Recommend me a good online detailing product company

Been using it for the last couple of years since @BristleHound raved about it on a Mini forum. Can’t fault it at all, use it with a pump sprayer and let it dwell while getting power washer etc set up. Works well at this time of year and smells nice too, oranges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you just spray that on, leave it for a few mins, then snow foam it?
Does it just loosen the dirt?
Was always told snow foam was less effective if the paintwork it wet firsts it slides off without doing its stuff?

Was always told snow foam was less effective if the paintwork it wet firsts it slides off without doing its stuff?
Don't know if it is definitely confirmed as being less effect, but I always apply to a dry car (if it hasn't been raining prior to the wash). It makes more sense.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yeah then rinse off before snow foaming. I’ve always applied snow foam to a wet car, never tried it on dry car so not sure if it make a difference or not.

Been using it for the last couple of years since @BristleHound raved about it on a Mini forum. Can’t fault it at all, use it with a pump sprayer and let it dwell while getting power washer etc set up. Works well at this time of year and smells nice too, oranges!
I knew @Bristle Hound would be behind this! I'm another TotalMini forum member from when we had our JCW....still miss that car!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Don't know if it is definitely confirmed as being less effect, but I always apply to a dry car (if it hasn't been raining prior to the wash). It makes more sense.
Yeah, I was "pulled up" on the A5OC forum when I had the S5 and first got a lance and snow foam as I said I karchered the car first thinking I was loosening the grime. Means the foam slides off before getting a chance to work properly.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and Audi Bairn
Reactions: Jassyo06 and BarryG79
Seems like some debate as to pre wash v snow foam as some on there only use one or the other. But you use both which I might try. Wish I'd ordered some with the rest of the stuff.
Citrus pre wash ordered!
Bloke from DPD should be back on Monday :relaxed:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
Was tempted to get the citrus pre-wash mate, can you let me know how you get on with the it
Get some ordered mate. You won't regret it
Been using it for the last couple of years since @Bristle Hound Hound raved about it on a Mini forum. Can’t fault it at all, use it with a pump sprayer and let it dwell while getting power washer etc set up. Works well at this time of year and smells nice too, oranges!
I knew @Bristle Hound would be behind this! I'm another TotalMini forum member from when we had our JCW....still miss that car!
@BarryG79 @SPIKE_S1 - Ah the memories
I feel I'm getting the blame for something here lol
****** hell ! Back to 2013 !

@jassyo06 @Audi Bairn - More here on VP CPW
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/valetpro-citrus-pre-wash.242204/#post-2960771

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79 and Jassyo06
Get a ****** grip you 2......by the time shuggy wuggy and Duncan the donut arrive it'll be minus blinkin 3 Er 4 so nae washin the Audi's the day......lol by the way
Post pics a yer stuff

@jassyo06 @audibairn

No snow foaming the day either! ☃️☃️
Think the birds found the reindeer food too
2b8822553107c99d8697236c642184f0.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Really

We are low lying and have the refinery at Grangemouth melting most of it before it falls on the ground

About 4 inches here too chaps!
Cars safely tucked up in the garage but the dug had a ball.
No car cleaning for a while yet!
6a0d4117c15606f334ed6e2fea9eb8d1.jpg
0cacd86fbbd86a031a3a64a1cae22000.jpg
bba5207ece6a87b888d867d1392d8715.jpg
8ccb3b34e9c76ad6ed29a08d57913488.jpg
d226fb7bd5134d575b58083b1e9600ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Scottyg, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 2 others
About 4 inches here too chaps!
Cars safely tucked up in the garage but the dug had a ball.
No car cleaning for a while yet!
6a0d4117c15606f334ed6e2fea9eb8d1.jpg
0cacd86fbbd86a031a3a64a1cae22000.jpg
bba5207ece6a87b888d867d1392d8715.jpg
8ccb3b34e9c76ad6ed29a08d57913488.jpg
d226fb7bd5134d575b58083b1e9600ab.jpg

Wow, that is a good lump of snow alright! Here in Northern Ireland all we have is freezing temperatures and today the rain arrived.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Wow, that is a good lump of snow alright! Here in Northern Ireland all we have is freezing temperatures and today the rain arrived.
Yeah mate, that all fell within about 3 - 4 hours this morning too. Before that we were frozen up too.

Reactions: SPIKE_
I use Elite Car Care and no one else. Mainly because I'm not that far away from Maidenhead and can visit their warehouse/detail place and see the products. All the products he seels are decent quality not like some others that sell a mix of decent stuff and total carp stuff

PS For all purpose MF's you can't beat these @jassyo06
If you have a Costco you can get these even cheaper from there

Search 'Kirkland Signature Ultra Plush Microfiber Towels 36 Pack' on the Amazon Uk site
£23.49 delivered for 36 mf's

Amazon product

I'm on my 3rd pack as the SWMBO keeps stealing 'em lol

For buffing MF's I would recommend these -
http://www.saverschoiceuk.com/autom...ibre-edgeless-korean-car-detailing-cloth.html
Order at least 5 mate

Don't forget the DW10 discount code for a further 10% off the buffers ;)

The Costco ones are ok but they are great value but they are quite small and get soaked quite quickly - handy items to keep the cat boot though. They are only £15 ish in Costco. Id get them but also one or two decent towels too

Weather cleared and I was determined to try the new products. Citrus pre wash was great. Once applied, karcher removed 95% of grime. I then snow foamed as a secondary clean. It started freezing on the roof and glass. Karcher cleared all this. Fireball Easy Coat went on (used 200ml over the whole car). Rinsed off to leave some half decent beading. Will see how long it lasted in this crap weather. Pics not great as it was getting dark!
510476f40a90215f1d7d130c82b1b9e8.jpg
e1dfc6c215bb0f56d785dc5563059566.jpg
a3e122d60ba92a611617188d7802cd7f.jpg
456f71dfbf6c4897b0017feb06ecfe18.jpg
439c46bdba4bc3efe00e878e251b2207.jpg
533b50d3e5fe2697eb08e7dd05a961ed.jpg

Last edited:
Weather cleared and I was determined to try the new products. Citrus pre wash was great. Once applied, karcher removed 95% of grime. I then snow foamed as a secondary clean. It started freezing on the roof and glass. Marcher cleared all this. Fireball Easy Coat went on (used 200ml over the whole car). Rinsed off to leave some half decent beading. Will see how long it lasted in this **** weather. Pics not great as it was getting dark!

Dedicated to the cause!

Glad to hear the good feedback.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Dedicated to the cause!

Glad to hear the good feedback.

The old biceps are actually like that with all the squeezy bottle action with the pre-wash AND the Fireball post-wash lol.

Will see how long this repels the grime for over the rest of the week as I'm back to work tomorrow.

I've not applied it in the best conditions this time, I fully accept. Will do the TT at the weekend hopefully.

Looks like I'll be digging out the cleaning products again tomorrow after getting back from Stirling tonight via the back roads lol
81c1463cb92ffa0ca7e7274051262b6a.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro, MattSedg, Jassyo06 and 1 other person