffty/>

Sounds like fun.

I will look into a recon box for sure then and maybe split my current and do as much as I can to fix the selector fork and learn about the box. It looks like the only "quick" option is to stick to an s3 box.

Thanks.