Recommend me a leather cleaner

sheridan94

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend any decent products to clean and protect my leather interior.
I see that companies offer shampoo and conditioner.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Angelwax heaven for leather

Reactions: Brodster and Welshquattro
How about autofinesse shampoo and conditioner ?

Had look at heaven for leather.
Sounds good that i only need one product and its cheap :)

Thanks guys

Need to be careful hear as depends what type of leather you have. A lot of automotive leather is actually coated with like a lacquer and that's what gives it that matte/matt effect/look.

If you start banging all this conditioner and what not on top of this it will just block it up and dirt will stick to it and with you getting in and out will eventually rub it off. Also a lot of these conditioners leave the leather looking shiny.

Like I say just be mindful. I have bought a kit from LTT in Harrogate, granted its a little expensive but it does go along way and the leather smell spray is excellent.

I have also found that diluting APC down and spraying it on, agitating with a brush works wonders to clean it as well. But no protection is given by doing that.

Hope that helps, be sure to let us know what you end up buying and get some pictures up (Y)

Jonny

Need to be careful hear as depends what type of leather you have. A lot of automotive leather is actually coated with like a lacquer and that's what gives it that matte/matt effect/look.

If you start banging all this conditioner and what not on top of this it will just block it up and dirt will stick to it and with you getting in and out will eventually rub it off. Also a lot of these conditioners leave the leather looking shiny.

Like I say just be mindful. I have bought a kit from LTT in Harrogate, granted its a little expensive but it does go along way and the leather smell spray is excellent.

I have also found that diluting APC down and spraying it on, agitating with a brush works wonders to clean it as well. But no protection is given by doing that.

Hope that helps, be sure to let us know what you end up buying and get some pictures up (Y)

Jonny
Thanks jonny. You have certainly opened up a can of worms there with the info haha.

I was sold on heaven for leather. But im open to try expensive products after all i want to protect my RS4 recaros as best as i can :)

Heaven for leather and then followed up by AW's Hide Rate which absorbs the moisture in the air to keep the leather tip top. Both available from me.

Reactions: Neil2014 and sheridan94
Heaven for leather and then followed up by AW's Hide Rate which absorbs the moisture in the air to keep the leather tip top. Both available from me.
Pm me more info on prices and the aw product please

Jonny

shhhh.... don't say that... how else will people sell useless, out of date products!!!

yes indeed, mostly all modern car leather (well from the 1990s forward anyway) is painted and finished with a clear coat much the same as the bodywork, so all these 2 step products and conditioners are complete nonsense...

I use either LTT products - they do a great anti dye kit for light coloured seats...

or for even faster results, Dr Leather wipes... these are great, I've had a big tub for ages, and takes only a few minutes each week to give the whole interior a quick wipe down.

Reactions: scotty76
I usually use Gliptone so another vote here. However I have recently got some Auto Finesse Hide cleaner and balm. This stuff is great too. It was surprising what dirt came out of what looked "clean" leather.

IMG_20141201_121943 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Thanks everyone. This isnt making my decision amy easier hahhahah

You see that pic above to me looks like the leather is caked in conditioner and is making it shiny? Unless it is the lighting on that pic.

Didn't that leather start out in life looking like this?

I think it's the leather. Certainly not shiny like it was.

I went for Dr leather cleaner, my 1st time with leather interior in car so I dont have much experience with other products but it worked very well for me.

I'm in the same position as the OP. I've yet to clean the leather in my car, but I drive around with Audi seat covers on :cool:. I've got some gliptone cleaner and conditioner, but I will be trying out some ValetPro leather soap on my leather steering wheel. I'm thinking of applying the cleaner, agitating it and wiping away. Then I want to apply a warm wet towel on the leather to try and open the pores a bit and then repeat the same procedure. Hopefully it will work and not ruin the leather in any way!

Hahha glad its not just me who's still undecided .....

My new leather seats are really shiny, would love to get them back to Matte. Might give Dr Leather a go.