Recommend me a good quick detailing spray

phil76

Reaction score
I have used many but i keep going back to megs nxt which has always been brilliant and done the job but the last bottle i had the liquid inside was white where as its always been clear from memory and didnt seem to do the job well and was a pain in the pipe to remove,
My mate give me some to try which was good but you could leave the car looking amazing but when the temprature dropped at night big patches appeared as if water had clung to the spray and the next day it was a pain to wipe off and get looking nice again ,so i had to wash the car and start again

any input and info appreciated
the car is my black S3 if that helps with certain ones working with different paints or giving different finishes on colours

Not entirely what you're after, but I've always found that quick detailers are only really good after a damn good session of cleaning, waxing etc. and should really only be used when you get to your location (ie a show) to tidy it up. You can't keep using it over a period of time.

Nothing beats a proper wash, polish and wax in my opinion...

Not entirely what you're after, but I've always found that quick detailers are only really good after a damn good session of cleaning, waxing etc. and should really only be used when you get to your location (ie a show) to tidy it up. You can't keep using it over a period of time.

Nothing beats a proper wash, polish and wax in my opinion...

I have just had it detailed again ,second time since i got car in september,swiss wax crystal rock used,always kept on top of but i like to give it a going over with a detailing spray every time i have washed it if i have the time to give it an extra layer so dust and contaminations wash off easier the next time.

I have just had it detailed again ,second time since i got car in september,swiss wax crystal rock used,always kept on top of but i like to give it a going over with a detailing spray every time i have washed it if i have the time to give it an extra layer so dust and contaminations wash off easier the next time.

I see :thumbsup:

I've used Bullet polish for the last couple of years and found it preforms well - just wipe on buff off with no issues.use it on the front screen and after a few applications the rain will just beed off when driving, never used rain x but told to better.
at the moment it's cheaper to buy concentrated version through amazon than through their web site.

bulletpolish.co.uk

FK 425 all the way.
I've tried Dodo Juice Red Mist, Auto Finesse Finale, Auto Glym Rapid Detailer and one from the Meguairs range.. Went back to FK :arco:

Tempted to try the Angelwax QED above though... detailing is an expensive obsession :rock:

I use FK after a quick wash to restore the shine + clean up any drying marks.

With Qd, i only use this to help dry the car over after she has had a wash, a spray and a wipe with Qd helps remove water spots, never thought about using it as a quick route to the shine.
Hard work, polish/ wax

With Qd, i only use this to help dry the car over after she has had a wash, a spray and a wipe with Qd helps remove water spots, never thought about using it as a quick route to the shine.
Hard work, polish/ wax

Oh I'd never use it without polishing and waxing first.. But if you polished and waxed every week you'd have no paint left. I see QD as something to give the 'last touch' to the car when a normal wash doesn't bring back the finish after you waxed it.. Normally that's 2 - 3 months after I've machine polished and waxed it.

Last edited:
Ah no, not polish and wax every week, as your good self, 6 - 8 weeks, as said it just helps move the water to give a nice look, and yes, machined then waxed,

Ah no, not polish and wax every week, as your good self, 6 - 8 weeks, as said it just helps move the water to give a nice look, and yes, machined then waxed,

Yeah couldn't agree more :)

To the op.. If you really want a good shine on the car I recommend Prima Amigo - especially on a black car.
It's not a QD, more like a paint cleaner / glaze - hides fine swirls until you have the time to completely clay, cut and refine the paintwork.

Pic below of my S3, couldn't be happier with the shine. Quick wash, iron X'd the paintwork and wheels, washed again, went over the car with Prima Amigo, then finished off with Dodo Juice Supernatural hard wax.

S3, amigo. by russwuss, on Flickr

Amen to that. I often wonder if a Whiskey habit would be cheaper. :)

Haha.. You're certainly right on that. I sit there looking at drying towels at £20 thinking.. I wouldn't spend £20 on a towel to dry myself so why the hell am I buying one to dry the car :)

Angelwax QED for me.
Leaves a fantastic finish.
Very impressed :)
I always put it on after washing the car :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If you like Megs stuff you'll love the Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer. Been using it on my black cars after every wash. Can even use it in full sun

If you like Megs stuff you'll love the Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer. Been using it on my black cars after every wash. Can even use it in full sun

Tried that before using QED, wasn't that impressed with it tbh. Expensive as well around the 13 quid mark.
A lot better things for cheaper I reckon m8 ;)
QED is only 6 quid :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Brodster
Thanks for that..will have to get me some of that. Prices appear good to.

Thanks for that..will have to get me some of that. Prices appear good to.

M8 all the stuff is great.
I have the shampoo, revelation,elixer,QED,heaven,dark angel.
Tried everything apart from the i wax which i havent tried yet is impressive.
Very reasonably priced also :)
Think Brodster has a sale on in July still. Give him a pm :)

Last edited:
Tried that before using QED, wasn't that impressed with it tbh. Expensive as well around the 13 quid mark.
A lot better things for cheaper I reckon m8 ;)
QED is only 6 quid :)

How big is the bottle? £4 for delivery also! making it £9.99

I bought some Muc Off detailer 1ltr from Screwfix for 5.99, stays too wet for me and seems to smear and smudge! went over the top of it with Meguiars Gold Class detailer

500ml bottle for QED. If anyone is wanting the QED get it quick as Angel wax HQ are revising their pricing list so most products are going to increase by a little bit.

Just to big up Brodster

i ordered some of this last week and used it at the weekend and have to say amazing stuff ! i cant praise it enough but you should buy some especially for the price,as said mine hasnt been detailed long so everything is pretty smooth and smart anyway but washed the car on saturday and give it going over with the angel wax QED and was very impressed to the point i am going to order another one or two bottles just to have,yesterday bit of rain in the evening and by the time the car was home there was no surface water on it anywhere,the rain was beading off the panels as i was driving so much that i was watching this happening on the bonnet more than on the road in front of that .

As said it might be a lot to do with the paint and the swiss wax crystal rock under it too but still please with it and no smears or holding moisture over night to make the finish patchy in the morning.

Reactions: Cowen99 and Brodster
Brodster is the man for detailing products, couldn't believe how amazing AngelWax was!! Better than any other brand like zaino, zymol, auto finesse etc..

Cheers for that guys. Just to let you all know shelves are fully stocked again so if you want more goodies Phil then gimme a bell.

Angelwax has just sent me the last 500ml sample botte of their liquid wax - Corona to test. If all is well then this bad boy of a product will be released very shortly and my god are you all gonna be impressed. Liquid wax in a bottle. I did a test on it on the S3 afew months ago and the panel is still beading and protected. Its going to be a winner again I think.

Also just read my comment and can only apologise for the poor use of the english lanquage,tool

i can never really tie one down that I can consistently use on different cars. when I was in the states I noticed they used liquid waxes mixed with detailing spray, not all products you can do this with but duragloss aquawax mixed with fast clean &shine is good as is autoglyms aquawax and rapid detailer all mixed 50/50 and I tend to use these in the winter after a wash as easy to use and gives an added boost.