Recommendation to refurb Rotors in Cambridgeshire or Norfolk?

Watson306

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm not quite ready to do it, but can anyone recommend someone to refurb some 19" Rotors in and around the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border.
I'll obviously travel up yo an hour or so for the right company.
Not really thought about we hat I'll put on the car whilst it's being done yet.

I can share my wheel refurb experience with you. Most places will powder coat them, I find that the powder coat isn’t as durable as the factory painted finish. Stone chips tend to flick off large pieces of material. Despite promising to faithfully match the colour of the original wheels they are in fact not the same colour and are much darker. Too much material had been applied creating slight runs on the edge of the spokes and created problems getting the centre caps to fit in the now smaller holes. I also discovered that the car was left in the air on 4 trolley jacks whilst the wheels were being refinished. This split the underseal on the edge of all 4 jacking points requiring a Sunday afternoon under the car to put it right.

My advice is to find a company that has been recommended by someone and you can see the quality of their workmanship. I hope your experience is better than mine.

edit: work wasn’t done in your location

Reactions: Eldeano2
Thank you.
That's kinda the things I'm worried about.
I'm trying to put right various little things - I don't really want to be creating myself work.

I can share my wheel refurb experience with you. Most places will powder coat them, I find that the powder coat isn’t as durable as the factory painted finish. Stone chips tend to flick off large pieces of material. Despite promising to faithfully match the colour of the original wheels they are in fact not the same colour and are much darker. Too much material had been applied creating slight runs on the edge of the spokes and created problems getting the centre caps to fit in the now smaller holes. I also discovered that the car was left in the air on 4 trolley jacks whilst the wheels were being refinished. This split the underseal on the edge of all 4 jacking points requiring a Sunday afternoon under the car to put it right.

My advice is to find a company that has been recommended by someone and you can see the quality of their workmanship. I hope your experience is better than mine.

edit: work wasn’t done in your location

I definitely wouldn't leave the car with any wheel company, unless you know they use rubber jack slots. If you can be without the car for a couple of days, then drop off the wheels. If it's the original Audi silver - the paint is produced by Wurth. Lastly - don't go for a diamond cut finish. Absolutely pointless in UK unless you plan to put on winter wheels from October to April.

Reactions: JohnS3