Recommendations for Remap (and mods to make the most of it)

RossB

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Wonder if anyone can recommend anyone who can remap my 2000 S3 (210) in or around central scotland.

and also what supporting mods would be best to make the most out of the remap ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions

You'd be better posting in the 8L section, then once you have a map in mind, start looking for Scottish dealers. You can get most maps pretty much all over the country too, so location shouldn't be much of a limiting factor - I'd say go for Revo, it's the safe and proven standard map for most VAG engines. As for mods, you shouldn't need much for a stage 1 map, maybe get yourself a Forge 007p diverter valve?

Thanks , what about Decat ? Milltek ? would rather just pay for one map ... so all the mods to support the highest gains in the first instance ?

Once you start getting mod-specific maps (not just generic ones) then you're looking at spending ££££ and there's too many combinations of mods and maps to advise on any specific one. Exhaust (I think the 8L downpipe is the restricting section), front-mounted inter cooler (to stop intake temp limiting boost), d/v (better engine response on and off the throttle, might speed up spooling too), turbo charge-pipe (never remember what it does exactly) etc all add up for maps beyond Stage 1, but you'd be better planning the mods then getting a suitable map than getting the map and then buying mods to match it.

If you get a stage 1, things like an exhaust and intake will likely still add slight gains to the power (the ecu should be smart enough to optimise itself for the inc flow etc). Don't quote me on that, could be a slight misunderstanding on my part.

Like I said though, head to the 8L section and find out what output other people are running, and what combo of map and mods they use to get there. If you've got a plan in mind (300bhp+, big turbo conversion, value for money etc) then use that as a starting point. After a generic map, power starts to get more and more expensive in term of bhp increase per £ spent.

Speak to Brodster on here, his company, Brotek, offer Shark remaps and he is based in Scotland.

Reactions: Brodster
Milltek turboback, filter (badger 5 tip is the daddy as it goes!) my mate has done just tha to free up breathing and after a MAP he got 255 bhp but it should have been more near 270ish but he has a boost leak..

DO A HEALTH CHECK 1st! IMO

So just exhaust and filter and remap should see approx 270bhp if everything else is alright ?

Health check would be the best thing to do to see if there are any leaks...and then chuck it on the rollers to see what the standard bhp it is...

Then your list is endless- depends how much money you want to spend on her and what figures you are reaching for......

Badger 5 TIP with heat shield and open cone filter is the best place to start IMO
Along with a Forge DV 007/008p (yellow spring for the remap)

But like I said it all depends how much wonga you have to chuck at it

From what i've read, the exhaust idea on an S3 is a waste of money, with no gains to be had.
Had mine now for 6 years & never bothered with it...

depends what you want id only really do the badger 5 tip and a forge dv for a stage one map as a generic map wont really make the best of all your mods