Recommend Cleaning Products

Rowan88

Reaction score
At the moment this is my setup:

Karcher Pressure Washer
TripleWax Wash & Wax (Shampoo)
Demon Wheels Spray (Alloys)
Demon Shine (Finishing Detail)
AutoGlym Instant Tyre Dressing Spray (Tyres)

Can anyone recommend me a good protection to use on my new powder coated alloys? I was recommended PoorBoys Wheel Sealant.

And also any replacements or extra's I should be using?

Thanks

For me snow foam is a must as a first step in cleaning.

Wash mitt and 2 bucket method as well.

Demon wheels spray is crap imo, get yourself some fallout remover cleaner, you'll notice a massive difference

I personally use collinite 845 wax as a sealant over my dojo juice diamond white wax, but collinite can just be used by itself.
Top up with a detail spray if you want to give it a further shine between waxing.

Im no expert but i find that makes mine look great for not much cost.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

I'll be honest, I have never used Demon stuff so can't comment whether or not it is good. As long as you are happy with the results, it should be fine.
1- Wheel Cleaners
On my old cars including my current B7 I use Meguiars Wheel Cleaner or AutoGlym Custom Wheel Cleaner. Leave it for couple of minutes and you'll see it change colour on your rims. Both good products.
And I have also used Bilt Hamber and man everything else is a waste of money. Too tiff
2- Fallout Remover
You have to start using any decent fallout remover, again my recommendation would be Bilt Hamber Korrosol, BH surfex HD. AG insect remover is good as well.
3- Snow Foam.
I use Valet Pro PH Neutral snow foam and it is good and I'd recommend.
4- Polishes / Waxes / Sealents
My personal view is these things are your personal choice, i.e. what works for you. I use combination of Meguiars polishe and wax as well as AG Super Resin along with Rapid Wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that bilt hamber wheel cleaner is awesome but mega expensive

Depends how far and how much you want to spend

Found this with a quick look (haven't used it)

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112043370962

Also, I would love to try different products like Dodo Juice, Chemical Guys, Auto Finnesse and Adam Polishes and Gyeon but my current stock that I have will last another 12-18 months. So if you live in Oxford, feel free to pick up few bits from me

The dojo juice hard wax I use is brilliant. Use poor boys black hole (as a base) on the wife's black a3 black edition and also on the dining room table

Reactions: V6_Man
The dojo juice hard wax I use is brilliant. Use poor boys black hole (as a base) on the wife's black a3 black edition and also on the dining room table

Lol @Dining room table. I use MG Leather balm but never thought of using it on my dining chairs, thanks for the tip, I might try it tonight

Reactions: feva
Thanks for replies will look into them.

The demon wheels isnt up to much but demon shine actually does a pretty good job.. unless ive nothing proper to compare too lol.

I use Autoglym spray on polish, put it on when the car is still wet from washing. It does not need buffing off and beading lasts for several months.

Reactions: scotty76
@Rowan88 - You could always have a look on Detailing World, if you dare lol
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/

Many have before you & ended up with empty bank accounts lol

Lol. Hence why I asked him to take some free stuff from me. I am a living example . I'd suggest you don't search detailing world or watch YouTube videos by Ammo NYC, Forensic Detailing Channel or Detailing Guru or Miracle Detailing by Paul Dalton or Gurchan Sahota etc

White B8.5 S4 MRC Stage 2
Silver B7 A4

For me snow foam is a must as a first step in cleaning.

Wash mitt and 2 bucket method as well.

Demon wheels spray is **** imo, get yourself some fallout remover cleaner, you'll notice a massive difference

I personally use collinite 845 wax as a sealant over my dojo juice diamond white wax, but collinite can just be used by itself.
Top up with a detail spray if you want to give it a further shine between waxing.

Im no expert but i find that makes mine look great for not much cost.

Why would you try put another wax or sealant over a wax??

Why would you try put another wax or sealant over a wax??
Harder wax underneath is the base coat wax. The softer wax/sealant is the wearable top coat, if that makes sense.

Sealants won't go on top of a wax as they won't bond to the surface as intended, your wasting your time. Any more than two coats of wax and usually you will end up stripping one coat as you apply the next. Usually just better to apply two coats of the same wax rather than mixing waxes and reapply then as necessary. I tend to remove the wax coat every two months or so , light polish/glaze then seal and wax.

Can certainly say it doesn't appear to strip away the base coat.

Decided to treat myself today at Bonny Pack Glasgow.. picked up the following:

AutoGlym Wheel Protector - £5.75
AutoGlym Tar Remover - £3.95
AutoGlym Custom Wheel Cleaner 1L including two brushes kit - £9.95
AutoGlym Rapid Aqua Wax 500ml Kit including cloth - £8.95

Prices including VAT ended up £34 so not bad :D

Was unsure if it was Wheel Cleaner or Custom Wheel Cleaner I needed for powder coated rotors but I think I picked the right product.

Just need to order some Snow Foam from eBay along with a nice wax armor for the alloys.

Also just noticed wheel protector isn't suitable for dark coloured wheels :( Already applied

Note to self, don't use AG Wheel Protector on dark coloured alloys as stated:

LOL! :p

Washed it off though :) It could even have been a bit of drip from the Tyre Dressing as my car sits up on a kerb..

20170512_122355.jpg

Either way I will just be buying some PoorBoys Wheel Sealant for them :)

Really need to start rolling car back and forward before I post a photo after wash, disc really makes it look bad... Also need to paint that brake shield/guard :(

Note to self, don't use AG Wheel Protector on dark coloured alloys as stated:

LOL!

Washed it off though :) It could even have been a bit of drip from the Tyre Dressing as my car sits up on a kerb..

20170512_122355.jpg

Either way I will just be buying some PoorBoys Wheel Sealant for them :)

Really need to start rolling car back and forward before I post a photo after wash, disc really makes it look bad... Also need to paint that brake shield/guard :(
Oh dear. Lesson learnt and all that.
definitely need the shield painting.

Love the finish on the wheels @Rowan88

I had exactly the same issue on my shields after I applied BH Wheel Cleaner and it was fine after 3.5 miles of drive the next morning. The rotors were shinning like a silver star
e0d6ab3168bf26b7e47d5fe3e83906d0.jpg

Yeah its the same with me, I just forget and like to take the photo straight after lol, forget all about the golden discs! :p

Thanks for all the help, Ordering PB Wheel Sealant and Valet Pro Snow Foam just now, that should keep me good for a while...

Is the break shield easy enough to paint if I remove the wheel, or do I need to take it off for painting?

I've tried a number of wheel cleaners and sealants (including poorboys) over the years, as I'm a wheel whore.

Gtechniq wheel armour is the daddy of wheel sealants, and combine with gtechniq W6 to clean the wheels.

My last set of wheels on the RS4 should have been a pain in the **** to clean: 20" of split rim multi-spokeness. However, my cleaning routine for them was:

- Spray on W6, and leave for 5min while I snowfoam the rest of car
- Pressure wash off

Unless the car was really really dirty, I didn't even need to touch them! The wheel armour creates a really slick surface, and dirt just slides off.

dc6f0df8ab43d710224057d43898f2c1.jpg

Yeah its the same with me, I just forget and like to take the photo straight after lol, forget all about the golden discs!

Thanks for all the help, Ordering PB Wheel Sealant and Valet Pro Snow Foam just now, that should keep me good for a while...

Is the break shield easy enough to paint if I remove the wheel, or do I need to take it off for painting?
Just take the wheels off and paint the shield in place. Very easy and quick to do.

Reactions: scotty76
Am I better with Hammerite paint or VHT? I take it I am better with tin rather than spray.

Am I better with Hammerite paint or VHT? I take it I am better with tin rather than spray.
I just used HT paint and applied it with a brush. Save masking up everywhere.