1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Recommend Tyres - Help Needed

stav8124 Apr 4, 2016

1. xpoweruk

xpoweruk TTTS 8J Smile Machine

I'm loving the Hankooks on the S4.Nice & quiet with excellent grip & predictability

ScottishA4B9 likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Registered User

I keep hearing good things about the Hankooks. They are now standard fit on all new Audis!

xpoweruk likes this.
  4. stav8124

stav8124 Registered User

Took the car back the tyre place and the tyre can't be fixed, the screw is to close to the sidewall. Well annoyed after 3 weeks of a new tyre a new is needed. After ordering on and going home I noticed the screw popped out a bit and it's a tiny screw. But checking if air is escaping I put some water on the tyre and its bubbling ever so slightly. Is there anything I could get to patch up the slight hole which is the size of a pin? I've heard superglue will do nothing so is there any sort of tyre glue?

5. xpoweruk

xpoweruk TTTS 8J Smile Machine

New tyre time I'm afraid.
    The risk is huge otherwise

feva likes this.
  6. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Registered User

Yeah defo change I'm afraid. You don't want the risk of a blowout!

7. ub7rm

ub7rm Registered User

I recently put some Hankooks on the front of my Golf and I'm seriously impressed with everything about them. I bought them because they were a cheap but good brand but actually they are a cheap and excellent tyre.

Will most likely go down that route when the awful Conti's get changed. Now they are a horrendous tyre.

8. Dado

Dado Registered User

You can get tire patches for small punctures, It sticks to the inside of the tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk