Recommend Tyres - Help Needed

stav8124

Reaction score
Hi,

I need 2 new front tyres size 255/35/19 96Y for my Audi A4 B8 1.8 TSFI S Line

Could anyone please recommend tyres and prices?

Thanks

Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric) 2 are currently £125.34 on Amazon but you need to arrange fitting yourself.

I've running Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39. These are currently £114.80 on blackcircles fully fitted.

Reactions: Meemo
rate the eagle f1's assemetric 2's. Just switched from Michelin pilot super sports and very pleased with them, on par with the Michelins :)
I used lovetyres.com, they said 2 to 5 days but had them next day. same price as amazon price quoted above

Another vote for the Eagle F1 A2. I used mytyres.co.uk and got cashback through Quidco which worked out at £135 fully fitted per tyre. If you're interested in joining quidco I can offer you a referral :)

Another vote for the Eagle F1 A2. I used mytyres.co.uk and got cashback through Quidco which worked out at £135 fully fitted per tyre. If you're interested in joining quidco I can offer you a referral :)

ahaha nice one, i never thought to check mytopcashback! darn

Eagles are great but there is another thread on here for someone that has just purchased some Hankook tyres and they seem very happy with them.

I've got Dunlop Sportmaxx RT and I am very pleased with them. Good wear rate, good grip and much much quieter than my previous Continentals.

Reactions: CHEZ
Stay away from conti's, they tramline like f..k in 255/35/19, that's my experience both on my A4 & A5, just ordered 4 new Goodyear F1 A2's from Tyreleader, £121.85 each delivered.

Also have had experience of Dunlop Sport Max, it's a good all round tyre.

I had Hankook's on a VW Jetta many moons ago, rated these highly aswell, but they were 17's, not 19's.

JG

Thank you everyone for there help

I've booked in to fit Goodyear Eagle F1 A2 for £140 each fitted from cartyres.com which was the cheapest i could find them fitted anywhere.

Reactions: xpoweruk, ScottishA4B9 and RS5 JON
Thank you everyone for there help

I've booked in to fit Goodyear Eagle F1 A2 for £140 each fitted from cartyres.com which was the cheapest i could find them fitted anywhere.

Get friendly with your local tyre guy, £10 to change tyre & balance , works for me. :yahoo:

Saturday morning job, assume it's in his back pocket. :whistle2:

Although £140 fitted isn't a bad price.

JG

Last edited:
Reactions: stav8124 and xpoweruk
I cancelled my order of £140 each as found them for £133.50 each from f1autocentres.co.uk fitted so even better. I know it's pocket change but every penny helps.

Reactions: RS5 JON and Macdoon
If you're still looking for tyres, check mytyres.co.uk

There seems to be a **** up on their site with prices and I've just ordered 2 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta for £65 total.

Last pair I bought were £80-odd each.

Get in quick before they notice!

Just ordered x4 Hankook Ventus S1 EVO's from mytyres.co.uk, £39.50 each, but when I got to checkout they tried to charge me £468.00, phoned them re this but no answer, looks like they've sussed out their mistake, alot of top quality tyre's going cheap aswell !!!!!

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Edit, tyre's back up to £117 each on the website.
JG

Yep looks like the cats out the bag!

Will see if mine arrive, not holding out much hope now

Yep looks like the cats out the bag!

Will see if mine arrive, not holding out much hope now

I've requested a call back via their website to argue my case, I bookmarked the reciept/booking that shows x4 tyres £158.00.
But not holding my breath to get them.

JG

Reactions: xpoweruk
I've requested a call back via their website to argue my case, I bookmarked the reciept/booking that shows x4 tyres £158.00.
But not holding my breath to get them.

JG

It depends on their terms. They'll state that contract is only formed in despatch or similar, so regardless of what my confirmed order says, they're covered.

It depends on their terms. They'll state that contract is only formed in despatch or similar, so regardless of what my confirmed order says, they're covered.

Received an e-mail invoice at original price, again tried to pay it via paypal, and again came up £468. :wtf:
JG

I'd recommend Eagle F1's too, I replaced my front Contisport 3's and the car handles soooooo much better, just need to change the rears now.

I paid £145:00 each fitted from a local place, (Croydon), which was the cheapest I could find, but I love them

Stay away from conti's, they tramline like f..k in 255/35/19, that's my experience both on my A4 & A5, just ordered 4 new Goodyear F1 A2's from Tyreleader, £121.85 each delivered.

Also have had experience of Dunlop Sport Max, it's a good all round tyre.

I had Hankook's on a VW Jetta many moons ago, rated these highly aswell, but they were 17's, not 19's.

JG

Agree, I had them on the front of my Black Edition A4, and they were AWFUL, felt like I was fighting with the car all the time, now I have F1's on the front, it's totally transformed the handling!

Reactions: RS5 JON
I put 4 hankooks on my S3 , won't put them on again as the rim protection is awful, non existent , every bump / stone is chipping my rims , something I had not thought about before , but now top of my list when renewing , along with a refurb !

Agree, I had them on the front of my Black Edition A4, and they were AWFUL, felt like I was fighting with the car all the time, now I have F1's on the front, it's totally transformed the handling!

Swapped the Conti's for F1's yesterday, already feeling the difference. :racer:
JG

Reactions: Macster
I put 4 hankooks on my S3 , won't put them on again as the rim protection is awful, non existent , every bump / stone is chipping my rims , something I had not thought about before , but now top of my list when renewing , along with a refurb !

Apparently Hankook's are Audi choice tyre now, fitted to all new Audi's coming off the production line, hopefully they have sorted the rim protector issue.
JG

Rim protection isn't huge on the Hankooks TBH.
Having said that my wheels are 9" not 8" on 245/40/18

WP 20160408 001
WP 20160408 002

That doesn't look if it would protect much of the wheel XP, although as you say, that's on a 9 inch wide wheel.

JG

Mine are the same on standard S3 wheels .I never put much thought into rim protection in the past , only when I got tyres without and the wheels started chipping did I see the value in them. I always thought it was for protecting against kerb rash and would be useless anyhow !

I've just swapped my S3's 235/35/19 Conti Sport 5's (original tyres) for Eagle F1 Assy 3s, £133 per corner including fitting etc, I couldn't believe the difference in grip and they are so much quieter!

Only downside is limited rim protection, the wife curbed the front left alloy on the second day so that'll be about another £100 to fix I would think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelin pilot sport 4 (225/40/18)
I paid 104 fitted per corner from Costco. £25 voucher if you buy 2 or £50 off if you buy 4.
Amazing wet grip and lower road noise compared to the Conti Sport 5s I had on.

Eagle Assymetric 3s will be quieter but can't comment on grip compared to Ps4s.

its funny you say about the rim protection because i found the f1s had much better protection than the vredesteins rim protection that I used to have, and i run 235/35 on a 10j, no exposed lip and good arch clearance, really pleased.

Now I've done it, my cunning ploy to use KwikFit's online price quote to get a good price from my local indy tyre place failed - they can't match that price. Came home, checked AA tyre prices, got same tyres for just under £10 less for a set of 4 (with members 2.5% discount) - and I get £80 Lovetoshop vouchers from Pirelli, only thing is, I already have £400 Lovetoshop vouchers waiting to get used, still I'm sure I'll get something? Still all that makes it look like £111.28 each for 255/35 X 19 Pirelli Rosso, which for a Summer only use tyre, suits me (Rosso are a compromise between performance and comfort and were a factory fit to my 2011 S4).

I've heard Fulda SportControl is good and not expensive

I recently fitted Avon ZZ5 - 255 x 19 x 35 to replace the Conti's -- sooooo much quieter and eliminated the tramlining - really pleased with them and they also have an A rating for wet grip performance - were £496 fitted / balanced and disposal of old tyres through

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjahbr1hZnMAhWHMhoKHTxvA-EQFghkMAU&url=http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/avon/zz5&usg=AFQjCNE66uz9O2e2SzS16JqDwT7LS7xOBA&sig2=HlnhxO119yIlSiHNBPyObA

After getting 4 new Goodyear F1's front 2 fitted 5 weeks ago the rear 2 fitted 3 weeks ago i have found a screw in my rear tyre but the air not going down just yet. Absolutely well annoyed. Can tyres be repaired if a screw goes into it?

I depends on where the screw has gone in, if it is away from the side wall that tyre should be repairable with a mushroom plug. Are you not up for trying to unscrew that screw as it might just be a short one, or do you not feel lucky?

Hankooks tyres every day of the week for me on any Audi!.
Everyone has their way own personal preference but I've owned many Audis for nearly 20 yrs and these tyres surpass all the other brands I have tried. Im a believer that you get what you pay for but these are not the most expensive. That's my two pence..

Goodyear eagle F1, have had Audis for over 30 years, stay away from continentals!

There we go. Hankooks or Goodyear. I personally agree.
Continentals are probably the most expensive and worst!