1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Recomendations for "Decent" Spark plugs for Revo Stage 3 Map?

Graham Smith May 5, 2019

1. Graham Smith

Graham Smith Member VCDS Map User

Looking to replace the plugs in my 2007 S-Line with a Revo stage 3 map and DSG stage 2 map. Originals are looking like they are getting a little hot (Running 9 Boost, 6 Fueling and Timing on the SPS switch). Don't really want to adjust the mapping as I seem to have hit a sweet spot (344 Bhp on rollers).

Any recomendations for decent plugs? I've seen the NGK thread, but if anyone has any personal recomendations with plug codes, it would help.

Thanks All,

G

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. torquemaster

torquemaster Registered User

4. stbuk

stbuk Member Silver Supporter

I run NGK-BKR7EIX at 400bhp. Not had a drama so far.

5. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Registered User

NGK BKR7EIX is the popular plug for tuned vehicles. What turbo are you running for Stg3?

6. Graham Smith

Thanks Guys, I'll give them a go.

Re the Turbo, standard KO4

G

7. paddy

paddy Registered User

Revo stg 3 and only 340 bhp ? with an S3 turbo ?

8. Daveyonthemove

Daveyonthemove Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I'd get that map looked at. I am running 320bhp on stock hardware and stage 1.

9. nluk100

nluk100 Registered User

By the looks of it he has a 2.0tfsi sline not an S3 so he may be running std injectors, std hpfp?? It's stage 3 for the k03 car = the k04 turbo.

Daveyonthemove likes this.
  10. Graham Smith

Nah, I've replaced the turbo (K04) and injectors (S3), and upgraded the HPFP (APR). as well as the intercooler (Airtech) The thing is, don't forget Revo run slightly different "Stages" to the norm....IE, Stage 1 is expected to run between 230 and 260 BHP. 2 is 240 - 270. This (Stage 3) is said to offer up to 350bhp. It's not a custom map where every pony is wrung out of the engine and, until last night I would have said it doesnt strees the engine (no new internals Rods/Pistons etc). https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/audi/a3-8p-2003-2012/15/stage-3

Why "Until last night"?

****** thing went pop on me on the A23. Not sure what has gone yet - engine still turns freely, won't fire and before it went there was a hell of a racket from the top-end. Going to get it recovered this morning and see what organs and body parts I need to sell........I'd like to say I'd be better off if I got paid by the inch but then I may just about be able to afford a New Oil Filler Cap....;-)

If anyone has a half decent 2.0 TFSI (BWA) engine they want to sell, I'm in the market! (Looking to completely re-build, so doesnthave to be perfect).

Last edited: May 8, 2019